Choose Your Legends: Round 4 predictions

Thane

8 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Honestly, I don't see any of these three breaking even the top 20.

I wouldn't be so sure. 

cbf.jpg

This is CYL2. We had only seen Laevatein in a trailer and in, what, one chapter in the main story? Notice that Loki also reached sixth place. 

Hm...maybe I should update the OP with the results from the previous Choose Your Legends results.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Veronica, Bruno, and Loki had been in the story for some time before they got into the top 10

Don't you mean not being in the story past Book I for Bruno?

Loki broke into the top 10 in CYL2, at which point she didn't have nearly as much presence as she does now. She actually did slightly worse in CYL3, despite all the screen time she gained since CYL2.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

though having a CYL Dancer would be amazing. gimme gimme.

Yeah, when I thought about voting Plumeria and seeing that @Ice Dragon might be going for Triandra, I changed my mind to go for Plumeria first and then back whichever Dancer/Singer has the most chance after the midterms.

I imagine the most popular Dancers/Singers would be Azura and the dökkálfars, and they are already pretty fucking busted especially pun-fully so for Plumeria, so I think their Brave versions have to be even more powerful.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Othin said:

And I'm getting curious about what they'd do with Plumeria as a brave hero.

Obvious, use her b/c OC no "rules"/established lore to guide/restrain their weapon options to give her the hardest/leftover Color to represent.

However, I'm sure that there is no shortage of possibilities for the 3H lords weapon-wise. I don't know 3H lore, so IDK what might work for EDCs' weapons. 

PLEASE have TMS on CYL this time, Encore releases in a few days!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Keep in mind that when CYL2 was a thing, we weren't 100% sure if we were even going to get any of the (then) enemy-only units. We didn't get either Veronica or Bruno after book 1 had ended, so there could've been a layer of "we don't know if IS will give them to us, so if we vote them high enough maybe they'll realize we want them/have to give them to us" mentality behind it.

Now that we know (most) OCs who are not Veronica and Bruno will be available for summoning there might be less of a sense of urgency behind it. Although I guess it still doesn't stop people from voting newer, shinier OCs high. Just maybe the sense of "this character may never be playable for us" isn't there anymore.

Edited by Sunwoo

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Don't you mean not being in the story past Book I for Bruno?

Loki broke into the top 10 in CYL2, at which point she didn't have nearly as much presence as she does now. She actually did slightly worse in CYL3, despite all the screen time she gained since CYL2.

by this logic Bruno should place in the top 6 again and maybe actually take the 2. place. Bruno's appreance as an Alt was very underwhelming for Fans (its a bad unit seriously) and Veronica Fans want her big Brother by her side. (Lif is out of the question because of reasons)

The fact that farfetched heroes didnt happen might push Bruno. I for myself will give all my votes again to Bruno until his regular Version actually apears in the game.
But yeah this time its different because 3 Houses is a pretty wildcard in the male department with Dimitri Claude and Felix. It really all depends also what kind of banners we get until CYL votes open up.

As for the female part i think Loki will fall down in popularity and her votes will shift towards her Sister Thor.

I dont know this CYL is a total wildcard and pretty unpredictable.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Keep in mind that when CYL2 was a thing, we weren't 100% sure if we were even going to get any of the (then) enemy-only units. We didn't get either Veronica or Bruno after book 1 had ended, so there could've been a layer of "we don't know if IS will give them to us, so if we vote them high enough maybe they'll realize we want them/have to give them to us" mentality behind it.

Now that we know (most) OCs who are not Veronica and Bruno will be available for summoning there might be less of a sense of urgency behind it. Although I guess it still doesn't stop people from voting newer, shinier OCs high. Just maybe the sense of "this character may never be playable for us" isn't there anymore.

Yeah, the fact that OC's are going to be summonable eventually hasn't really encouraged any less voting.

Despite it being obvious Lif and Thrasir would be playable eventually, they still ranked high, enough for Lif to be eligible for Farfetched Heroes if they end up doing that.

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

by this logic Bruno should place in the top 6 again and maybe actually take the 2. place. Bruno's appreance as an Alt was very underwhelming for Fans (its a bad unit seriously) and Veronica Fans want her big Brother by her side. (Lif is out of the question because of reasons)

Oh no, one of your favorites got to be bad once while one of mine (Leo) only got to be bad and/or underwhelming three times. 

Yeah, I kinda don't wanna hear that excuse.

