The first FE character you have taken a liking to

Stroud

On 1/13/2020 at 1:08 AM, DarthR0xas said:

My first Fire Emblem was Fates, and the character I resonated the most with is Felicia, if you hadn't already gathered that. I've always had a thing for cute, clumsy people, but a few things made me like Felicia more.

Felicia was my first Fire-Emblem love, too. đŸ„°

As average as she could be as a unit,  I found endearing the naïvety and clumsiness of the red maid. Honestly, she is the only reason why I played as male Cornflakes at the very beginning, and also why I tried the Servant Switch Patch to use her along Corrinette. Later, I decided that playing as female Corrin was more important than getting an early Felicia [1], and my crush fade away. Oh!, those wonder years.

[1] Early Jakob is irrelevant for me, for the prick is dead by Chapter 6. Somehow. Always.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, Ertrick36 said:

But the first character I remember that I really took a liking to was Mozu in Fates, because she's an adorable country bumpkin who's always trying her best and, by my reckoning, has no bad supports.

If you have a friend or relative who is a native Spanish speaker or who has lived in a Spanish-speaking country long enough, please, ask them to read you her supports. You will love Mozu twice as much. 😊

The localisation team did an outstanding job with her. She does speak like an actual gal from the countryside, with all the mannerisms, vocabulary, phrases, idiomatic expressions and elisions. Specially the elisions! I have only played Conquest in German and Spanish, but I have also read most of her supports in English, precisely because I was curious about how they had been handled. Yet the Spanish localisation is way more accurate than the other two. Perhaps it is easier to project the already colourful voice of a person from the Spanish countryside, perhaps the European localisation team has more experience with Spanish accents; either way, hers is, by far, the best localisation in the entire game.

Edited by starburst
Clarity.

12 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Sothe and Micaiah, at approximately the exact same time. Micaiah has slowly overtaken Sothe through the years but I still love him too.

But they suck as a pairing. Sorry, not sorry. 😝

For me, it was Robin and Lucina. They just got me when I went through Awakening. Awakening was what got me in the series.

Awakening was my first game in and I took quite a liking to Sumia due to her clumsiness and now like her even more for other reasons.

Jill in Path of Radiance

Jill really nicely illustrated how difficult it can be to do the right thing. Not necessarily because good and evil are hard to define, in her case it's easy as all hell, but because of all the personal sacrifices it would require.
I get the impression fiction loves to simplify these things. Like, the moment you realize your side is the baddies, you just switch. The journey of your hero is merely to come to that realization. As if it were that easy. Especially in a war.
You just switch sides, can't go back to your home, can't go back to your family or your friends. You give up everything. Your whole life. But in the end you got nothing to show for it other then that you can say "I did the right thing" as if anyone cared. I mean, who do you think you are? You switching sides does not suddenly change the course of a war or have otherwise some sort of significant impact. Jill is not some big shot hero. Her actions won't affect the war or even just the fate of her own home. They only determine her own fate and her own peace of mind.

It's a journey that really resonated with me, especially at the time. I want to be a good person. One who works towards a just and kind world. But fact of the matter is, I'm struggling just to take care of my own stuff, let alone having a significant positive impact on the world around me.
As a kid the adults around you try to sanitize the world visible to you. But sooner or later you have to face reality. There is so much injustice in the world and so much pointless cruelty. And once you see it, how do you cope with that reality? Your own powerlessness towards the world at large? The seemingly hopelessness of your desire to strive towards a better world? How do you grow to accept your limitations without escaping into nihilism? To keep the strength to still make the right decision when the time arises?

Edited by BrightBow

For me it has to be Minerva, she is Incredible useful, one of the best units in Shadow Dragon and is just all around a badass. Her design is one of the best in the series and has a strong character to boot. Also she has red hair and that automatically makes them a top tier character in my book.

So mine is a funny story, because it's Roy, but not for the reason most would expect - at least, probably, because I can't remember exactly why half-baked Red Marth was my favorite Melee character as a kid. I still make a point of keeping up in practice with him in every Smash he's in, actually, and he's been my Team Lead in Heroes since day 1, currently at +10 and 9 Dragonflower uses. I even still play him in Melee, trash though he is.
If you want to get into characters I first interacted with in actual Fire Emblem games, I like to talk about liking Cordy a lot, but I think it was actually Lissa I was first like 'hey, she's alright' about - she's such a real little sister character, I could totally see her getting along with my own little sister and the both of them pulling pranks on me and Chrom, plus she ended up being really fun in Warriors and then it turned out she was voiced by Fuuko so that was a huge double plus.

