Vestaria Saga Chpater 3 and 4

Zihark11

So in both these chapters their are some guarded chests. Chapter 3 had 3 Sentinels guarding it and in chapter 4 their is a dragon guarding a chest. Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to beat those guys or get the chests? im just super curious whats in them. 

You can beat sentinels with Theo's magic easily. If his initial tome doesn't have enough enough charges you can buy more at the shop near the "entrance" of the map.

Against dragon afaik I used a combination of Theo, Dune, Zade, and another one I forgot. You have to one-phase kill it so nobody dies. Actually, if you have anyone that can survive the dragon's retaliation just try and use those.

Spoiler

Golem's chest has an Astral Dagger inside. It''s a 5x attack with 80 durability. Dragon chest has Iron Duke, a spear that gives you +4 def which is extremely useful throughout the game.

The Dragon should only move once you get into it's attacking range. So you have some liberty to set yourself up in an effective manner. Or if worst comes to worst, you could snatch the chest on the same turn you kill the boss, to avoid having to fight it altogether.

Dragons are flying types, so they are vulnerable to anything dealing extra damage to those.

As for the Sentinels, they just don't move ever. So you can wear them down eventually, as long as you can just damage them. You also need to only kill one of them if you steal on the same turn you end the map.

Edited by BrightBow

The sentinel are easy to take down with magic attacks, so either Theo or Merida with one of those magic lady swords you can buy that chapter (although do be warned their melee attacks have nosferatu like healing properties)

Just had to brute force the dragon with troops that could take a hit, but I think the special Old Cornelius bow was kinda designed for this encounter.

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The sentinel are easy to take down with magic attacks, so either Theo or Merida with one of those magic lady swords you can buy that chapter (although do be warned their melee attacks have nosferatu like healing properties)

Just had to brute force the dragon with troops that could take a hit, but I think the special Old Cornelius bow was kinda designed for this encounter.

2 hours ago, That_Axe said:

You can beat sentinels with Theo's magic easily. If his initial tome doesn't have enough enough charges you can buy more at the shop near the "entrance" of the map.

Against dragon afaik I used a combination of Theo, Dune, Zade, and another one I forgot. You have to one-phase kill it so nobody dies. Actually, if you have anyone that can survive the dragon's retaliation just try and use those.

Hide contents

Golem's chest has an Astral Dagger inside. It''s a 5x attack with 80 durability. Dragon chest has Iron Duke, a spear that gives you +4 def which is extremely useful throughout the game.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

The Dragon should only move once you get into it's attacking range. So you have some liberty to set yourself up in an effective manner. Or if worst comes to worst, you could snatch the chest on the same turn you kill the boss, to avoid having to fight it altogether.

Dragons are flying types, so they are vulnerable to anything dealing extra damage to those.

As for the Sentinels, they just don't move ever. So you can wear them down eventually, as long as you can just damage them. You also need to only kill one of them if you steal on the same turn you end the map.

gotcha Thanks guys, sadly i missed the dagger but i can get the dragon chest still.