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

to be honest, if i were to vote for Plumeria and Triandra, it wouldn't because they were enemy OCs or shiny OCs or whatever

It is because 
1: they fly
2: they dance
3: they already have busted dance skills whihc would work perfectly in my flier emblem teams. 

now if you remove the fact that they were dancers - the fact they are fairies/elves is still intriguing enough for me, but maybe not so much. but i'd one for collection simply because i love fairies. it's 1 through 3 that sells it for me. 

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, when I thought about voting Plumeria and seeing that @Ice Dragon might be going for Triandra, I changed my mind to go for Plumeria first and then back whichever Dancer/Singer has the most chance after the midterms.

I imagine the most popular Dancers/Singers would be Azura and the dökkálfars, and they are already pretty fucking busted especially pun-fully so for Plumeria, so I think their Brave versions have to be even more powerful.

honestly though as long as they are mythics. that's busted enough for me. 

Top 2 male: Dimitri and Claude

Top 2 female: Edelgard and Anna

But we'll see, you never know who can win these sometimes. I'm planning on putting in votes for Edward, Edelgard, Dimitri, Felix, Hilda, and we'll see who else.

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh no, one of your favorites got to be bad once while one of mine (Leo) only got to be bad and/or underwhelming three times. 

I dont know where i made an excuse, I just stated why Bruno might place high again. But if you want to enter Kindergardenmode with rose tinted glasses and argue about a character i didnt even mention in my post (Leo) i can do that queeny.

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont know where i made an excuse, I just stated why Bruno might place high again. But if you want to enter Kindergardenmode with rose tinted glasses and argue about a character i didnt even mention in my post (Leo) i can do that queeny.

Yeah, I'm not interested in doing that or even continuing this back-and-forth past this post at all for that matter. 

I only brought Leo up because you complained about bunny Bruno being bad while one of my favorites (Leo in this case) has never been good despite having three versions yet I don't feel the need to complain about that. My point in bringing that up was to show that Bruno isn't exactly alone in getting shafted.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I'm not interested in doing that or even continuing this back-and-forth past this post at all for that matter. 

I only brought Leo up because you complained about bunny Bruno being bad while one of my favorites (Leo in this case) has never been good despite having three versions yet I don't feel the need to complain about that. My point in bringing that up was to show that Bruno isn't exactly alone in getting shafted.

In what way did that moot point (because i never stated that other chars arent suffering from the same fate) enrich the Discussion or show any different point of view to my speculation, beside the fact of revealing your personal behaviour and affection?

I agree with you, its meaningless to pursue this discussion any longer

Hopefully gauntlets are in by the time Byleth wins, whether that be this instalment or in future ones. One Kung Fu Byleth in the hideously garish Transcendant One outfit please.

Don't think there's much need for debate about 3H sweeping the top spots due to recency and popularity. If Celica and later Alm could do it(though he was kind of a pity vote to go with Celica) with Echoes not even being that popular of a game, 3H characters definitely will. Dimitri and Edelgard have easy first place, and Claude's an easy 2nd unless Marth fans really get it together this time after being burned last year with complacency. I'm guessing Sothis for second on the female side. Otherwise Dorothea is popular enough to have a chance, with Eirika the only older one I think might get rallied for if her fans pull it together like Marth's need to.

Edit: I forgot all about the Byleths since they have zero personality so of course I forget them. They have a high chance for second place on either side too, especially female since her design seems really popular.

Personally, I'll probably vote for Loki or Cordelia. Too bad they might not even make top 10 again with the influx of 3H girls. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lysithea, Dorothea and Bernie all in the top 10. Not a 3H fan so I'm not planning on voting for any of those. I'm surprised by the high expectations of Plumeria, though I guess she could make top 10 too. Her lewd dream thing is fun but I find Triandra's design nicer out of the fairies. If I do vote for an OC it'll be Loki, though. Here's to hoping for the day I can make a full team of her.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

As much as I sympathize with Leo fans for IS never making him a good unit, you're complaining about your favorite character getting done dirty with THREE versions while Bruno fans have just one version and not even his OG form.

Knowing me, I will vote for characters I love who aren't in the game yet, and after midterm resultsI will switch to an interesting (for me) pick who is really close to making it, such as Anna, Reinhardt, Bruno, Bernadetta or one of the Fairies. This assuming that 3H lords dominate the top 4 spots like I'm predicting. If that doesn't happen and because of some unholy reason Edelgard is in third place I will switch to full support for her.

