The Genealogy of TearRing Saga's Cast (SPOILERS)

I’m playing TRS for the second time, and I wanted to write down the genealogies of certain characters because it seemed interesting, but confusing. This should clarify it for anyone curious. 

Tell me if there is anything I need to add or got wrong.

Sage Genealogies, my main interest that got me making this. The Six Sages were fathers and their sons (son-in-law for Eisenbach & Alfred) who used magic to help the physically-oriented Six Heroes defeat the Gerxel Cult and surpress Witch Dragon Kranion during the Ledan Crusade ~15 years prior to the game's start. The Crusade was when the Gerxel Cult (but not Canaan) tried to conquer the shattered Kindom of Leda. Official governments of the surviving kingdoms refused to help, leaving men of all backgrounds to fight Gerxel on their own.:

Sage Eisenbach of Canaan, killed by Gwenchaos in Chapter 4. Had two daughters. Hid Enteh at Mars Temple after Nolzeria (?), where he had rescued her and taken the Ring of Reeve. His children.:

• Selene- Mother of Sennet and Nayfa. Married to Arless 1st Prince of Canaan. Died in a fire 15-14 years ago arranged by Karla, acting as a royal concubine to Emperor/King Bahanuk.
  • Sylphis- Mother of Mel and Maruj. Married to Sage Alfred, descendant of the lost priesthood of the Leda Earth Shrine.

Sage Octavus of Salia, killed by Gwenchaos at some point. Had four children.:

• Sage Andre, the eldest child. Died fighting Gwenchaos to free Enteh from his clutches at Nolzeria. Had one daughter, Renee. Good with Fire magic.
  • Rosa, mother of Rishel and Meriel. The second-eldest child of Octavus. Married Narith, son of Sage Maios. Committed suicide when she found out eight years after the fact that Maeve/Enteh had been imprisoned by her husband. 
  • Claris, the third child of Octavus. Mother of Verna, Martel, and Frau. Married to Robert, brother of King Dagnell of Salia. Entrusted with the Ring of Reeve after Nolzeria. Said to be a talented mage by Rishel, but failed to get any of her daughters to learn magic.
  • Lisa, mother of Sasha and Holmes. Married first Admiral Vals of Granada, but left after five years and married Raphael, King of Welt. Once a great Pegasus Knight.

Sage Maios of Reeve, killed by Gwenchaos at some point. Freed Enteh when he returned to Reeve after eight years. He had two children.:

• Narith, a Sage skilled in Light Magic like his father. Watched over the Water Shrine. A little mentally unstable already, the birth of Enteh and her Brand of Yutona made him insane, and he agreed with the bad King Badoum of Reeve to imprison Maeve/Enteh in the Water Shrine. Banished from the Water Shrine after Sage Maios’s return, he went on to directly serve in Badoum. Began hunting Zoans as heretics and having them put in camps to labor, be tortured, and ultimately executed. Died in some way, perhaps conflict, trying to capture Runebade Yoda in Yr. Hated by his son Rishel, Meriel, too young at the time, has not yet been told the truth of him. Had his children live in a mansion in Rimne near the Water Shrine before Maios let them visit the Shrine and meet Maeve when she was 10.
  • Elena, Queen of Reeve, was not told of her daughter Maeve/Enteh’s imprisonment by her husband or brother in advance. Died of a broken heart with Maeve’s “disappearance” shortly thereafter.

Genealogies of the Six Heroes, AKA not so interesting.:

1. Duke Gramud of Razelia.
    • Married to an unnamed woman of direct descent from Carluon, although the connection is unexplained. Father of Runan.
    • A sworn brother to Arless, died to Gwenchaos and Muse at Nolzeria one year prior to the game’s start.
  2. Admiral Vals of Granada.
    • Married to Lisa, who divorced him after five unhappy years.
    • Fathered Holmes with Lisa.
    • While on a sexual escapade using the alias “Valentius”, he sired Attrom on an unnamed woman.
  3. Prince Arless of Canaan, eldest son of King/Emperor Bahanuk.
    • Brother to Princess Reshe of Sophia (but born of Canaan), and Princes Barker (father of Princess Stephanie) and Julius of Canaan.
    • Married to Lady Selene, daughter of Sage Eisenbach of Canaan. Had the twins Sennet and Nayfa with her, but she died and their children were presumed dead.
    • Led the now-dissolved elite Black Knights of Canaan, which Silva, daughter of General Barbarossa and mother of San, was a member of. A sworn brother to Gramud, died to Gwenchaos and Muse at Nolzeria one year prior to the game’s start.
  4. Temujin, Warlord of Erial.
    • A Cult of Gerxel member (and Zoan?) who betrayed during the Ledan Crusade and made the mere fortress of Erial into a powerhouse of a fiefdom, one of several that formed with the collapse of the Kingdom of Leda.
    • Father of Katrina, and through her the adoptive grandfather of Sennet and Nayfa.
  5. Yoda the Runeblade.
    • Blood father of Julia. 
    • Adoptive father of Shigen since he was no older than ~3 (perhaps rescued from Gerxel on the last will of Shigen the Elder?).
    • A Zoan who overthrew the Reevan labor camp for Zoans on the Isle of Yr and made it an independent country. Frustrated Sage Narith’s “heretic hunting” to the point Narith died in some way from it.
  6. Raphael, King of Welt. Descended from General Sutherland the Great, founder of the Kingdom of Welt. Married Sage Octavus’s daughter Lisa. Father of Sasha.

