Choose Your Legends: Round 4 predictions

Thane

27 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

To no one's surprise, I am only voting for Elena. Join me, people who want to play the unplayable and bring Elena home to her family!

I'd be cool with this! She can even interact with her children in a Forging Bonds! I can see it now, her talking to RD Ike and seeing just how strong and handsome a man he became and complimenting him. And embarrassing him a bit. XD

And she might comment how he looks so much like her too!

I can also see her being joined by regular Greil, Jeralt, and Elbert for a whole dead/killed parent theme.

Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is a CLY 4 I think some of the 3h lords are going to be in the top 2, but not all of them. Too much heated competition for the higher placements. The Mid term results throws wrenches into predictions causing surges of less popular characters.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think it'll keep 3H winners from taking either 1st place spot, but I do think it'll make one or both of the 2nd place spots go to older games. 3H isn't hated, but that does't mean fans of older games are fine with it sweeping the rankings.

yeah, that's a possibility too, all we can do is wait and see

well, if i can have my brave makalov sigurd, that would make me extremely happy, too bad he wouldn't have a personal skill since there's no way he's getting the 1st place (top 10 would be an amazing result anyway)

27 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Then again there were also people voting against Camilla purely because they didn't want another Camilla alt. I've heard it said that Veronica won that way. 

It's not quite that simple. Veronica was in 5th place when the midterm results went out, so Eirika or Azura would have made "better" competition for Camilla, and neither of them ended up overtaking her. What Veronica had in addition to not being Camila was being an Embla unit, since we hadn't gotten one of those yet - or any OC antagonist at all.

Here's how I think it's gonna go down.
At the midterm standings reveal, we're gonna have something akin to

Males:

1. Dimitri

2. Marth

3. Claude

4. Chrom

I'm guess it's gonna go like this at the midterm based on a few things. Dimitri is very popular, practically a shoe-in at this point. Marth, despite having recently gotten an alt, still has many fans salty over that CYL3 loss. Plus with all the 3H characters having votes split amongst them, they'll slightly impede each other, which is why I say Claude is lower than Marth. I slap Chrom on there mainly since I think his recent addition to Smash and the fact that Awakening hasn't had much love is going to boost him up a fair bit. As for the Females,

Females:

1. Bernadetta

2. Edelgard

3. Anna

4. Eirika

Alright I know this one is a little odd, but stick with me here. Edelgard is a lord, and extremely popular, but I've personally found, and last I checked the polls also said that Bernie is the most popular 3H character. She also has a rabid fanbase (nothing against y'all, it's just a fact) since she hasn't gotten into the game yet, so I think they'll come out in droves to vote for her. Edelgard is up there because, she's obviously gonna get there in some way. Anna is still high due to the her not having much, but her recently getting an alt will dull the "Anna has gotten nothing" narrative. She's still very popular, and if IS finally has it so all characters are combined then I think she'll make it. Then again, if IS does that then the polls will all be very messed up, so if they keep them split then Anna will probably not reach number one or two by midterms. Eirika is there, but Azura is also possible.

As for the final results, that's a bit more variable. Males have two possible results in my eyes.

Possibility 1

1. Marth

2. Dimitri

3, Claude

Possibility 2

1. Dimitri

2. Claude

3. Marth

Upon seeing the Midterm results, Dimitri fans might become complacent, meanwhile Claude fans will become spurred on. Marth fans have already learned what happens when you become complacent, so they will keep voting. Dimitri will have a nice enough cushion of votes to stay in the Top 2, but Marth might be able to overtake him. The Dimitri voters might also help Claude out, so it's very possible. Females basically have one possibility in my mind.

1. Bernadetta

2. Anna

I just don't see Bernie falling from the Number one spot, and I think it's possible that the Anna train from seeing how close she is will result in her barely beating out Edelgard.

As for the overall final top 10, I think y'all are missing the fact that we have 3 new female Heroes OCs. I'd put good money of either Peony or Plumera making top 10, especially with the "Fairy of Lewd Dreams" comment making Plumera basically the new Camilla-esc character. Thorr will likely make top 20. The love that Judgral has gotten this year may dull their fans, which may keep Sigurd and Seliph out of the Top 10. Reinhardt's meme status is practically gone, so he'll be lucky for Top 20. Lif is going to stay in Top 10, I'm gonna guess spot 8 unless IS release a banner with him, which will dull the support. The Byleths are probably gonna replace Robin/Corrin. Whoever the least popular character was last year is probably going to go up about 200 places. And lastly there's going to be some other brand new weird meme option IS adds which is going to make top 100.

