New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

Got stoked when I saw chibi Tsubasa. Watched the trailer aaaaaand...no Touma. I realize that it would have been a blue overlap, but they could have made him the TT reward, put Kiria as Green, make Itsuki summonable and keep Mamori in reserve. Guess I'll do my free pull and be happy with Itsuki, who better be the dancer of this lot.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Got stoked when I saw chibi Tsubasa. Watched the trailer aaaaaand...no Touma. I realize that it would have been a blue overlap, but they could have made him the TT reward, put Kiria as Green, make Itsuki summonable and keep Mamori in reserve. Guess I'll do my free pull and be happy with Itsuki, who better be the dancer of this lot.

Highly doubtful they would make Itsuki a refresher when the others aren't.

Didn't see that coming.

Never played TMS so no attachment here. That being said... Kiria is actually the appealing one for me in this banner. Her weapon and skill set is just fantastic, her animation is cool and her design isn't half bad either (Tharja looks cooler here than she ever did in Awakening.). Would actually like her. The rest I could take or leave. Eleonora looks strong but there are a million other colorless bows and L!Alm exists anyway. Plus she has a lot of value as fodder and I wouldn't fodder my only copy.

Mamori looks strong but again it's just "strong green armor #10000000" along with Tsubasa's "speedy lance flier #100000000000". So I'll probably do one full pull, hope for Kiria and go about my business. Maybe Itsuki will have good fodder, maybe not.

Also, realize this is the beginning of the end in any imaginable competitive mode and get ready for every Reinhardt under the sun to have Lull ATK/RES. Now all we do is wait for the B Duel Cavalry A skill to come out so we can experience him everywhere!

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

@Alkaid "Sounds like some people will be real mad if this ends up just being a one-off banner to promote the port of the game."

i mean... isn't it already clear as day?

they haven't done this banner earlier in 3 years because they had 0 reason to do it, TMS#FE was a flop, but now is the only right time to advertise the switch port. how? with a FEH banner, of course. not gonna lie, this marketing move is kinda genious, FEH's fanbase is much bigger and MUCH more likely to be interested in this game than your average nintendo fan watching a direct could ever be

It's definitely a good marketing idea, that's for sure. I guess the only reason they didn't do a Warriors banner was because it was too early on in Feh's life for them to think a full-on banner for those characters was worth it or something. But yeah, I assume this is a one-off banner, even if it's not impossible they could do something in the future I guess. I think people jumping to how they should get X and Y from the game next and even seasonal alts in the future are getting ahead of themselves. And pretty obvious that the girls are probably the most appealing picks aside from the main guy if they had to narrow it down to 5 total units. I don't think the dissing of female-heavy banners here is reflective of majority sentiment.

Well, didn't think they had it in em, still very much a hard skip, would have gone for utaloid tiki, but not much else, just as disinterested with this as encore made me by doing pretty much everything wrong. Now I'm just curious if this will affect the sales of encore, I'm thinking it will be negligible but who knows, I think the music in the trailer alone lost some people's interest.

Hard skip for me.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the video description has a correction: "The description for "Mirage Longbow" is incorrect in this video. The following is correct: "Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd is greater than foe's Spd, foe cannot counterattack.""

The video says the foe cannot make a follow-up attack instead of cannot counterattack, which makes a lot more sense.

What stood out more to me though is that the correction used "is greater than" rather ">."

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Highly doubtful they would make Itsuki a refresher when the others aren't.

Considering that Itsuki's role is "manager" and supports the rest of the cast, I beg to differ. It would be perfectly fitting to give him a support role such as refresher. 

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Tsubasa has crazy skills!

Not to mention her psychopathic weapon... it's got an interesting condition but if you can get it right 

I feel like galeforce spam is possible 👀

She even comes with hone fliers!

In light of the correction made to Mirage Longbow, I'm probably going to go for Eleonara

Edited by Arcanite

This banner makes me happy. I never player TMS#FE, but I wanted these characters in FEH.

Eleonora was kinda meh until they I learned that her bow's description in the trailer was wrong, and the after reading the real description, I kinda like her now.

Kiria looks to be a powerful infantry mage. Be able to inflict Atk/Res-6 on all foes within two spaces is pretty good! Not to mention that, for her, it's Atk/Res-9 thanks to her Lull skill.

Mamori is the one that interest me the least, because she is a armored unit, but I can say she is pretty defensive! Not only Def/Res+6 and cancels foe's follow-ups, but also her A skill, which I not sure if it's good or not... I would change it to DC or a Bond/Form skill.

Tsubasa looks to be a great unit! The guaranteed desperation effect is so easy to get! In defense, a rally trap can easily be created with her. And her lance and A skill works perfectly together!

