New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only 3 fully playable characters, out of 7 total.: 

1. Itsuki- Infantry Sword + Electric magic (and more- the same can be said for everyone).
  2. Touma- "Cavalry" Lance + physical Fire.
  3. Yashiro- Infantry Sword + physical Fire. Would've made a good GHB, since you do fight him. Has sole access to Counter- increases chances of being attacked and negates and counters close-range single target physical attacks for one turn. Counter is pretty strong and loved by his boss version.

Note the other 4 playable characters are on the banner... when all of the playable female characters make it on the banner, and all of the male playable characters don't...

I am either disgusted by the FEH team, or by the FEH fanbase depending on whether they are on or off base with this banner choice.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Also, Maiko/Barry/Tiki banner where?  😛

Here is hoping they manage to bring Touma and Yashiro with them.

Together with the missing Gungnir on Travant FEH has become good at acting like a monkey's paw by giving what I want in ways that seem designed to undermine my excitement.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I never thought they would actually make it in. Call me on the one hand pleasantly surprised, on the other annoyed that this banner is all of playable female characters and none of the male ones. Yashiro and Touma are going to have a hard time getting a banner when they wasted all the pathetically horny whale bait on this one. I guess there is the possibility of them having vocaloid Tiki hold onto that position (assuming she isn't the mythic from this world...) and possibly the NPC Maiko, but things are looking kinda grim for anyone that is a fan of any of the male characters...

Maiko and Barry already confirmed to be playable in the encore's trailer.... and yeah, being a male char fan in FEH sucks. 

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are they all female

I know this game has playable dudes in it

How on earth is the main character reduced to a TT unit

You know what, forget it, I'm skipping this banner anyway. Just give me the orbs so I can use them elsewhere.

Also, no 3-4 star direct injection either. Shame, the other guy (whoever's paired with Cain, right?) would've sufficed if they weren't going to put guys on the banner.

My thoughts exactly, can't be said better

38 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

because japanese idols that's why. I mean seriously what else do you expect out of a banner based on game where all the characters are japanese idols? The cute girls are really the only things people care about in a setting like that because Otaku like me are degenerates

Woah, rude. If no one wants male idols why IDOLiSH7, Ensemble Stars, Uta no prince-Sama exists? I love my degenerate weeb tropes too, just I'm not into girls.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Woah, rude. If no one wants male idols why IDOLiSH7, Ensemble Stars, Uta no prince-Sama exists? I love my degenerate weeb tropes too, just I'm not into girls.

I mean male Idols are great too. I never said they weren't. I'm just saying Atlus are nothing but a bunch of horndogs and Idols are one such way of expressing that

33 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

So...is that the only reason? Cause if so...kinda missing out on a lot just for it not being dubbed.

For a story-heavy game, I consider it essential. I'm not a big fan of listening to Japanese voice acting. Tsubasa's JPN voice alone sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

There's also the fact that the in-battle dialogue is unsubbed so I LITERALLY cannot understand what they're saying.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Maiko and Barry already confirmed to be playable in the encore's trailer.... and yeah, being a male char fan in FEH sucks.

I've convinced myself that all my favorites will never make it into the game.  Sometimes, IS proves me wrong, and then I'm happy.

But this all-girl banner is a mixed blessing for us. . .because I know I would've flipped a table if I missed someone I truly liked on this banner.  At least I have some ideas for Mamori.

Well... shoot, this one legit took me by surprise.

>Eleonora looks fairly basic, not that that's the worst thing in the world. Go fast and you delete your enemies entire follow-up attack. Only issue here would be if she doesn't have the Atk to back up her Spd, which hopefully shouldn't be too big a problem...

>Kiria not only brings a simply massive Atk/Res debuff to the table through her weapon, but also Lull Atk/Res. Oh joy, I'm so looking forward to fighting everyone's Reinhardts.
NOTE THE ABSOLUTE SARCASM IN MY ME.

>Wow, Mamori looks so small...
...anyway, Mirage Axe has a good effect, not sure how great a skill Shield Session will be in the long-run given that you'd not only need an understanding of AI manipulation, but also an understanding of AI action priority when you could get just as good results slapping Distant Counter on her...

>Tsubasa, Tsubasa, Tsubasa... thank you so much for giving us yet another speed-based Lance Flier.
NOTE THE ABSOLUTE ENTITY OF SARCASM I HAVE BECOME.
Anyway, not sure I'm a fan of Blade Session. Not saying the boost is bad, but I'd rather have control over the order I do things than deciding the order based on the skills I have... also not saying Tsubasa's Mirage Feather is bad, because waiting for an ally to act is a fairly small price to pay for an Atk/Spd and Desperation-esque boost on your weapon PLUS Armor/Cav effectiveness and even Spd +3.

