Free Trial for Japanese NSO Subscribers

Anomalocaris

It seems that Japanese Nintendo Switch Online subscribers are getting a free demo of the original Fire Emblem Warriors.

Now, I'm sure everybody in this subforum already has a copy of Warriors and has no use for a Japanese trial version, but... do you think the reason for this promotion might be to bring the game back into the public eye and give people a chance to play it in time for Fire Emblem Warriors 2? We ARE due a Nintendo Direct soon... but perhaps I'm just being optimistic here.

Probably more to go off of than I did with my rather bold prediction last year, but it certainly seems odd to do it now, the game did sell 1 million copies, so it could be seen as worth the effort in making a sequel at least if only to see where it goes. I don't think nintendo is trying to squeeze as much extra sales as possible now, it would just be too late. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:15 AM, Etheus said:

I don't want to get my hopes up, but damnit, I want a sequel so bad.

Me too, brother.

Not just for Fire Emblem's sake either. I've been itchin' for a new Warriors game in general, but the recent ones don't appeal to me.

At the very least I'm hoping for a reveal during the first half of this year, either in a February Direct or at E3 like the first one.

With TMS#FE being ported over to switch and appearing in heroes I've been thinking a lot of how overdue FE Warriors is for some love. I'm hoping you're right about this free trial thing being a promotion for the sequel because I'm craving for a new fe warriors.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:45 PM, Anomalocaris said:

Me too, brother.

Not just for Fire Emblem's sake either. I've been itchin' for a new Warriors game in general, but the recent ones don't appeal to me.

At the very least I'm hoping for a reveal during the first half of this year, either in a February Direct or at E3 like the first one.

I'm excited for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers, but not much else on the upcoming Musuo front. 

So yes, I have an insatiable hunger for a Fire Emblem Warriors 2.

Now it's on sale again, I'm not gonna make any predictions, but it's wierd that it specifically gets mentioned, it seems like they are acknowledging it's existence and I just can't see any reason to put it on sale by itself unless something is planned to make it relevant again. Unless they expect fe encore to bomb in japan and they are trying to get some sales with another fire emblem spinoff. Unfortunately my Japanese is still entry level but it looks like it is going on sale until February 2nd at 11:59. 

Is this game dead or not? 

This isn't even attached to the 1/17 sale.

Edited by thecrimsonflash