Choose Your Legends: Round 4 predictions

Thane

Hello chaps.

It's that wonderful time of year again where we'll be able to vote on our favorite Fire Emblem characters unless Intelligent Systems decides to scrap it. As such I thought it would be fun with a topic where we can discuss our predictions. 

I expect heavy Three Houses domination, and my top 10 list looks like this:

Men

1. Dimitri
  2. Claude
  3. Felix
  4. M!Byleth
  5. Marth
  6. Líf
  7. Chrom
  8. Robin
  9. Sylvain
  10. Seliph

I definitely think Dimitri and Claude will dominate the top two spots, and people generally love Felix as well. I can see Marth placing higher than Byleth as well, but I'm going to assume recency bias will make him sore higher. Líf is a bit of a wildcard, and I haven't seen many people talking about him at all, but the Heroes OC's have proven to get quite a lot of votes in previous polls, so I'm placing him here on a gut feeling. Chrom and Robin remain together as is tradition, Sylvain is fairly popular and I don't think there are too many Three Houses male characters that I haven't mention that will top his popularity (unless Ferdinand get placed higher thanks to meme power), and Seliph will have fans rallying behind his altless state.

Women

1. Edelgard
  2. Lysithea
  3. Bernadetta
  4. Hilda
  5. F!Byleth
  6.  F!Corrin
  7. Eirika
  8. Azura
  9. Marianne
  10.  F!Robin

Edelgard is rather controversial, so perhaps this is an overestimation, but she's still a lord of the most recent game and she has plenty of fans. Plus, she's got big yuri energy going for her. Lysithea and Bernadetta have very devoted fans, especially in Japan it seems, and Hilda seems to be a general fan favorite thanks to a solid design and being a fantastic unit. F!Byleth will probably get more votes than her male counterpart, but since the women's category gets more votes in general, she'll still not score as high on the list. F!Corrin, Eirika, and Azura have been in the top 10's for a long time and will probably stay there, although perhaps the over-saturation of alts as well as Lazura will dampen their popularity a bit. Marianne and F!Robin are two shots in the dark; with the most popular female Three Houses characters already accounted for, and Anna having received an alt as well as suffering from vote splits, I went with these two. 

Choose Your Legends 1 results: 

Spoiler

Fire-Emblem-Heroes-vote-tally.jpg

Choose Your Legends 2 results: 

Spoiler

cbf.jpg

Choose Your Legends 3 results:

Spoiler

DyS3YaVUYAAS2ER.pngDyS3ZzqVAAAeOB3.png

DyS3bS-V4AA_g5s.pngDyS3cdHV4AAEvwX.png

Edited by Thane

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, this year's CYL event will be super boring and predictable; after all, when a couple has a new baby, he gets all the attentions while the other son is a bit put aside, right?

still, i'm not giving up on voting for sigurd and levin (i'd like to vote for makalov as well but honestly he has zero chances of getting enough votes to be in this year's farfetched banner, let alone getting a brave alt)

speaking of which, i hope they'll be making many 3H banners, so that this year's farfetched banner isn't full of 3H characters, as i'm sure it would be otherwise: if they introduce them before, the farfetched banner can be a bit more diversified

also rip marth aka the face of fire emblem, he's gonna lose this year as well

Edited by Yexin

I generally agree with the list but Eirika and Azura might rank higher because TH fans may be splitting their votes among many characters while the Eirika/Azura fans are still focused on their favorite. Marth may drop a few ranks as well after getting a legendary and a recent Christmas alt, but he's still make the top ten.

Just now, Yexin said:

also rip marth aka the face of fire emblem, he's gonna lose this year as well

I wonder if his fans got complacent and thought he was a shoo in for CYL3. I was genuinely surprised (and pleased) that Eliwood won. Marth definitely won't rank this time and even CYL5 is gonna be a battle.

Give me Eirika or give me death!

...seriously though, I think Eirika will get second place. She was the top girl last year that wasn't being rallied (with the exception of Micaiah for the most part) AND has the old-school factor going for her, just as Marth does (she has the same number of alts as him now too).