While definitely not the first character I took a liking to in the general sense, Morgan (obviously) is definitely the one that I first felt genuinely attached to. A part of it is definitely the whole "your child" thing, but then again I didn't really care about Kana, so it can't be too big of a factor. She (although from what I've read I'd also love M!Morgan) just resonated with me as the sort of lovable yet tricksy kid I'd like to have IRL. Her determination to surpass you also really fit just how much of a powerhouse she can (very quickly) become in-game, which certainly didn't hurt her standing in the least.

My first Fire Emblem game was Awakening. I remember thinking that Lissa was pretty cute, and I ended up accidentally marrying her before I knew how the support system worked. At some point though, I came across Cordelia, and I pretty much fell in love with her voice and design. It was the red hair that grabbed my attention at first. I ended up immediately starting a new save file just to romance her.

Despite being a pretty bland character overall, I really liked Mia when I first played Path of Radiance. At the time, her hair color was enough to make me go "oh yeah shes cool" and shes just unjustifiably been my fav character ever since

Aesthetically, it was Eliwood - the entire reason why I picked up FE as a game was because I thought he was cute.

Once I played the game, Rath stole my heart.  He's mounted, gets rid of pesky melee units safely, and has good stats.  His last scene in Araphen was great, and my past self thought he was cute, too.

I got into FE through Smash. As soon as I saw Marth in Brawl's Subspace Emissary, I did my research on him, found out his backstory, and formed an attachment to him pretty much immediately.

In terms of characters in an actual FE game...I'm gonna have to go with Chrom. Awakening was my first FE, and Chrom, being the main lord, was just so prominent and ticked all the right boxes. I liked his design, I liked his character, his voice was amazing (bless Matt Mercer), so I ended up S-supporting him. Him, alongside Robin and their two kids, just tore through the maps, and it was beautiful.

Marth would be my first favourite because he was my favourite Smash character to use even before I played a single FE game. 

But in reality, I'd say Lyn. FE7 was my first FE game and she has a great introduction. 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Then again, who doesnt love Haar?

It's Haar d to understand why anyone would dislike him. Due to his performance in RD, Haar is now a verb- 

I absolutely Haar'd that test! one hundred and twenty nine out of one hundred and thirty!

I am going to be excommunicated one day for my Haar puns

Back to the topic, for me it was either Franz, Amelia or Rolf. 

I got into fe because our family tradition is to play Zelda as a family once or twice a week. After we finished BotW, (And both DLCs,) we had nothing left to play and my sister was graduating the next year. Since BotW 2 won't be out for a few years probably, we had to look for a new franchise. Somewhere while I was searching, I downloaded FEH because google kept telling me to download it, so I said, "All right, I'll give it a shot!" I quickly fell in  love with how deep each character was and the gameplay as well! 

Edited by Benice

I already gave my answer, but now that I think about it, my actual first love was Cherche. And I like her even though I have barely ever used her.

I had completed Conquest multiple times before I first tried Awakening, which I have never completed nor have I planned my camping around Cherche. I simply liked her design when I first saw it. I still do.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:25 AM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

No need to be sorry, I agree. I like them as characters and as siblings. Not as a couple.

Oh! Haar was also super great. Then again, who doesnt love Haar?

Me !

Obviously a joke. 

Hum.. My first Fire Emblem was FE7 when I was child, so it's probably Lyn. I saw her like a big sister when I play the game and it's strange, now she is just a kid compared to me. Thereafter the character that I prefer play in that game is Raven tho.

But my first "crush" is L'Arachel. I was in love with her. In 2005 I was 10 years old, and it's my only videogame crush with Rise from persona 4 many years later haha.

I honestly can't remember if I played Awakening or Binding Blade first because I played them so close together, way back in the day.
But regardless it was either Olivia for Awakening, because I found her endearing and cute and enjoyed her character, or Shanna from Binding Blade, because I like fliers, I liked her character from when I played it, and still enjoy using her the most as a unit to this day in FE6.

Dunno which came first, one of those.

Edited by Caster

I played Awakening first but didn't really like anyone all that much (I only ended up really liking Tiki on a replay after having played SD).

A few months before Fates came out I got the 3DS from my sister and noticed that she had some exclusive downloadable content because of the ambassador program and one of those was FE8. I ended up really liking the cast from FE8 and Eirika was the first FE character that I really liked. I still like her a lot but she's not my absolute favorite anymore. 

Edited by Strullemia

• 3 months later...

Frederick since he's actually against taking in Robin. (Even as a complete newbie, it felt really off to me.), Granted, I lost it since he comes around.

The first one that I didn't stop liking soon after was Dorcas since it's an actually somewhat sympathteic depiction of why someone would turn to bandit stuff. (even if most of the generic bandits do not get anything like this.) So he's the first FE7 character that truely intrigued me, granted it doesn't get brought up much outside of supports. (that I didn't get on my playthrough.)