New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If this is really the case, then fine. It does sound plausible too. But you can't really prove that. So I'm not really any less disappointed as an FE Warriors fan.

Wow, I didn't know that! 😕

Thanks much, Captain Obvious!

On a more serious note, read what I've been saying. When FE Warriors released, we didn't get Rowan, Lianna, and Darios. I see little excuse for their exclusion now.

And if you read what everyone else was saying, maybe it'll happen soon now, perhaps this year. But we all know how unpredictable IS is with banners, so it's just a case of "who knows". In any case, Koei and Atlus are not the same company, so just because they settled stuff with one company doesn't mean they can settle stuff with another, whatever the stuff they need to settle is. So there's your (possible) reason for its exclusion right now. For all we know, maybe they'll add Warriors units around its anniversary.

I know you've been often frustrated by banners not having characters you want, but honestly, just be content you have more insurance on getting a new character you actually do want, whoever they are and whenever they come up. Focusing on "this isn't want I wanted" is just gonna make you more frustrated.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, and this is almost definitely a no-demote banner. Altena better be demoting if that is the case.

What's surprising is it appears like they'll go into the normal pool. So while it's special it's not technically a seasonal. Guess it's like the Adrift and Fallen banners then..

I'm in a bit of a pickle. On one hand, I want to save Orbs in case Rinkah or Charlotte gets in, or if characters I like get alts for Valentines. But on the other hand, I want the Caeda and Tharja Mirage alts... 

1 minute ago, Busterman64 said:

Seeing ALOT of salt on here and Twitter(more on twitter tho). 

Anywho...this is kinda cool. Didn't expect the banner. Also...wow they are REALLY pushing for TMS. I mean...it's a good thing because it's a REALLY good game and y'all should give it a shot......no seriously, I promise it's a fun game! 

If they had dubbed it, I would have done so. But they didn't. Not going to shell out 60 bucks for something that doesn't reach my minimum expectations.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, and this is almost definitely a no-demote banner. Altena better be demoting if that is the case.

I want to be an asshole and hope that both this and Heirs of Light have no demotes.

Wow, now there's a plot twist and a half! And they have English voices too! I know TMS is still Japanese only so this will be a delight for everyone.

What baffles me (in a good way) is that these are New, not Seasonal Heroes. Also, are the Performas just cosmetic (like Yune with Brave Micaiah) or are all these characters Duo Units (which defeats the purpose of them being New Heroes)?

Also an odd choice to make the MC a freebie, but I guess it makes more monetary sense than putting a girl in the TT for IS.

The weapons are a neat reference to the characters' existing weapons (e.g. Wing Spear and Tharja's Hex, so I assume Itsuki will have both Renewal and Spectrum Bond). Blade Stance may be annoying to set up, but +9 to all stats is still pretty impressive if you can!

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are they all female

I know this game has playable dudes in it

How on earth is the main character reduced to a TT unit

You know what, forget it, I'm skipping this banner anyway. Just give me the orbs so I can use them elsewhere.

Also, no 3-4 star direct injection either. Shame, the other guy (whoever's paired with Cain, right?) would've sufficed if they weren't going to put guys on the banner.

Itsuki is an incredibly bland character. He's your typical RPG protagonist with almost no personality so the supporting cast can shine around him so him being the freebie makes perfect sense. He's probably the least memorable of the main cast.

Also, something similar happened when FEH crossed over to Dragalia Lost. Marth, Fjorm and Veronica were summonables, while the freebie was Alfonse.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

What baffles me (in a good way) is that these are New, not Seasonal Heroes. Also, are the Performas just cosmetic (like Yune with Brave Micaiah) or are all these characters Duo Units (which defeats the purpose of them being New Heroes)?

Also an odd choice to make the MC a freebie, but I guess it makes more monetary sense than putting a girl in the TT for IS.

They're regular units. Otherwise, they'd have showcased Duo skills if they were Duo units.

Itsuki being the freebie makes sense since the banner and the TT is pretty much a marketing campaign to get TMS#FE Encore to sell.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

If they had dubbed it, I would have done so. But they didn't. Not going to shell out 60 bucks for something that doesn't reach my minimum expectations.

So...is that the only reason? Cause if so...kinda missing out on a lot just for it not being dubbed.

10 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I mean...it's a good thing because it's a REALLY good game and y'all should give it a shot......no seriously, I promise it's a fun game! 

Even if I had the interest, I certainly don't have the money for it currently. That, and any money I did have would go to PMD: Rescue Team DX in March instead.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What's surprising is it appears like they'll go into the normal pool. So while it's special it's not technically a seasonal. Guess it's like the Adrift and Fallen banners then..

Yeah and like Adrift, we're only getting a Paralogue with this one (but we at least still get a new Chain Challenge). So, I imagine this even upsets the people who want to see where Book IV's story is going.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I want to be an asshole and hope that both this and Heirs of Light have no demotes.

That's fine, so long as you promise to go watch the world burn with the Joker.

Edited by Tybrosion

It's nice to see TMS getting repped here, with permanent units even.  I guess they finally figured out how Mirages should work in game, and decided that the characters weren't too out of place.

Also, for those complaining about the differences between the release of Warriors and the release of Encore, keep in mind that TMS has been out for 4 years now, rather than being a completely new spinoff with OC characters no one knows much about.