Also, as much as I adore 3H, it'll be incredibly boring if all four winners are from there, so that's another reason I hope she wins. My predicted winners are thus:

Men: Dimitri, Claude/ Marth.

Women: Edelgard, Eirika.

Men's 2nd place is the tricky one for me. Marth's fans are probably livid after Eliwood overtook him last time, but Claude is not only a 3H character, but a Lord and popular in his own right, so that could go either way.

P.S. I imagine we'll have a "proper" CYL 4 thread once it starts, but I feel it might be a tad too early to discuss this. But as long as it doesn't devolve into a shouting match about Edelgard's morals I suppose it'll be fine~

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Give me Eirika or give me death!

5bc.gif

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, as much as I adore 3H, it'll be incredibly boring if all four winners are from there

I agree, though it has sold well and is the shiny new toy in the series, so I'd say the odds are in Three Houses' favor. I mean, the series' biggest names have already gotten their turn, further paving the way; there's no Ike, Lyn or Lucina left to really battle for the votes. 

I predict Dimitri and Marth for male and Edelgard and Eirika for female.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Hello chaps.

It's that wonderful time of year again where we'll be able to vote on our favorite Fire Emblem characters unless Intelligent Systems decides to scrap it. As such I thought it would be fun with a topic where we can discuss our predictions. 

I expect heavy Three Houses domination, and my top 10 list looks like this:

Men

1. Dimitri
  2. Claude
  3. Felix
  4. M!Byleth
  5. Marth
  6. Líf
  7. Chrom
  8. Robin
  9. Sylvain
  10. Seliph

I definitely think Dimitri and Claude will dominate the top two spots, and people generally love Felix as well. I can see Marth placing higher than Byleth as well, but I'm going to assume recency bias will make him sore higher. Líf is a bit of a wildcard, and I haven't seen many people talking about him at all, but the Heroes OC's have proven to get quite a lot of votes in previous polls, so I'm placing him here on a gut feeling. Chrom and Robin remain together as is tradition, Sylvain is fairly popular and I don't think there are too many Three Houses male characters that I haven't mention that will top his popularity (unless Ferdinand get placed higher thanks to meme power), and Seliph will have fans rallying behind his altless state.

Women

1. Edelgard
  2. Lysithea
  3. Bernadetta
  4. Hilda
  5. F!Byleth
  6.  F!Corrin
  7. Eirika
  8. Azura
  9. Marianne
  10.  F!Robin

Edelgard is rather controversial, so perhaps this is an overestimation, but she's still a lord of the most recent game and she has plenty of fans. Plus, she's got big yuri energy going for her. Lysithea and Bernadetta have very devoted fans, especially in Japan it seems, and Hilda seems to be a general fan favorite thanks to a solid design and being a fantastic unit. F!Byleth will probably get more votes than her male counterpart, but since the women's category gets more votes in general, she'll still not score as high on the list. F!Corrin, Eirika, and Azura have been in the top 10's for a long time and will probably stay there, although perhaps the over-saturation of alts as well as Lazura will dampen their popularity a bit. Marianne and F!Robin are two shots in the dark; with the most popular female Three Houses characters already accounted for, and Anna having received an alt as well as suffering from vote splits, I went with these two. 

3H is popular, but it only has so many votes. On CYL3, the entire Top 10 got a total of about 373,000 votes while the rest of the Top 50 got a total of about 354,000. To dominate the Top 10 to that extent, 3H would likely need a majority of votes cast for characters scoring in the Top 50, which I do not think is feasible.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

3H is popular, but it only has so many votes. On CYL3, the entire Top 10 got a total of about 373,000 votes while the rest of the Top 50 got a total of about 354,000. To dominate the Top 10 to that extent, 3H would likely need a majority of votes cast for characters scoring in the Top 50, which I do not think is feasible.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of it that way. However, I'll stick to my guns here because of the game's popularity and success. Then again, the people who vote every day (and with multiple accounts/on multiple browsers) are the more hard core fans who've played many other games.