2 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

And lastly there's going to be some other brand new weird meme option IS adds which is going to make top 100.

That would be Gatekeeper.

2 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Plumera making top 10, especially with the "Fairy of Lewd Dreams" comment making Plumera basically the new Camilla-esc character.

As much as I hate to admit it, this is absolutely going to happen. After all, FEH players love their fanservice even if Plumeria is implied to hate that stuff. On the bright side she and Loki might cannibalise each other's votes. Ditto for Triandra.

I also have to respectfully disagree with your predicted rankings. I don't think there's any timeline where Dimitri doesn't rank first; he's just too popular. Same for Edelgard. I know Bernie's popular too, but I think El has too much going for her to be beaten. Bernie could still get 2nd place, but I think Eirika will get rallied after the midterm results if she isn't in 2nd place already. As some people (including myself) have said before, an "all 3H" banner would be boring!

As for Anna, as I said before I think her NY!alt satisfied enough people that she won't rank as high enough to win. She may get into the top 50 or even 10 if IS decides to merge her votes, but I think that's as far as she'll go.

But this is all just my opinion of course. We'll know for sure three weeks from now.

the only way that DImitri doesn't win is if his fans do what happened with Marth - and legitimately don't vote for him. (way too many reddit people, FehTubers etc were saying they weren't voting for Marth because it was clear he'd win 2nd after Alm and then Boop. there was Eliwood). 

I feel the same with Edelgard. (I won't vote for her personally). 

#2 men i think can be interesting. It could be Claude. but it also could be Marth. I don't see Bylad taking #2, nor do i see Robin or Chrom doing it. they can make it a bit interesting. but i do think it would be a battle between Claude/Marth/Chrom with Marth edging out Claude. I think it really depends on Marth fans. (my two men votes are going to Dimitri). 

For the Women - it's gonna be a Lord up there or Anna/Azura. personally, I think we're gonna get Eirika . i've been saying for the longest time my two women's votes are up for grabs because I don't know who i want to vote her. Azura is one of my favourite units. (and i mean ideally she'd come in as a flying lance dancer. so. win for me x2). but I also really like Eirika a lot. I also enjoy Bylass (I don't see her winning a slot).(my women votes i think like they were last year might be split - but again they are open if people want me to toss it to someone's side). 

and then like i did last year the remaining votes will go for units i'd like to be included in the game and/or alts. (and as i really don't know much about the games in general really outside of EH etc),it might be a toss for Elincia, and two "up in the air." might go towards Tatiana for echoes, and then i'll see what happens. 

Boring 3H domination along with infighting among 3H fans over which Waifu "deserves" to win. Also Marth and Eirika will get blocked again. Anna will get a lot less votes because she has an alt now, and Lif is on the way so unless they start the CYL early he's not getting votes. 

Also a random fairy OC will get a lot of votes. Probably the Lewd one. 

I'm on Team Chaos voting Priam. I just want him to get enough votes that IS adds him so I can sit back and watch the FE fanbase tear itself apart arguing over every little thing he ever says and what that implies for Ike. 

I am going with Awakening!Anna. After the midterms, I am going with Edelgard or Plumeria, although I might still stick with Anna if Anna does well enough.

Edited by XRay

41 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL i am actually curious if she were to win what her alt would be.

She'll either be a powercrept version of her original form (like Alm), or she could have one of the two remaining Sacred weapons, one of which has no de facto wielder (Excalibur). She could get Latona instead, considering L'Arachel's the only one from Rausten who can wield it* and she already has Ivaldi. Eirika having Latona would also be a cute nod to their friendship, as would her having a pegasus (which would reference Tana).

* Saleh could also count, considering his home is on the outskirts of Rausten, but he's better known for offensive magic and doesn't even support L'Arachel, so he'd spark a ton of rage if he showed up with it.