And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think TMS#FE Main character dude marks the first Lord-type character to be a Grail unit (not counting seasonal alts or FemRobin since her Male alternative is in the summoning pool).

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I've convinced myself that all my favorites will never make it into the game.  Sometimes, IS proves me wrong, and then I'm happy.

But this all-girl banner is a mixed blessing for us. . .because I know I would've flipped a table if I missed someone I truly liked on this banner.  At least I have some ideas for Mamori.

I'm lucky, like 75% of my favorite characters are female, and my top 5 are for sure female. I'm a gay male, so it's not cause they're not, but normally cause they're kick butt haha. I have hope that Catherine will make it in sooner or later....right? Haha

TMS already has swimsuits for everyone not Tiki and Barry BTW. Summer alts would be easy to create for them, jussssssst to throw this possibility into the furnace come June-July. Not asking for it, only throwing out a possibility, likely remote.

And Touma, Yashiro, Tiki, Barry and Maiko would be feasible-ish, they'd have a ton of freedom for picking Maiko, Tiki, and Barry's skillsets.

Why did they make Kiria Red though? Her main TMS element isn't Dark/Body, it's Ice, which would be Blue in FEH(?). Her second main element is "Force" aka Wind, so Green. And, they could've made Eleonora a Blue Bow, b/c she packs Electrified arrows too.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only 3 fully playable characters, out of 7 total.: 

1. Itsuki- Infantry Sword + Electric magic (and more- the same can be said for everyone).
  2. Touma- "Cavalry" Lance + physical Fire.
  3. Yashiro- Infantry Sword + physical Fire. Would've made a good GHB, since you do fight him. Has sole access to Counter- increases chances of being attacked and negates and counters close-range single target physical attacks for one turn. Counter is pretty strong and loved by his boss version.

Oi, this is an even worse decision. Seven playable characters, three guys and four gals, and they just make a banner with only the women? With the main character as the freebie? Do the other two guys have even a shot at getting in now, unless they're released alongside villains? But are there any villains that would make it an "appealing" banner? If there are only seven playable characters, might as well just make the two guys 3-4 stars and put all of them in, since the devs clearly don't think the dudes will make money.

What a completely aggravating decision.

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oi, this is an even worse decision. Seven playable characters, three guys and four gals, and they just make a banner with only the women? With the main character as the freebie? Do the other two guys have even a shot at getting in now, unless they're released alongside villains? But are there any villains that would make it an "appealing" banner? If there are only seven playable characters, might as well l just make the two guys 3-4 stars and put all of them in, since the devs clearly don't think the dudes will make money.

What a completely aggravating decision.

Make the leftover playable chars 5 now, there is two more playable female in Encore,  Maiko might be implemented as a dancer (her Performa form looks like Nohrzura) and Miku Tiki is  also playable in Encore.But still bad decision. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

Looks like they finally got out of legal limbo after all these years. Shared IPs is a bitch

Interested in what type of Falchion well get after all these years or is it Rapier that he has? We've gotten all kinds of anti armour and dragon skills these past couple of years that affect their usual playstyle so I'm interested in what they'll give him. At least he'll get a prf.

Bad decision that all females. At least try to have the 4 initial characters and maybe plus vocaloid Tiki or something

Sounds like some people will be real mad if this ends up just being a one-off banner to promote the port of the game. I guess it makes sense to prioritize the waifus + lead guy if that were the case.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Do the other two guys have even a shot at getting in now, unless they're released alongside villains? But are there any villains that would make it an "appealing" banner? If there are only seven playable characters, might as well l just make the two guys 3-4 stars and put all of them in, since the devs clearly don't think the dudes will make money.

The villains are all lousy in a bunch of ways- not much screentime or any effort to make them more than one-note. Even if some people would probably love the aesthetics of a centaur-dark pegasus Aversa, or flying bladed head Gangrel.

HOWEVER, there are three other heroes who aren't playable, but still counted among the crew of the 10 TMS heroes.:

Uta-loid Tiki:

Tiki.jpg

Maiko:

Maiko.jpg

Barry:

186?cb=20151203221939

Each does have a three-part side questline, like the non-Itsuki characters. Each gets a trio of passive skills to help the others, and Barry and Tiki participate each in a Duo Art with Mamori. And, in the new Encore edition, Maiko, Barry and Tiki can now participate in Sessions (everyone ganging up on an enemy when hitting their weakness) using Sword, Axe, and Fire Magic respectively. 