Random other geneological(?) bits.:

• It is suggested that Xeno, an orphan of unknown parentage, looks like Tia. Suggests without further explanation that he is in some capacity Ledan royalty.
  • Raziel “Lionheart” is brother to Queen Maria of Salia, this is his claim to the Salian throne that Holmes and someone else mentions. Apparently, it can surpass Katri’s and Robert’s Pegasus daughters’ claims to the throne, not that they want the throne.
  • Plum, as the daughter of Lionheart and Lan, becomes a Princess of Salia at the game’s end. Yet, with the passing of the Salian throne to Lionheart, unless there is at least one drop of Yutona/Salia’s blood in his family history that led to his birth (or Renee’s), and with 4000 IIRC since Carluon that seems plausible, but it is not confirmed. Therefore, it is possible that the Brand of Yutona has been extinguished from the main branch of the Salian royal family, for now. And who knows what Katri and Holmes have planned long after the ending?

And two questions I have:

1. And what was Nolzeria again? An attempted peace-treaty between Canaan and Reeve that Gwenchaos turned to a bloodbath resulting the nuclear-esque annihilation of the city and all present? I know Enteh was his means to the end.

2. What about Meriel, Enteh, Rishel and Blahd? When and how long were they there?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Fixed for Lisa and Renee issues.

There is an event chain that triggers if you send Sasha with Holmes after the first route split, that reveals information that should be a part of your genealogy

Spoiler

That event chain eventually reveals that Holmes's mother is Lisa, making Holmes and Sasha half siblings...

On 1/10/2020 at 10:43 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

There is an event chain that triggers if you send Sasha with Holmes after the first route split, that reveals information that should be a part of your genealogy

Cool! I'll have to see this on a third TRS playthrough (probably males only, which will justify putting Sasha with Holmes, no need for +3 Lck then). No wonder she was feeling sick when Holmes went for his Marlon pick, the game was hiding her b/c I didn't have Sasha. Now how does brown and brown make blonde, and brown and blonde make blue?

Really though, Holmes is a Sage grandchild? Part of the Octavus family? This is unbelievable. He just doesn't fit in with the rest personality-wise. Him and Kate being half-siblings is even less believable. And Raphael as a stepdad? Maybe Lisa should've taken little Holmes with him when she left, fewer daddy issues that way. Nevermind that'd stop likely him from going privateer and budding up with Shigen.

And for a picture guide to some playable character relations.:

Cousins:

MarujuMel & SennetNeyfa

ts-meriah.gifts-rishel.gifts-enteh.gif

ts-meriah.gifts-rishel.gif & ts-renee.gif &  VernaMahterFrau & ts-sasha.gif Holmes

Katri & Plum

ts-katri.gif &  ts-verna.gifts-mahter.gifts-frau.gif

Married/Marries a Sage descendant:

Runan to ts-enteh.gif

ts-katri.gif to ts-holmes.gif I'd prefer if it was Shigen getting the sage shaft here, well, from Holmes's perspective. Shigen better with Sierra.

ts-bud.gif to ts-rishel.gif

ts-roger.gif to ts-mel.gif

ts-lionheart.gif to ts-renee.gif

ts-alfred.gif & ts-sylpheeze.gif

ts-loffaru.gif to 

Spoiler

450?cb=20120918010113

I can't find a smaller portrait of her.

Robert to 

Spoiler

450?cb=20151009052218

Again, picture size.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The genealogy of this game is not short of amazing. I find really funny how Holmes is both half-brother to Attrom and cousin to Renee, who are at the same time adoptive brother and sister.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cousins:

MarujuMel & SennetNeyfa

ts-meriah.gifts-rishel.gifts-enteh.gif

ts-meriah.gifts-rishel.gif & VernaMahterFrau & ts-sasha.gif Holmes

There are even a couple more ones if you think about it. Katri and Plum are also cousins (via Lionheart and Maria) and so are the three pegasus sisters to Katri (via Robert and King Dagnell). This last one is particularly amusing considering they are also cousins to Holmes through their mothers.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And two questions I have:

1. And what was Nolzeria again? An attempted peace-treaty between Canaan and Reeve that Gwenchaos turned to a bloodbath resulting the nuclear-esque annihilation of the city and all present? I know Enteh was his means to the end.

2. What about Meriel, Enteh, Rishel and Blahd? When and how long were they there?

I'm pretty sure you're right about the first one. Don't know the answer to the second one, but they clearly knew each other well enough, they must had convived for an extented period of time.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plum, as the daughter of Lionheart and Lan, becomes a Princess of Salia at the game’s end. Yet, with the passing of the Salian throne to Lionheart, unless there is at least one drop of Yutona/Salia’s blood in his family history that led to his birth (or Renee’s), and with 4000 IIRC since Carluon that seems plausible, but it is not confirmed. Therefore, it is possible that the Brand of Yutona has been extinguished from the main branch of the Salian royal family, for now. And who knows what Katri and Holmes have planned long after the ending?

I mean, as far as I know it's never stated if King Dagnell is the heir to the throne or just a consort. If Queen Maria was the one passing the Salia bloodline maybe a descendant of Plum/Lionheart could bear the brand of Yutona. And about Katri and Holmes: after the desert chapter in Berwick Saga, Tianna talks about a very old story her grandfather told her about a blond treasure hunter and his consort, which would tie well with the ending of TRS. Take this with a grain of salt, of course.

Edited by Snowball