Who are the best VAs in Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Best Voice Actor? (ENG)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. So, whose performance was best in Fire Emblem: Three Houses? -- Main Characters

• Jeannie Tirado (F!Byleth)
    • Zach Aguilar (M!Byleth)
    • Tara Platt (Edelgard)
    • Chris Hackney (Dimitri)
    • Joey Zieja (Claude)
  2. 2. So, whose performance was best in Fire Emblem: Three Houses? -- Supporting Characters

• Robbie Daymond (Hubert)
    • Ben Lepley (Dedue)
    • Salli Saffioti (Hilda)
    • Cassandra Lee Morris (Sothis)
    • Cherami Leigh (Rhea)
    • Mark Whitten (Seteth)
    • David Lodge (Jeralt)
  3. 3. So whose performance was best in Fire Emblem: Three Houses? -- Black Eagles

• Allegra Clark (Dorothea)
    • Billy Kametz (Ferdinand)
    • Erica Mendez (Bernadetta)
    • Ben Diskin (Caspar)
    • Faye Mata (Petra)
    • Chris Patton (Linhardt)
  4. 4. So whose performance was best in Fire Emblem: Three Houses? -- Blue Lions

• Lucien Dodge (Felix)
    • Dorothy Fahn (Mercedes)
    • Shannon McKain (Ashe)
    • Abby Trott (Annette)
    • Joe Brogie (Sylvain)
    • Brittany Cox (Ingrid)
  5. 5. So whose performance was best in Fire Emblem: Three Houses? -- Golden Deer

• Ben Diskin (Lorenz)
    • Zachary Rice (Raphael)
    • Janice Kawaye (Lysithea)
    • Christian La Monte (Ignatz)
    • Xanthe Huynh (Marianne)
    • Ratana (Leonie)

A lot of the voice work in this game is stellar, but particular shout-outs to Chris Hackney's Dimitri and Allegra Clark's Dorothea.

Dimitri just has to cover so many moods: genuine/caring, manic, depressed/angry, deeply emotional. Hackney did a stellar job at bringing the different sides of Dimitri to life and making them improbably feel like a single, coherent character. "Is this some kind of twisted joke?" (Chp 11) and "I've never been better!" (Chp 12) give me chills every time. And in a completely different way, so does his tears in the scene following the reclamation of Fhirdiad.

Dorothea's voice acting lends the character an air of sincerity and credibility, and packs so much meaning into her tone. The character brings a different attitude to the different characters she interacts with and her voice work sells me on it. And she packs so much emotion into her words, with particularly good examples including her Ferdinand A support and Hanneman B support, as well as a certain optional monastery dialog in AM/VW if she is recruited and Ferdinand is not.

Joe Zieja and Joe Brogie, man! One of the reasons Claude and Sylvain are my favs are their lines and part of that is how they say those lines! These two not-so-average Joes totally delivered on the funny and the more serious!

It's even funny that both of my favorite characters in TH were voiced by guys named Joe. lol

I also picked Ben Diskin for Caspar, Mark Whitten for Seteth, and Zachary Rice as Raphael. These just clicked with me most besides the two I mentioned above. Chris Hackney did do really well as Dimitri too tho.

Edited by Anacybele

3H has a lot of fantastic voice acting but if I was going to go with the best ones...

Lord: Chris Hackney as Dimitri: He does a fantastic job with his role. Tara Platt and Joe Zieja do a very good job as well of course but when the emotional Dimitri moments happen Chris just nails it.

Supporting: Chirami Leigh as Rhea: She does a good job as Rhea but she really knocks it out of the park in the Crimson Flower route.

Black Eagle: Allegra Clark (Dorothea) There's the singing but there's also some of her sassy moments and her support with Ferdie where the VA does a really well job.

Blue Lions: Lucien Dodge (Felix) Really love how he pulls Felix's tsundere like personality and especially that DEATH quote. God that death quote is voiced so well.

Golden Deer: Janice Kawaye (Lysithea)  I'm obviously biased here but I really feel like Lysithea's VA does a really good job in the supports where Lys ends up revealing her backstory to a support partner. 

Unfortunately you're missing the Knights of Seiros, Garreg Mach faculty, and most importantly, the Gatekeeper.

Also voted for Mark Whitten since IMO he has the single best voice performance in the game, but if I could I would've voted for Robbie Draymond and Cherami Leigh before anyone else.

For the three lords I'd say Dimitri might be the best one. I think its partially because I'm most familiar with his work. I like Joey Zieja as Claude but I also know him as Claude. Seeing Hackney go from the meek Boey to a more typically heroic figure and then to ''kill every last one of them!'' shows a pretty impressive range. 

Her range is also why I think Cheremei Leigh to be the best voice actress in the game. The way she goes from sweet and motherly to cold and ruthless and then completely insane is quite impressive. 

For the Beagles its probably Allegra Clark as Dorothea. Her voice breaking in her A support with Ferdinant von Aegir really impressed me. Outside of that support she also manages to combine the cheery and playful side of Dorothea as well as her depression post timeskip. 