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of it that way. However, I'll stick to my guns here because of the game's popularity and success. Then again, the people who vote every day (and with multiple accounts/on multiple browsers) are the more hard core fans who've played many other games.

Yeah. Another factor is the midterm standings reveal - it worked to counterbalance Camilla twice, and it's likely to allow people who want older characters to win to rally around the best-scoring ones and counterbalance 3H.

A particularly notable past game unit who hasn't come up so far here is Anna. She got 5th place on CYL3, making her the highest-scoring unit who will still be on CYL4. Her votes could be a bit erratic, especially since we did just get an Anna alt, but we still haven't gotten Awakening Anna (her highest-scoring incarnation) or any other pre-Heroes Anna. If Anna's votes had all gone to a single version of her, she would actually have made it all the way up to 2nd place overall, beating Micaiah, Camilla, and Eliwood. And even with her alt, she still has fewer versions than her pre-3H competition, which seemed to be relevant for the non-Camilla winners of CYL3. She could still have a shot at winning the female division.

3H Lords are easily Top 3, with F!Byleth as my guess for 2nd place for females. Eirika could put up some competition and snatch it, though~

Another year will go by in which Marth gets shafted, but what's new?~ I believe we got Duo Marth because even IS knows he's never gonna win CYL~

There's no doubt in mind that Dimitri and Edelgard will win 1st place in the male category and female category respectively. I can see Claude winning 2nd in Males as well, though Marth could also get 2nd depending on how adamant his fans are this time around, because they relied too hard on Marth's votes being combined to have him win, which he still didn't. 2nd in Females is a bit trickier in comparison. It could possibly be Anna, though considering she finally got an alt recently, I can see her support for CYL4 dropping immensely.

Not that I plan on voting for any of these characters mind you. I am using literally all of my votes on Jill and Patty (or just Patty if Jill is on the next New Heroes banner), cuz I am not waiting another year for either of them to show up, and I want them to rank high enough to give IS the idea that they should be added in the near future.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah. Another factor is the midterm standings reveal - it worked to counterbalance Camilla twice, and it's likely to allow people who want older characters to win to rally around the best-scoring ones and counterbalance 3H.

Yeah, this is partly why I expect Eirika to win too. Also, I never thought of it mathematically but your earlier comment about the number of votes in play put a smile on my face, so thanks!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

A particularly notable past game unit who hasn't come up so far here is Anna.

I think Anna only got the support she did because she didn't have ANY alts at that point in time. I've still seen a few people who want either Awakening or Fates Anna in FEH, but most seem satisfied with NY!Anna. At least, that's how it appears to me.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

3H Lords are easily Top 3, with F!Byleth as my guess for 2nd place for females.

I like Byleth, but I don't think they have a deep enough personality to win CYL and as such will have a bad taste in my mouth if Byleth takes 2nd place especially if there's a noticeable difference between F!Byleth and M!Byleth. But...

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Eirika could put up some competition and snatch it, though~

That's what I like to see! ❤️

P.S.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

5bc.gif

I know what this gif is telling me, but it cracked me up all the same, so thanks for that 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

I have a feeling we'll be getting Brave Dimitri and Claude for men and Brave Bernie and Edelgard for woman. Since he doesn't benefit from Three Houses hype Marth will once again not get his alt. 

Lif might also do very, very well. He already made it to one of the top spots before he was even a real character so now he's pretty much the most developed character from Book III he should score even higher. 

There'd be some small element of not wanting a hat-trick Red being the worst colour on the CYL banner at play perhaps. Hard to see any potential Brave Marth as being anything other than Brave Alm v2, or indeed Legendary Marth v2, making him the third sword infantry in a row, and the second Falchion infantry in a row. That said, if he could fly...

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I like Byleth, but I don't think they have a deep enough personality to win CYL and as such will have a bad taste in my mouth if Byleth takes 2nd place especially if there's a noticeable difference between F!Byleth and M!Byleth. But...