Edited by DefyingFates

Dimitri Claude is pretty much a lock, and I'm thinking Edelgard will take first in female's, at least in the midterms, and then maybe the rabid Blue Lions fans will campaign for people to pile on someone high up in females to screw Edelgard over on purpose, like what people were doing with Camilla. I guess it could be Anna or Eirika, doesn't matter.

Not that it really affects me I guess, since I'll just be doing my standard "one vote for everyone I like" thing mostly. Though Eirika, Anna and Edelgard are in that list.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

If Marth wins, I wonder if they'd give him Aum. That'd be neat.

Personally, with Osian now in the game, my votes are all going to Asbel.

CYL 4 is certainly gonna be interesting. We have only a single GBA Lord left, a Marth fanbase that REALLY wants it, brand new Three Houses protagonists, and people who'll surely vote for Loki, Bruno, and possibly the new fairy Heroes OCs. It's gonna be an odd time. Here's what I'm thinking.

Male Division Top 10:
1. Dimitri
2. Marth
3. Claude
4. Chrom
5. Bruno
6. Robin
7. Sigurd
8. Seliph
9. Felix
10. Sylvain

Dimitri is gonna take the win. He's become unexpectedly huge. After that, Marth fans will not be complacent again, they're gonna VOTE (and I'm gonna toss a couple votes his way, too!)
Claude has a good chance of taking second place, and I feel his voice actor will try to push him, but he's gonna be the victim of too many male Three House character vote splits. Chrom will continue to not quite reach that Top 3, and Bruno and Robin will still have their fans vote but still not quite get there. Sigurd and Seliph will get votes because all the other popular males from the older games have already won, so they're gonna get a ton of the votes that normally would have gone to Ike, Hector, Roy, Ephraim, Alm, and Eliwood. Plus, the "Sigurd and Seliph don't even have Legendary forms or alts yet!" crowd will be voting them. Felix and Sylvain will take the last two spots because Three Houses recency and general popularity, slipping by Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, and whoever else. Byleth will be the surprise absence. The Reinhardt meme will die.

Female Division Top 10:
1. Edelgard
2. Eirika
3. Awakening Anna
4. Bernadetta
5. Loki
6. Azura
7. Robin
8. Lysithea
9. Byleth
10. Nino

Edelgard will turn out to be more popular than people think and have just as many votes as Dimitri. Eirika is the ONLY GBA Lord left, and her fans are like Marth fans and REALLY want it, and others will simply want to complete the GBA set in the same way the Alm + Celica set and Blazing Blade Trio set was completed. Awakening Anna will continue to be popular because of last year, many will not be satisfied until she's actually in the game. Bernadetta will be the next most popular TH female after Edelgard, but miss the winner's circle. Loki is Loki and people seem to like her for...reasons. Plus Camilla fans will gravitate towards her. Azura and Robin are always popular and will continue to be that way, Lysithea will get a lot of support and Byleth will fare much better than her male counterpoint, Nino will be the other big GBA character in the female Top 10 and knock Tharja to 11th. Lilina will be Top 20, the Louise support will be semi-strong but not near what it was last year, and Marianne, Dorothea, and Petra will be in the Top 25.

@SatsumaFSoysoy, @Fire Emblem Fan: Woo, Eirika love!

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Male Division Top 10:
1. Dimitri
2. Marth
3. Claude
4. Chrom
5. Bruno
6. Robin
7. Sigurd
8. Seliph
9. Felix
10. Sylvain

Female Division Top 10:
1. Edelgard
2. Eirika
3. Awakening Anna
4. Bernadetta
5. Loki
6. Azura
7. Robin
8. Lysithea
9. Byleth
10. Nino

This is roughly what I'm expecting too, though I'd swap Anna out for Plumeria for the same reasons Loki is always so high. While the latter will attract most of Camilla's voters, I still think said voters will be divided between the two and Triandra.

On a brighter note, I'm always happy seeing Nino so high. I know she's mostly there for meme and gameplay reasons, but she's such a cinnamon roll I can't help but be proud of her anyway :3

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eirika is the ONLY GBA Lord left, and her fans are like Marth fans and REALLY want it, and others will simply want to complete the GBA set in the same way the Alm + Celica set and Blazing Blade Trio set was completed.