Itsuki being a TT unit makes me happy as well. He will probably have Mirage Falchion or Mirage Sword.

I still may skip this banner, but I wouldn't mind to be pity broke by these units. My free summon goes to Blue or Red.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I like to see people complaining about TMS having units in FEH but Warriors doesn't...

Unless you guys want Awakeing and Fates alts (Lissa with an axe, Sakura with a bow or Elise with a tome), all three original characters are infantry sword units. There is Anna, but still... 3 sword unit in a banner would be lovely.

I am not even attached to Warriors OCs... in my opinion, they are even worse than FEH OCs... and I really like FEH OCs.

I mean, Rowan/Lianna are not bad characters to use in Warriors, but there are way better ones  to use. They were useful because their Prf weapon was eff against beast, so you could add a 2nd eff damage (I added dragon eff), and they were able to use staves, but still... I would prefer to use Marth, Lyn or Ryoma instead of Rowan/Lianna.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

And pretty obvious that the girls are probably the most appealing picks aside from the main guy if they had to narrow it down to 5 total units. I don't think the dissing of female-heavy banners here is reflective of majority sentiment.

i honestly don't give a damn about equal gender representation in feh banners: what i do care about, though, is to see characters i like, since, well, that's kind of the whole point of playing feh

also, japanese idols, what was to be expected? yeah there are male idols as well, but come on, when you hear "idol" the first thing you think about is a cute little girl with a fancy dress

anyway, i find it interesting that both in the japanese and the western versions of the trailer, tsubasa introduces herself as 18, while she should be 17 (iirc) in the japanese version of the game: censorship is real in spinoffs as well, it seems

Edited by Yexin

I initially thought it was a random crossover and got worried, but TMS is fine in my book. I won't be pulling though past the free summon, nothing I need here. 

Eh, Reinhardt still pings for 0×2 on any competent tank. We also just got the Distant Guard Sacred Seal, and if you're relying exclusively on visible buffs, you're probably doing something wrong since everything turns those off nowadays.

Nothing too major for me. Will pull for one of each and just let future pitybreakers fill in the rest.

6 minutes ago, Yexin said:

anyway, i find it interesting that both in the japanese and the western versions of the trailer, tsubasa introduces herself as 18, while she should be 17 (iirc) in the japanese version of the game: censorship is real in spinoffs as well, it seems

Noticed this immediately as well. I'm still pissed that they've just been doubling down on their using the censored worldwide release as the base for Encore even for the Japanese version of the release and pretending that people don't care.

Not that it's going to stop me from getting the game for the Switch, but I'm seriously considering taking some money out of my budget to also buy a Wii U and the original release of the game. But that's enough from me about the game's censorship. I already ranted about this enough on the TMS board back when it was revealed.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I did find it rather telling the last girl needed to introduce her as 18. I suppose being an actual adult beats being technically an adult. 

Introducing yourself with your age is not exactly uncommon in Japanese media, so it isn't really out of place.

Wasn't really playing FEH lately, because of the lack of creativity both in terms of character builds, and the events in the game itself, but since Ellie is finally here I'll have to jump back into it! Can't wait for the 17th to actually play the game as well!

4 hours ago, Florete said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the video description has a correction: "The description for "Mirage Longbow" is incorrect in this video. The following is correct: "Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd is greater than foe's Spd, foe cannot counterattack.""

The video says the foe cannot make a follow-up attack instead of cannot counterattack, which makes a lot more sense.

What stood out more to me though is that the correction used "is greater than" rather ">."

Now that makes Eleonora far more appealing! I will put it in the OP. I think I will actually do a pull for her.

Yeah I was confused by Eleanora's weapon too. I was sitting there thinking "what's the point? If you let your high-offence character get doubled on the player phase you've screwed up, and on the enemy phase...  I guess it lets her bait ranged attackers with Bold Fighter/etc., but that seems like quite a narrow niche; most enemies with automatic doubles are melee". Nice to hear it's something actually useful.

Pretty happy with this banner. I like Tsubasa pretty well, and though the game is far from my favourite I'm glad it's getting some representation. Disappointed at the lack of Touma but that's life. I would have assumed he would be easily more popular than Mamori but I guess Japan does like their child characters more than the west does.

As for the gender thing in general, I'm of the opinion that any bias towards female characters present in FEH (and while there is some, the gender ratio between units is still inside 60/40 last I checked, someone else may have updated numbers to prove me wrong) absolutely pales compared to the way the series used to be in the other direction (remember when Binding Blade gave you a starting party of six men and zero women?), and I think people should keep that in mind.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

In the FEH notifications, they correct description says:

"Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, foe cannot counterattack"

"is greater than" is not used in the description... at least for the english one.

Even the Tweet uses the ">" symbol instead of "is greater than".