PoR Maniac Mode transfer

alfredo094

Okay so, I finished the PoR Maniac Mode after patching a JAP translation. I now want to play RD in hard mode on Dolphin. How would I be able to transfer my PoR file into RD, and use a save file so that I can have Hard Mode unlocked?

The way to do that, back in the day, was with a GameCube memory card (with the PoR save file) being put into a Nintendo Wii.  I am guessing, that you will have to interact with the "save file" (or something similar) folder inside of RD, in order to be successful!

To get transfers from a Japanese PoR to work, it has to go to a Japanese RD (and presumably patching it back to english), which would also require you find a Japanese RD save file that has RD hard mode unlocked... Good luck finding a way to pull that off, as it is an absolute pain to do.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

You can do it, it requires a bit of changes in the save file tho. The RD copy has to be USA (or at least I didn't get it to work on a PAL iso)

There's an easy way that involves just editing the very beginning of the file. I don't remember it working for me. (the beginning of the file also doesn't seem to be the same)

For the other way, you need a blank PoR USA save (just start an USA copy, click yes on creating a file, and you should have your file in (dolphin save)/GC/USA/Card A/01-GFEE-FIREEMBLEM8J.gci) and your JAP save. For sake of simplicity, in JAP POR, copy your epilogue save to the first slot (makes things easier).

Then, go to (dolphin save folder,)/GC/JAP/Card A or whatever is your save folder, and open the JAP PoR save file in a hex editor (should be called 01-GFEJ-FIREEMBLEM8J.gci). If you can find an option in the editor to 'Select block', then chose that option, and put these two values as beginning/end:  2040 and 603F. Copy the block. If you can't find the option select block, you'll have to copy from 00002040 to 00006040 (this last line is excluded) manually. After copying that, got to your blank USA file, open it, select the same block and paste.

After that, make sure to replace the old blank USA save file with this one (should be in (Dolphin save folder)/GC/USA/CardA/01-GFEE-FIREEMBLEM8J.gci).

On RD, import a save (in dolphin/tools) with hard mode unlocked (attached, comes from https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/932999-fire-emblem-radiant-dawn/saves ). Open RD nomally, create a new game, and you should be prompted to transfer from PoR. The epilogue file will be kinda weird (japanese characters, probably) but it should work.

If you can't figure it out, you can always send me your PoR save.

Said manipulations can also be done on console (not exactly in the same way, but I mostly did it like this).

radiant dawn - HM unlocked - NM clear data - BEXP view.bin

Edited by mariogamer

• 2 years later...