For the Deers its actually Ignatz. La Monte found a really nice balance between the voice of a young adult and the voice of someone who's still a boy. Ignatz voice is as deep as most young adults when he talks normally but whenever he gets nervous his voice tends to get higher and turns more boyish. It fits a character as soft and dorky as Ignatz. 

I don't really have a strong opinion on the Blions voice actors. They are all quite good but aside from Dimitri they don't really stand out from their peers to me. 

No one did a bad job. I thought this was a really strong cast of voice actors.

For the main characters, this was the toughest one to vote on. I love Joe Zieja, but ultimately voted for Chris Hackney because Dimitri's part could've easily gone cringey and it didn't so he has props for that.

For the major side characters, I voted for Cherami Leigh as Rhea. She did an excellent job going from tranquil motherly figure to batshit insane. I have to shoutout Mark Whitten as Seteth and Salli Saffioti as Hilda. Whitten's voice is enjoyable to listen to and did a good job playing a concerned father and advisor. Saffioti gave us "Hilda! Hilda!" which is one of the best/most memorable victory quotes in the game. I'm sad no one voted for her yet, but I'm giving her a shoutout.

For the BE, Kametz and Mata did a really good job of delivering memorable lines. "I am Ferdinand Von Aegir!" has been meme'd within the community and Mata did a good job with an awkward role. I see a lot of people mimic Petra's lines. But ultimately, I had to vote for Allegra Clark. She played not only Dorothea, but also Shamir. Dorothea being serious didn't sound like Shamir being serious, so props to her. Her singing background certainly helped and I enjoyed the bits where she does sing. Dorothea is an opera singer, so I'm glad we actually heard her sing instead of the game just telling us she does.

For the BL, it was also a tough one. There's no weak link, but Dimitri was the standout (sorry BL). I really enjoyed Abby Trott as Annette though. She was a convincing nervous straight A student and had to do some singing bits as well in an "Annette voice".

For the GD, I picked Ratana. The part that sold me was her Monastery line when she's in grief in Month 1, Part 1. It was different from how Leonie usually is, so it was nice to see the versatility. 

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I really enjoyed Abby Trott as Annette though. She was a convincing nervous straight A student and had to do some singing bits as well in an "Annette voice".

I mean she sang Lifelight so 

Also I can't pick a favorite VA. Everyone did great. 

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

And you can't even tell it's the same voice. When I said I liked how she sang in her Annette voice, it was a compliment.

2 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Okay, but hear me out:

A hack of Three Houses where the only thing changed is that Blue Lions endgame has Lifelight as its theme, so that every route has a unique endgame track.

Ugh, way too hard to pick! 😄  But I'll try.

Main: Chris Hackney- Honestly both him and Joe more or less tie for me. If I had to tiebreak, I'd give a little more to Chris based on Dimitri's emotional journey.

Supporting: Cherami Leigh- I'm not a fan of Crimson Flower because I like Rhea and didn't want to see her succumb to madness, but boy does Cherami knock it out of the park in that route. Across all 4 routes, there's a lot of different emotions with Rhea so it's amazing how she handled it. I'm not sure if I'd rank her the best female VA in the game but pretty damn close if not.

Black Eagles- Erica Mendez- Now I'll admit I'm somewhat biased as she's actually my favorite actress in general, but while Bernadetta gets a little samey in her supports, I think Erica did a great job handling it all. Seriously, that B-support with Byleth as she's explaining her backstory and how emotional she gets at the end really pulls at my heartstrings.

Blue Lions- Abby Trott- What can I say, Annette is as wholesome as it gets and she delivers in all areas. Plus, that singing is oh so good. 😄

Golden Deer- Hmm, probably the toughest here because of how all-around solid they are. Guess I'll give to Ratana. 

But really, it was A+ work from all of them. Granted, I don't quite share everyone's love for Allegra's Dorothea. I like her Shamir a lot more.

Salli Saffioti is SUCH a icon. She was the VOICE of McDonalds and Proactiv commercials! I am sad she had to be credited as Hilda under an alias, for I feel as if she can't engage with the fandom as much because of that, and its entailing union issues.

Janice Kawaye and Ben Diskin are legends in their own right as well. They are so talented and versatile! I'm especially impressed they managed to get Janice booked. I am always worried that Cup of Tea will have to pull a Fates and recast half of the cast, but the rest of the gang seem so involved in the project, I cannot foresee them not taking their respective roles back up.

S/o to Ratana and Shannon for great performances as well! And Chris's Dimitri is SO different from Dimitri, it's insane!

On 1/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, Enryx25 said:

Either Chris Hackney or Chirami Leigh should have been nominated for best performance at TGA.

I think I'll agree with this. I also really liked Lucien Dodge, Mark Whitten, and Christian La Monte, but most were really strong.

Perhaps the ones I liked the least were Ingrid and Mercedes' voice actresses. I also didn't like Patrick Seitz's take on Jeritza. However, it's not like the performances were straight up bad or anyhing.