Once an Eagle, always an Eagle. Crimson Flower = canon route

And can I say that the people who are saying ex-Camilla voters will just go for Loki and Plumeria are grossly overestimating how many people on team Camilla were members of the "Horny on Main" team? Don't get me wrong I am aware that a portion of her voters simply saw tits and voted for tits, and that was their only reason. But I would like to remind you that characters such as Tharja and Loki did extremely well too, which leads me to believe that the horny squad simply voted for many sexy characters and not just Camilla.

Which means that a large portion of Camilla voters in CYL 3 voted her for a variety of other reasons other than tits, and as such they will not simply gravitate towards the nearest breasts they see.

For example, a part of her voters were certainly memers. Professional memers. Camilla getting alt after alt was becoming a very big meme at the time. Those people will probably vote for either Marth, who also has a bit of a meme about never winning anything, Plumeria who is the biggest new meme, or a meme pick from 3H which could be Gatekeeper-kun if he is votable, or if he isn't someone like Seteth, Flayn and Ferdinand who all have big memes arounf them.

Another portion of votes were from people who just wanted to piss everyone off. I think they were a smaller group than most people think, but they were there and they will probably go for someone else they think will piss everyone off. Like Surtr. Or Azura because many think Legendary Azura is the biggest cancer ever, and a Brave Azura would probably be even more broken and piss people off.

But a great majority of the votes were from people who (warning: big revelation incoming) are legitimate Camilla fans who genuinely like Camilla for who she is. Because Camilla is just the best and no one else even compares in their minds. This can be for a variety of reasons.

People who think Camilla's purple hair is just the best (like me) might switch to Bernie, the new purple haired waifu that everyone loves.

People who love the big sister trope and want to be spoiled rotten by their onee-sama might switch to Mercedes, or even Rhea. There is a scene in which Byleth is literally sleeping on Rhea's legs. If that isn't the most Camilla thing to happen in the entire game I don't know what is.

People who enjoy characters that obsess over the avatar will switch to Tharja. Because who else would they pick?

People who enjoy impratical fetishy outfits will vote... I don't know. Charlotte? F!Byleth? Sothis? Thrasir?

People who love tall, imposing women who are strong as sh*t will switch to... I don't know. Catherine? Vaida?

People who just love female wyvern riders I won't even try to guess, because that are a lot of options. Jill? Cherce? Altena?

And people who love Camilla for her character, her backstory, just love Nohr in general and above all else her biggest fans... probably will vote for someone who is very close to Camilla. Because the next best thing to do when they can't vote for her is to vote for the people she loves. So her retainers, the Nohr Royals and Corrin, absolutely Corrin.

So the people who are afraid that the incredible number of Camilla votes will go all to another character that might be even worse in their eyes than Camilla can relax. All those votes will probably spread evenly across a large amount of characters.

Male winners will likely be Dimitri and Claude (as they should be). Marth is the perennial dark house, but I predict he'll lose again. Bruno and Lif are more likely to disrupt things than Marth, frankly.

Female winners will likely be Edelgard and Female Byleth, though this one is much harder to predict with Tharja, Bernadetta, Lysithea, and Dorothea as potential disrupters.

As for my votes:

Votes 1-4 will be my "frontrunner votes." Claude, Male Robin, Edelgard, and Bernadetta.

Votes 5-7 will be my "add me to the game already" votes. Nasir, Bastian, and Zihark.

Edited by Etheus

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And can I say that the people who are saying ex-Camilla voters will just go for Loki and Plumeria are grossly overestimating how many people on team Camilla were members of the "Horny on Main" team? Don't get me wrong I am aware that a portion of her voters simply saw tits and voted for tits, and that was their only reason. But I would like to remind you that characters such as Tharja and Loki did extremely well too, which leads me to believe that the horny squad simply voted for many sexy characters and not just Camilla.

Loki's actual character is underrated. Aside from the sexy look she's been a fun on-off antagonist in the Feh story too. Her playful teasing attitude usually lights up whatever chapter/paralogue she's in and makes her entertaining. It's a shame she and anybody with an overtly sexy design gets categorized just for that. (not that I disagree on plenty of people probably voted for tits, though nothing wrong with that either)

on the topic of Camilla. I really gotta ask, what's so wrong about voting for a character simply because you find them hot? Like I don't really wanna start anything but voting for tits is just as valid a reason as voting for someone because you personally like them or whatever. Though that's just my take.