New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

NGL I never thought this game would get representation in heroes

My guess is that they're trying to make up for the complete lack of marketing the game received on the Wii U. They are going all out this time.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One thing about this really bothers me a lot though. Why are TMS characters allowed in Heroes, but the FE Warriors ones weren't?! Why can't I have Darios and Lianna?!

I'd say their chances are higher now. Same goes for the Cipher OCs.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I love TMS, but where's my boi Touma at? This all girls banner kinda sucks, ngl. I'm happy they're finally in, since it's about time, but Touma and the Navarre dude are probably never gonna get in (unless they do some weird banner some other time rounding off the spinoff characters. Touma and Navarre dude, plus Rowan and Lianna. Darius GHB? Sounds pretty good actually).

Anyways, mostly underwhelming units. Tsubasa looks pretty fresh, but otherwise it's a solid meh from me. I'm still recovering from trying to get Alfonse and Sharena, so don't really have many to spare, but I'll spend a few to try to get her.

This also just makes me wish that TMS was fully English voiced. I enjoy the Japanese voices, but hearing them for the first time in English is just, it's a weird form of catharsis.

I love how Draug's and Virion's first alts are being part of two new units.

Kiria has an effective 23 Mt tome through Mirage Rod's combined effects; 14 Mt + Atk+3 + Atk/Res-6 on foes within 2 spaces. Add another 9 attack from her default Atk/Res Solo 3 and Lull Atk/Res 3.

I figured it would happen eventually with a lance flier Caeda alt, but I didn't figure or know that it would be through Tsubasa. Mirage Feather at its core is Rhomphaia as a lance with effective damage against armor and cavalry used by a lance flier. The differences are that Mirage Feather grants Spd+3 and has a conditional Desperation and Atk/Spd+6 if an ally has acted to unique refined Rhomphaia's HP+3 and Flashing Blade 3. Regular Desperation probably is easier to use and Clair can simply run that along with some similar Atk/Spd boosting A passive while Tsubasa can run Flashing Blade 3 or 4 if she wants to charge specials faster like Clair. The big thing though is that Tsubasa is likely to have an actual attack stat.

The new Session skills are interesting. Not sure how well they will work for players, but I could see them being annoying when used by the AI.

I'm curious if anyone will demote. I don't know much about TMS, but I'm going to guess that the units that would come from TMS would kind of be like beast units where everyone has a personal weapon, so if anyone demotes, then it would be like Reyson or Mordecai demoting. At the same time, if they treat them as unique like the Fallen Heroes, the Farfetched Heroes, or just because, then nobody is demoting.

Edited by Kaden

I never thought they would actually make it in. Call me on the one hand pleasantly surprised, on the other annoyed that this banner is all of playable female characters and none of the male ones. Yashiro and Touma are going to have a hard time getting a banner when they wasted all the pathetically horny whale bait on this one. I guess there is the possibility of them having vocaloid Tiki hold onto that position (assuming she isn't the mythic from this world...) and possibly the NPC Maiko, but things are looking kinda grim for anyone that is a fan of any of the male characters...

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

If anything I'll take this as good news because it means spinoff titles are not off the table in FEH. Warriors could be coming in the future, but TMS #FE is getting the spotlight now because this is an obvious promotion of the Switch re-release, which comes out this Friday.

When Warriors released, all it got was a few special map battles. No characters. But TMS gets characters. Still very unfair imo. I enjoyed FE Warriors, so this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say their chances are higher now. Same goes for the Cipher OCs.

Doubtful. Why didn't they just give us Rowan, Lianna, and Darios when Warriors actually released if they're fine with doing similar with TMS characters?

Also...no Itsuki? That's his name, right? Isn't he, you know, the MAIN CHARACTER? Isn't there also a red-haired guy with a Cain mirage? And yet IS shafted them for, of course, an all female banner. This is dumb, and I don't care about the game.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Not interested in #FE, idols or any of that so probably a skip from me.. Really disappointed that this must be why they cut Hot Springs this year, which I was looking forward to, to replace it with this to go with the Switch port of the game. That makes it effectively a seasonal too.

Even though I like Tharja.. that's not a Tharja to me. Not as a Persona-like familiar to another character. And Tsubasa/Caeda looks pretty busted geez. More powercreep.

Honestly? While I may not too big on this banner, I prefer this over fucking Hot Springs. Reason being that 1. It's actually fucking new characters (bonus points for being characters from a game that previously didn't have any characters in at all), and 2. The Hot Springs banner was also just a really bad idea in general.

So yeah personally I'll take this banner over a second Hot Springs banner with more Fates alts any day of the week

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Skip. I've always had zero interest in TMS and still do. Great for fans of that game. But at least I get to save more orbs.

One thing about this really bothers me a lot though. Why are TMS characters allowed in Heroes, but the FE Warriors ones weren't?! Why can't I have Darios and Lianna?!

I wouldn't mind Warriors getting in (I'm not gunning for them, but I'd rather them than TMS), but I suspect they may be left out because the only characters from that game that aren't already in Heroes are all sword users.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Also...no Itsuki? That's his name, right? Isn't he, you know, the MAIN CHARACTER? And yet IS shafted him for, of course, an all female banner. This is dumb, and I don't care about the game.

He's the freebie.

3 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I mean, I love TMS, but where's my boi Touma at? This all girls banner kinda sucks, ngl. I'm happy they're finally in, since it's about time, but Touma and the Navarre dude are probably never gonna get in (unless they do some weird banner some other time rounding off the spinoff characters. Touma and Navarre dude, plus Rowan and Lianna. Darius GHB? Sounds pretty good actually).