And I like the sound of this as a marketing campaign 😄 You just need to add wanting to reunite the twins and it's golden~

Edit: @Othin Aum would be interesting, but how would they implement reviving someone with how FEH works? I think the best IS could do is have it grant the Miracle effect to whoever it heals (and I think that would be really interesting), but others would say that's cheating them out of "the real Aum" 😕

Edited by DefyingFates

I think a lot of people are underrating Female Byleth. She ALWAYS places high in popularity polls, sometimes even beating Edelgard herself. I have a feeling she’s going to win 🙃

That said, I will be voting Eirika because she deserves it! 

Not going to discuss the males because they’re obvious. Poor Marth, though 😞 always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

8 hours ago, Thane said:

Edelgard is rather controversial, so perhaps this is an overestimation, but she's still a lord of the most recent game and she has plenty of fans.

Controversy means nothing if you cannot downvote, and the CYL format does not have a downvote system.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Then again there were also people voting against Camilla purely because they didn't want another Camilla alt. I've heard it said that Veronica won that way. 

If you wanted to push Camilla out of second place after the midterm results, you'd have voted for Eirika, who was in third place and would have had an easier time getting into second place, and not Veronica, who was in fifth place.

Veronica won because players saw that she actually had a chance at winning due to her relatively high placement and rallied behind her, not rallied against Camilla.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Edit: @Othin Aum would be interesting, but how would they implement reviving someone with how FEH works? I think the best IS could do is have it grant the Miracle effect to whoever it heals (and I think that would be really interesting), but others would say that's cheating them out of "the real Aum" 😕

I think they could make a Miracle status work. Could tie it to either the weapon, assist, or special skill, depending.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Controversy means nothing if you cannot downvote, and the CYL format does not have a downvote system.

Yeah, which is one of the reasons why I think she might win. The reason why I brought up controversy is both because there might be many people who don't want to vote for her, obviously, or will rally against her after the midterm results.

1 minute ago, SockPuppet said:

I think a lot of people are underrating Female Byleth. She ALWAYS places high in popularity polls, sometimes even beating Edelgard herself. I have a feeling she’s going to win

I said it before, but if F!Byleth wins I think it'll be mostly due to her looks. I like Byleth but they aren't nearly complex enough to win on their characterisation's merit. I know this is just a popularity contest, but still 😕 In any case, as @Othin said, the 3H players are going to be split among all its cast, so hopefully "the Byleth effect" is drowned out by people choosing to vote for their other favourites instead.

4 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

That said, I will be voting Eirika because she deserves it! ❤️

Not going to discuss the males because they’re obvious. Poor Marth, though 😞 always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

I think he has a good shot actually, especially with how close he was last year.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Veronica won because players saw that she actually had a chance at winning due to her relatively high placement and rallied behind her, not rallied against Camilla.

I only have my impressions of the subreddit to go off of, but I suspect Veronica's victory came from a mix of both intentions, not just one or the other. Also, let's not forget that Eirika got her SM!alt right in the middle of CYL, which made her public enemy number one as far as voting went and was why she wasn't the one people rallied behind.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think they could make a Miracle status work. Could tie it to either the weapon, assist, or special skill, depending.

It'd have to be the weapon, considering Aum itself is the revival staff. Though having said that I could see Marth having a Prf Skill that granted Miracle instead, if he comes first. Good call!

Whoever comes out on top here, I'm gonna be fairly disappointed not because I don't like three houses or anything just that a CYL with only one game being represented is a just a little underwhelming.

4 hours ago, Stroud said:

I have yet to see how well Plumeria will do. I think she might also get pretty high.

Oh yeah. New OC's popularity has been surprisingly strong before, and Plumeria already has both people's sympathy and a bunch of memes. I mean, her fate is kind of messed up so if I didn't have to support my low tier favorites (Brave Cynthia 2035!) I'd consider throwing her a sympathy vote.

Nealuchi will win all categories

I'll definitely vote for Eirika, because she is my favourite lord of the games I've played. (7, 8, 10.) Just for fun, I might vote for Plumeria. It'd be kind of funny to see an undevellopped bad guys win CYL. It'd probably mess up book 4 in some way also.

Undecided about the men, because if I vote for my favourites, I'd waste my vote. I'll probably vote for Lyon and Rolf, although neither will have a chance unless everyone else gets Thanos snapped.