New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then wouldn't they have had to deal with copyright issues with Atlus for this one too? That wasn't a problem here. Shouldn't be a problem with Koei either.

Oh, they did. Atlus' name is at the end of the trailer. My point is now that time has passed and IntSys has more or less settled with FEH, they have more time to plan their banners and deal with with all the extra paperwork. FE Warriors came at a time when IntSys was still trying to figure out what to do with FEH, it's not the same situation.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the new Session skills will get used much. They seem decent but it's not always going to be viable to have the unit move after 2-3 others to get the most out of. I'd probably stick with the basic stuff even if they were more available.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

The Hot Springs banner was a terrible idea and you know it.

I thought it was great, people can have different opinions bud.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One thing about this really bothers me a lot though. Why are TMS characters allowed in Heroes, but the FE Warriors ones weren't?! Why can't I have Darios and Lianna?!

Because TMS#FE has the Encore coming up soon. 

Well, I was kind of hoping the next banner would be something I could ignore and they definitely made sure I would want to skip the banner. Which is actually fine with me since I can continue to stock up on orbs.

I wonder who is going to be on the TT banner now? I guess any of Caeda, Tharja, Draug, Virion and/or Chrom would work.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh, they did. Atlus' name is at the end of the trailer. My point is now that time has passed and IntSys has more or less settled with FEH, they have more time to plan their banners and deal with with all the extra paperwork. FE Warriors came at a time when IntSys was still trying to figure out what to do with FEH, it's not the same situation.

If this is really the case, then fine. It does sound plausible too. But you can't really prove that. So I'm not really any less disappointed as an FE Warriors fan.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Because TMS#FE has the Encore coming up soon. 

Wow, I didn't know that! 😕

Thanks much, Captain Obvious!

On a more serious note, read what I've been saying. When FE Warriors released, we didn't get Rowan, Lianna, and Darios. I see little excuse for their exclusion now.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, it's people Kiran can relate to! You know, because Kiran's from the real world...and knows what Hollywood is...and stuff...okay, maybe Kiran's version of the real world doesn't have Mirages. (Or something; I never played TMS). But still! 😛

so when's joker getting into heroes

Might skip this, but this does have interesting implications of modern characters existing in a medieval fantasy world getting involved, not to mention the genuine articles possibly meeting their Mirages. 😛

And is this the first time the characters have English VAs?

Why are they all female

I know this game has playable dudes in it

How on earth is the main character reduced to a TT unit

You know what, forget it, I'm skipping this banner anyway. Just give me the orbs so I can use them elsewhere.

Also, no 3-4 star direct injection either. Shame, the other guy (whoever's paired with Cain, right?) would've sufficed if they weren't going to put guys on the banner.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

And is this the first time the characters have English VAs?

Yep, they only have Japanese VAs in the game, which as far as I know stayed the same for Encore.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

They should have removed Mamori. Because that's just dumb.

But Stand Draug man. How can you call Stand Draug dumb?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If this is really the case, then fine. It does sound plausible too. But you can't really prove that. So I'm not really any less disappointed as an FE Warriors fan.

Of course I can't prove it. It's just a possibility. The reason I'm telling you all of this is so that you don't feel too bad about this banner and instead try to look at it from a better angle. You get to save your orbs, and you get the possibility that the FE spinoff you like might get a banner in the future.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are they all female

You know what, forget it, I'm skipping this banner anyway. Just give me the orbs so I can use them elsewhere.

Also, no 3-4 star direct injection either. Shame, the other guy (whoever's paired with Cain, right?) would've sufficed if they weren't going to put guys on the banner.

IS loves shafting the guys, remember... It sucks. I might've been mildly interested in the guy with the Cain mirage, but he isn't even here. Because he's a dude, I'm pretty sure. IS thinks only girls can make a lot of money.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Of course I can't prove it. It's just a possibility. The reason I'm telling you all of this is so that you don't feel too bad about this banner and instead try to look at it from a better angle. You get to save your orbs, and you get the possibility that the FE spinoff you like might get a banner in the future.

Yeah, I suppose this is fair.

Touma drawn by MEKA would’ve been a treat as a demote! 

I will definitely try for Tsubasa. Ellie as a backup? 

OMG... imagine if we get Idol Tiki as a mythic?!?

The developers of Warriors said a FE Warriors 2 was 100% possible, sole long as the first sold well. I’m sure it will come in the future, along with a respective banner.

1 minute ago, Parrhesia said:

So I've got some bad news about Marth.

The thing is, Marth's base form has always been a summonable unit. Marth was a 5-star unit when the game first started. Also, Marth has two other alts that are only summonable (one of which is recent and a powerful new unit type, the other being a legendary unit).

Groom Marth being a TT welfare unit isn't as wonky as Itsuki's currently ONLY and DEFAULT form being the TT while four female characters make it on the banner over him, since Marth's base form is summonable and was even a 5-star.

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Not at all a fan of the all female roster.

That, and this is almost definitely a no-demote banner. Altena better be demoting if that is the case.

Edited by Tybrosion

19 minutes ago, Jave said:

That was over two years ago. IntSys probably didn't consider focusing on a spinoff back then because FEH was still in its early days and they preferred focusing on the main games. They also probably would have had to deal with Koei Tecmo for Copyright issues and that was probably a bigger hassle back then.

Makes sense. I remember they were still playing safe with seasonals even. We all got surprised with spring, but in time, the far fetched expectations for the game have become increasingly thinner. If the first mythic hero: Duma, didn’t destroy it, Altina finally give it the killing shot. 
At this point, Cypher is just a matter of time. Warriors seems a little complicated, as Toei keeps some copyrights, AND there’s no opportunity to promote it as far as I can see. TMS is getting a Switch port, so it’s likely the reason we are getting a banner

EDIT THE PART WHERE I SAID TO SHUT UP ABOUT HOT SPRINGS WAS NOT A SUGGESTION, IDIOT

Edited by Parrhesia

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are they all female

because japanese idols that's why. I mean seriously what else do you expect out of a banner based on game where all the characters are japanese idols? The cute girls are really the only things people care about in a setting like that because Otaku like me are degenerates

The real implication of this banner is that Cipher and Warriors characters are now on the table along with lore characters, if Altina's appearance was anything to by.

Warriors and Heroes came out during the same year. Heroes did not have a super strong position that they would bring in a spin off FE game into it. But now they have the ability to, hence why they bring in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Edited by Parrhesia

7 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Yep, they only have Japanese VAs in the game, which as far as I know stayed the same for Encore

The English VAs have confirmed that they only did the voices for Heroes. Also amusing that Ellie, the half-Japanese girl, is dubbed by a half-Japanese actress

Seeing ALOT of salt on here and Twitter(more on twitter tho). 

Anywho...this is kinda cool. Didn't expect the banner. Also...wow they are REALLY pushing for TMS. I mean...it's a good thing because it's a REALLY good game and y'all should give it a shot......no seriously, I promise it's a fun game! 

EDIT:Also English dubs are great...but I kinda wish TMS got it(even though I know that the biggest reason stopping the game from getting dubbed is the songs :sob:).

Edited by Busterman64