Oh yeah. Kind of sucks they did not introduce him. They could have made him a 3*/4* drop.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Also...no Itsuki? That's his name, right? Isn't he, you know, the MAIN CHARACTER? And yet IS shafted him for, of course, an all female banner. This is dumb, and I don't care about the game.

He is the free unit. Either Grand Hero Battle or Tempest Trials. He is shown at the end of the trailer.

Edited by XRay

Also...no Itsuki? That's his name, right? Isn't he, you know, the MAIN CHARACTER? Isn't there also a red-haired guy with a Cain mirage? And yet IS shafted them for, of course, an all female banner. This is dumb, and I don't care about the game.

Ā 

Edited by Kaden

When Warriors released, all it got was a few special map battles. No characters. But TMS gets characters. Still very unfair imo. I enjoyed FE Warriors, so this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ā 

Doubtful. Why didn't they just give us Rowan, Lianna, and Darios when Warriors actually released if they're fine with doing similar with TMS characters?

2017 Heroes was a different beast than current Heroes so that's why probably.

Pretty sure he's a TT rewardĀ 

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I wouldn't mind Warriors getting in (I'm not gunning for them, but I'd rather them than TMS), but I suspect they may be left out because the only characters from that game that aren't already in Heroes are all sword users.

Wouldn't be the first time a banner's had three characters of the same color. *cough*that six-character FE7 banner*cough*

1 minute ago, Florete said:

He's the freebie.

Freebie how?

EDIT: Oh, right, there is another TT coming up. Well, guess I'm foddering him.

Edited by Anacybele

*obligatory "Boo, not Three Houses!"*

I wasn't interested in TMS on Wii U, and I'm not interested in it on Switch either. I guess TMS is a game that needs it, but this is still one of the most blatant shill jobs I've seen in a while.

Between this and having a pretty good clue who the next Mythic is, I guess I'm going all-in on the Genealogy banner because this one does nothing for me. I'm not angry, just incredibly apathetic.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do we have next month's calendar yet? Usually we have either a Special Heroes Focus or a New Heroes Focus, although sometimes we get both.

No we don't, I mean we can see we're getting Special heroes in the start of the month, cause of the calendar for January 2020. We won't see past the 8th of February till later. I took a look at last February, we had a Legendary banner and a new heroes banner after the Special heroes ended.

Wouldn't be the first time a banner's had three characters of the same color. *cough*that six-character FE7 banner*cough*

I remember, and I'm not saying it's impossible, but that was years ago. For a while now the banner colors have been much more balanced. There's also only three and banners have consistently had four for over a year now. I guess they could throw the mom in, though.

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Honestly? While I may not too big on this banner, I prefer this over fucking Hot Springs. Reason being that 1. It's actually fucking new characters (bonus points for being characters from a game that previously didn't have any characters in at all), and 2. The Hot Springs banner was also just a really bad idea in general.

So yeah personally I'll take this banner over a second Hot Springs banner with more Fates alts any day of the week

Hot Springs was one of my favorite banners from last year and a fun theme. I'd love more Fates alts, since it's been a lot of skipping new units with all these older character banners. Stuff from spinoff games and crossovers, I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That was over two years ago. IntSys probably didn't consider focusing on a spinoff back then because FEH was still in its early days and they preferred focusing on the main games. They also probably would have had to deal with Koei Tecmo for Copyright issues and that was probably a bigger hassle back then.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hot Springs was one of my favorite banners from last year and a fun theme. I'd love more Fates alts, since it's been a lot of skipping new units with all these older character banners. Stuff from spinoff games and crossovers, I'll pass.

The Hot Springs banner was a terrible idea and you know it.

Never played TMS, nor I care about itā€™s idol theme, but took them long enough to put them in FEH. I hope I get a chance to get some of them in a legendary/mythic banner. The one with Caeda looks the shit

Amazing banner in that it brings in a FE (spinoff) game that previously wasn't represented at all in FEH! Was expecting a banner to be full of Duo units but this is more than acceptable.

DIO is now a Stand.

It's an easy skip banner though unless you like the characters and/or want the fodder:
-All banner units are available in the regular pool once the banner ends.
-Meta is pretty much save your orbs and pull for Pair-up Legendary and Mythic Heroes.
-All banner units are of common unit types (lance flier, red tome infantry, colorless bow infantry, axe armor)

Ouch on Itsuki being the TT freebie -- he's yet another red sword infantry unit. Hope he's got some good stuff to make him stand out. I suppose it's fitting to make the main protagonist the freebie to more easily market TMS#FE Encore.

Hard to decide between Kiria or Tsubasa or just pull the red and blue stones in first session. I like Tsubasa and Caeda and Kiria does have Lull Atk/Res which can be amazing on The Reinhardt though not sure how big of a difference it would make compared to Lancebreaker (it's certainly more consistent than Chill Res).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Oh yeah, I also have to agree that even if my interest in TMS is zero, this is better than more hot springs weirdness (...well, unless it had Ike or Frederick or someone like that for whatever reason lol).

Sucks they got rid of hot springs for Idol Unnirs but Colorless Unnie has Atk/Spd Push 4 so we going Colorless~ She will be a welcome pitybreaker~ They others are pretty meh~ Hopefully freeĀ Oppar has good Skills~