I don't think deep personalities has had any bearing on previous winners or even the Top 10~ It's just a favorites competition of whose fave can get more votes~ The Byleths have proven to be pretty popular in most Japanese polls up until now, so I expect to see them up there~

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

that could happen, yes, but camilla was a special case: i don't think 3H as a whole is as hated as camilla, so i don't think people would be willing to route against, let's say, edelgard if she's 1st place in midterm results

anyway, i can already see joe zieja rooting for claude and pushing his fanbase to do the same, so yeah claude might as well get 1st place

Edited by Yexin

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

that could happen, yes, but camilla was a special case: i don't think 3H as a whole is as hated as camilla, so i don't think people would be willing to route against, let's say, edelgard if she's 1st place in midterm results

anyway, i can already see joe zieja rooting for claude and pushing his fanbase to do the same, so yeah claude might as well get 1st place

I don't think it'll keep 3H winners from taking either 1st place spot, but I do think it'll make one or both of the 2nd place spots go to older games. 3H isn't hated, but that does't mean fans of older games are fine with it sweeping the rankings.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There'd be some small element of not wanting a hat-trick Red being the worst colour on the CYL banner at play perhaps. Hard to see any potential Brave Marth as being anything other than Brave Alm v2, or indeed Legendary Marth v2, making him the third sword infantry in a row, and the second Falchion infantry in a row. That said, if he could fly...

Are you saying it's wrong to want Brave Marth? Cuz if Brave Alm and Celica are anything to go by, Brave Marth would very likely be Pantless Marth, and who wouldn't want that?

20 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

It could possibly be Anna, though considering she finally got an alt recently, I can see her support for CYL4 dropping immensely.

That didn't stop Camilla.

I'll be voting for Minerva still, and maybe some votes for Linhardt, Felix and Lorenz (The three houses version)

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

That didn't stop Camilla.

I'll be voting for Minerva still, and maybe some votes for Linhardt, Felix and Lorenz (The three houses version)

You do realize there were people who voted for Camilla purely to spite people who didn't want her to win and get another alt right? That's not exactly the same thing with Anna

Yeah, probably the TH lords and some other female will be the top four. I might throw Claude at least one vote, but I also want to vote for Sylvain, Kieran, Elincia, and Frederick, of course. They're my real favorites atm that don't already have Brave alts. I know they won't win, but a good amount of votes will tell IS that hey, some people want them in the game or want alts of them! Frederick does have an alt, but it's a year 1 dagger alt. I want a powerful new Freddy! And Elincia, well, she has that yukata alt which is gorgeous, but I desperately want flying healer Lincy!

I have yet to see how well Plumeria will do. I think she might also get pretty high.
I also can imagine at least one 3H character to get a top spot on each gender. But I am also with that we should not underestimate that there is a counterbalance. Especially after the mid term announcement.
People who love a 3H character there will divide between 1-2 of the high scoring units. The rest might go for whichever hero has the biggest chance. If Anna, Edelgard and Berni would be the 3 top scoring units I can imagine Anna getting a push. Because while I wouldn't say there are 3H haters all over the place there would be a considered number of people who would maybe think that its a bit lame if we end up with 2 3H characters there..

Edited by Stroud

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize there were people who voted for Camilla purely to spite people who didn't want her to win and get another alt right? That's not exactly the same thing with Anna

Then again there were also people voting against Camilla purely because they didn't want another Camilla alt. I've heard it said that Veronica won that way. 

To no one's surprise, I am only voting for Elena. Join me, people who want to play the unplayable and bring Elena home to her family!

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Are you saying it's wrong to want Brave Marth? Cuz if Brave Alm and Celica are anything to go by, Brave Marth would very likely be Pantless Marth, and who wouldn't want that?

Not at all. But it's also not wrong to not want him.

If he wins, he wins a fair victory. All I am saying is that it's a factor that might convince some people to choose not to vote for him, however small those numbers may be.