Of course, Barry is an even harder sell than Touma and Yashiro.:

Touma-Carnage.jpg

Yashiro-Carnage.jpg

29 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

There's also the fact that the in-battle dialogue is unsubbed so I LITERALLY cannot understand what they're saying.

I mean if you watch enough subbed anime like I have, it isn’t too hard to figure out what they’re saying but I get where you’re coming from. I would like dub too tbh

...So when do I get the all-Carnage Side Unit Banner so I can get Mirage Palla and Mirage Pheros? That's...I think they're the only two characters I know about in #FE I'd be interested in. I guess I'd be down for BlacephalonGharnef too. Really I'm mostly just bugged because this is just more of a slap to Cipher fans because the Banner is scheduled alongside the release of the game, and ain't no way are we getting Cipher released to have the OCs in FEH alongside.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The villains are all lousy in a bunch of ways- not much screentime or any effort to make them more than one-note. Even if some people would probably love the aesthetics of a centaur-dark pegasus Aversa, or flying bladed head Gangrel.

HOWEVER, there are three other heroes who aren't playable, but still counted among the crew of the 10 TMS heroes.:

[snip]

The last thing we need in this game is yet another Young Tiki alt. We don't need another Tiki alt in general, but if we had to get one Adult Tiki is long overdue for one.

38 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

For a story-heavy game, I consider it essential. I'm not a big fan of listening to Japanese voice acting. Tsubasa's JPN voice alone sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Ok, I see what you mean.

While the battle dialogue isn't much, if you don't like listening to JPN voice acting a whole lot...I can understand.  You CAN turn down the voice audio in the settings...but that would just create another issue wouldn't it? 😅

Doesn't help it's an JRPG as well, so...yeah. Still unfortunate, but I see your point though.

(I do wish they dubbed the game though. It was kinda the biggest thing I wanted for the port. 😟)

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The last thing we need in this game is yet another Young Tiki alt. We don't need another Tiki alt in general, but if we had to get one Adult Tiki is long overdue for one.

There's a legit chance that Idol Tiki is this month's Mythic.

Just saying.

Wow I expected Heroes would put these characters last. But I expect this is to promote TMS Encore.

I'll try to free pull for Lull Atk/Res but that's it.

Sessions skills seem very gimmicky but in theme I guess.

Also it's a 4 women banner? Yikes.

Edited by Nym

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

There's a legit chance that Idol Tiki is this month's Mythic.

Just saying.

Nope, that Mythic is now almost certainly [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Lif, as the latest update (4.1.0, not 4.1.1) apparently removed the "enemy only" tag his sword had.

That and to be perfectly honest, young Tiki also being a Mythic would be freaking stupid.

Edited by Tybrosion

Is it bad that I only want Mamori from this banner? Love how her Mirage Axe works so well with Vengeful Fighter, which she comes with. Can work well with L!Tiki and V!Ike, just give her Distant Counter A skill, Def/Res Bond SS, and maybe Armor March C skill and add a 4th member, I'm not sure who I'd use myself.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

ANYWAY, Y'ALL SAID WE WOULD NEVER GET TMS IN HEROES BUT LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW!

i mean it never should've happened, but it only makes sense for them to advertise the game with a feh banner

anyway, it's a win-win condition for everyone: you get your beloved characters, i get my beloved orbs to +10 levin and a new (hopefully good) fodder, isn'it just splendid?

@Alkaid "Sounds like some people will be real mad if this ends up just being a one-off banner to promote the port of the game."

i mean... isn't it already clear as day?

they haven't done this banner earlier in 3 years because they had 0 reason to do it, TMS#FE was a flop, but now is the only right time to advertise the switch port. how? with a FEH banner, of course. not gonna lie, this marketing move is kinda genious, FEH's fanbase is much bigger and MUCH more likely to be interested in this game than your average nintendo fan watching a direct could ever be

Edited by Yexin

giiiirl i am clutching my pearls

not because of the banner, because i dont know TMS and the artstyle and J-Pop stuff gives me PMS (personal preference, but i get why they would release such a banner as promotion and we have a wide demographic so more power to those fans)

but Dull Atk/Res!!!

*still clutching my pearls*

3 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

So they have given spin-off characters for the first time? So when are we going to get Rowan, Lianna, and Darios? Tecmo was a driving force behind 3 Houses.

Hopefully never. Koei got their glory by being the main dev of Three Houses with intsys on the side.