Was also in the boat of hoping for all Duo heroes, which is probably the only circumstance in which I would have summoned on this banner.

BUT, that's a completely different thing to saying this banner is bad. It's not. I may have no interest in playing TMS or listening to J-Pop, but despite all that, I *like* that they were bold enough to do this. Sure, the unit typing is pretty boring, but the art is visually distinct compared to recent New Heroes banners. And I hope it opens the floodgates for more off-the-wall banners. Look, I'm not blaming the artists of the previous banners as they had precious little to work with given the units were super generic-looking in their source material, but it was getting a little too samey. I hope to never see the armoured crop top over plain shirt look ever again.

That said, I'd like to have seen these TMS units casual outfits included in some fashion but oh well.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Even if I had the interest, I certainly don't have the money for it currently. That, and any money I did had would go to PMD: Rescue Team DX in March instead.

All I want is for people to give it a fair shot. If you genuinely don't have an interest in playing the game, that's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I realized what "Tharja" and "Caeda" remind me of.

Reveal hidden contents

df65a0d2ebcb7cbdfc20e475f404fbc9.jpg

fee5cfbce35c56043207a4ccb6a6283f2f13b46b

FEH has Digimon now.

Digimon had some really horny designs that I never quite picked up on as a kid tbh

2 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

All I want is for people to give it a fair shot. If you genuinely don't have an interest in playing the game, that's fine. 

Hey man you can get me to play almost anything with a cute anime girl slapped on the cover, and I mean almost anything. I'm definitely getting the game when it drops later this week.

Edited by Ottservia

10 minutes ago, Jave said:

Itsuki is an incredibly bland character. He's your typical RPG protagonist with almost no personality so the supporting cast can shine around him so him being the freebie makes perfect sense. He's probably the least memorable of the main cast.

Incidentally, this is the reason I skipped TMS and why I ultimately don't care one bit about this banner...but I would have at least liked a character with some character to be the freebie.

29 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are they all female

I know this game has playable dudes in it

Only 3 fully playable characters, out of 7 total.: 

1. Itsuki- Infantry Sword + Electric magic (and more- the same can be said for everyone).
  2. Touma- "Cavalry" Lance + physical Fire.
  3. Yashiro- Infantry Sword + physical Fire. Would've made a good GHB, since you do fight him. Has sole access to Counter- increases chances of being attacked and negates and counters close-range single target physical attacks for one turn. Counter is pretty strong and loved by his boss version.

56 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

her Tharja performa (that's what it's called)?

Mirage is the term.

59 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I guess I'll be the only one to say this since I'm one of the few who doesn't like TME

You're absolutely wrong on this, it mostly isn't liked, and I can understand why, even if I got over my rage period with this game and enjoyed it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Digimon had some really horny designs that I never quite picked up on as a kid tbh

Lilithmon should have been the duo unit. 👏

These Digimon TMS designs look really weird against regular FE, but I'd be more interested in this banner if they were the unit instead of the TMS original characters being the lead, who I don't know. Kiria is blocking the view of Ladydevimo- I mean, Tharja.

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I realized what "Tharja" and "Caeda" remind me of.

Reveal hidden contents

df65a0d2ebcb7cbdfc20e475f404fbc9.jpg

fee5cfbce35c56043207a4ccb6a6283f2f13b46b

FEH has Digimon now.

12 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

IKR? Played through a lot of Digimon Cyber Sleuth not too long ago and I'm like..."wow" when seeing some of these old digimon...and some new ones like......Sistermon Ciel. I was actually token pretty off guard when I first saw her. :wtf:

12 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Hey man you can get me to play almost anything with a cute anime girl slapped on the cover, and I mean almost anything. I'm definitely getting the game when it drops later this week.

Cool! 😘 👍

Edited by Busterman64

The good news: TMS!

The bad news: The only dude is the freebie.

In other words, I won't feel too bad if this banner flips me off.  If I'd missed one of Touma/Yashiro, I would've been mad.

Also, Maiko/Barry/Tiki banner where?  😛

This was my reaction when I saw the trailer in my feed: "WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!". 

I played TMS but didn't enjoy it that much so I'm just going to skip the banner and if luck allows it get pity broken by Eleonora in the future.

Being impartial and stuff here's how I'd rate them in terms of fodder: Kiria>Eleonora>Tsubasa>Mamori

Lull Atk/Res is too good for mages and a certain tiny handed man specifically so it stands to reason that's the best skill in the banner

Atk/Spd Push 4 is still a great skill and is one of the only offensive options for healers, so there's that. 

Tsubasa only has her new A skill, it is niche but it can put in some work on flier balls or WoM comps in AR-D and 9 Atk/Spd is nothing to scoff at. 

Mamori loses hard because her A skill (while easier to trigger) is inferior to the Stance line of skills and their in-built guard. 

5 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

IKR? Played through a lot of Digimon Cyber Sleuth not too long ago and I'm like..."wow" when seeing some of these old digimon...and some new ones like......Sistermon Ciel. I was actually token pretty off guard when I first saw her. :wtf:

Cool! 😘 👍

You can count me as someone who's super excited for TMS as well.

The banner I feel is good my only complaint would be i dislike the art Mamori got but it's not the worst thing in the world. Hoping for a banner with Touma and Yashiro in the future maybe include TMS Tiki or the Warriors OCs on said banner as well.