Jump to content
BergelomeuSantos

How to get into Tear Ring Saga..

Recommended Posts

Well, hello.

This is something I've been wanting to ask for a long time..Just what do you need to know before getting into this infamous saga? 

The information I have about the two games are so scattered that they feel more like a completely mess than information.

For example, I remember someone saying something like 'The first one is pretty laggy', but that's about it.

If I would make 'specific' questions, those would probably be:

-Are the two games connected? (Story-wise)

-How much it differs from the Fire Emblem series?

..And I guess this is pretty much it. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

 

(And as always, be patient to my english. I'm still learning.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty much just Fire Emblem, even a lot of the characters look pretty much the a same as another, with slight edits, of course. The weapons, the skills, all the same pretty much.

The game isn't all that difficult, aside from some poorly setup battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. No real plot connection I think.
  2. On gameplay, here is a screenshot of mine.:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-10-21-37-43.png

Does this look recognizable?

Mastery is called Weapon Level on the SF section, the same stat for determining what weapons you wield in FEs 1 & 3. 1/2 of a unit's Mag is their Res in this game. No weapon triangle exists.

 

TRS is fairy easy, other than a few tedious maps, far less trickery than T776. There is a lot of hidden stuff you'll miss if you go in blind, but the game should still be no more than a moderate challenge at best.

 

 

SF, since Vincent alone can edit the non-Emblem Wiki pages I think, uses all the old, pre-translation patch names in the TRS section. Hence, it is a bit confusing, particularly because the patch changed a bunch of names to make things more readily recognizable to FE fans. "Gale" becoming "Vantage" is one such change, because they share the same function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. No real plot connection I think.
  2. On gameplay, here is a screenshot of mine.:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-10-21-37-43.png

Does this look recognizable?

Mastery is called Weapon Level on the SF section, the same stat for determining what weapons you wield in FEs 1 & 3. 1/2 of a unit's Mag is their Res in this game. No weapon triangle exists.

 

TRS is fairy easy, other than a few tedious maps, far less trickery than T776. There is a lot of hidden stuff you'll miss if you go in blind, but the game should still be no more than a moderate challenge at best.

 

 

SF, since Vincent alone can edit the non-Emblem Wiki pages I think, uses all the old, pre-translation patch names in the TRS section. Hence, it is a bit confusing, particularly because the patch changed a bunch of names to make things more readily recognizable to FE fans. "Gale" becoming "Vantage" is one such change, because they share the same function.

Good lord, it has skills! That is a surprise, and a good one.

Ah, but how does AS (or weapon weight) works at this game? I mean, if you're equipping an Slim Lance (which has..4 weight?), and the unit has 28 speed, it seems weird to end up with 16 AS (unless I'm missing something or some other weapon is actually equipped).

..And if it's not bothering, there was something about Mastery/Weapon Ranks affecting promotions, right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Ah, but how does AS (or weapon weight) works at this game? I mean, if you're equipping an Slim Lance (which has..4 weight?), and the unit has 28 speed, it seems weird to end up with 16 AS (unless I'm missing something or some other weapon is actually equipped).

That is a zero, not an eight, her Str is 18, her Spd is 20. Speed - Weapon Wt = AS in this game. 20 - 4 = 16 AS.

 

4 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

..And if it's not bothering, there was something about Mastery/Weapon Ranks affecting promotions, right?

That would be Berwick Saga only, which I haven't played yet b/c I'm waiting for the translation to be finished (and I need a new computer).

TRS uses plain old promotion items (four different kinds for different classes) with a level 10 minimum level to promote.

  • A character will have an info page mention if they can promote, what item they need, and what they promote into.
  • The maximum level cap is 40 in this game. 
  • An unpromoted character has a cap of 20, once promoted (barring Sasha to Pegasus Knight), their cap increases to "promotion level + 20". So a promoting at 10 gives a cap of 30, at 20 it's 40, and promoting at say 14 gives a cap of 34.
  • Runan and Holmes have a level cap of 30 unpromoted being the lords of the game.
  • Units that are prepromoted or cannot promote have a default level cap of 30.
  • An Occult manual will increase the level cap of whoever used it by up to 10, not exceeding 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is a zero, not an eight,..

..I feel really dumb about that.

And thanks for letting me know. I believe that was my last question before playing, so now I'll give it a try and see if anything else strikes up (or make a new post because of the new purpose).

Again, thanks for the help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...