New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I like to see people complaining about TMS having units in FEH but Warriors doesn't...

Unless you guys want Awakeing and Fates alts (Lissa with an axe, Sakura with a bow or Elise with a tome), all three original characters are infantry sword units. There is Anna, but still... 3 sword unit in a banner would be lovely.

I am not even attached to Warriors OCs... in my opinion, they are even worse than FEH OCs... and I really like FEH OCs.

I mean, Rowan/Lianna are not bad characters to use in Warriors, but there are way better ones  to use. They were useful because their Prf weapon was eff against beast, so you could add a 2nd eff damage (I added dragon eff), and they were able to use staves, but still... I would prefer to use Marth, Lyn or Ryoma instead of Rowan/Lianna.

Yeah, even as someone who played FE Warriors its original characters really have nothing interesting to offer compared to the TMS characters. That, and I was always under the impression that Rowan at least was never particularly well-liked.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I finally am getting over my shock. Man, first that tonal shift between books 3 and 4 and now an entire genre shift? (Medieval fantasy to modern fantasy.) And not even a shift but some sort of weird blend... I mean, sure Kiran described skyscrapers when he first met the Askr royals, but that was literally a world away and not brought up again. And sure Kiran has a gun, but it shoots magically summoned warriors instead of bullets or lasers, so it's still more medieval fantasy than modern fantasy. But these MSFE guys... Why does FEH like to jar us around so much lately? x_x I think FE# is okay in isolation, but trying to make it fit in a world which is in an entirely different genre is messy to me, even if the mirage thing makes sense for book 4's dream/nightmare theme. The ONE thing that MAY make this at least SOMEWHAT fit is if Kiran is actually from the FE# world.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I like to see people complaining about TMS having units in FEH but Warriors doesn't...

Unless you guys want Awakeing and Fates alts (Lissa with an axe, Sakura with a bow or Elise with a tome), all three original characters are infantry sword units. There is Anna, but still... 3 sword unit in a banner would be lovely.

I am not even attached to Warriors OCs... in my opinion, they are even worse than FEH OCs... and I really like FEH OCs.

I mean, Rowan/Lianna are not bad characters to use in Warriors, but there are way better ones  to use. They were useful because their Prf weapon was eff against beast, so you could add a 2nd eff damage (I added dragon eff), and they were able to use staves, but still... I would prefer to use Marth, Lyn or Ryoma instead of Rowan/Lianna.

You know it's stuff like this that makes me wish they went with their original plan of having Rowan using an axe and Lianna using a lance instead of being another pair of generic sword lords. Cuz it really doesn't help their excuse of focusing on only three games just to avoid an over saturation of swords when their own ocs use swords as well.

OK I wake up to see this. I was screaming because it made my week.  I love TMS it was my favorite Wii U game hands down and is in my top 5 of all time.  Anyway I love this, but I wish Yashiro was here because he is my favorite and not seeing him made me sad.  I really hope they do another banner with Yashiro some day.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

The ONE thing that MAY make this at least SOMEWHAT fit is if Kiran is actually from the FE# world

I mean, the FE# world is technically the real world, isn't it? 

As for the actual banner, now that I'm sure it's not just a dream of mine, I do think it is a welcome change to add units from this game as well. Sure, it's as far away from Fire Emblem, as anything with FE in the title can be, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be represented in a fire emblem game, where every other game is represented already (except for warriors, but the only unit I would want from there is the evil guy, whose name I already forgot, because all the original characters were literally just walking swords with no character whatsoever... and yeah, it makes me sad and mad, but that won't make it any less true...). I don't know if I'm happy or not about Itsuki being free. I would've imagined him being a promo gift such as Byleth was, but I guess they don't have big plans with TMS. I wanted to see Yashiro  Tsurugi, I hope he will be added as a Grand Hero Battle unit in the near future, although there is no upcoming new GHB according to the event calendar.

I will pull for Eleonora with all my heart (and orbs, but I don't have too much of that), and hope that I didn't spend all my luck with getting Shannan on my free pull. Also, I hope we will see TMS characters in the next CYL, I remember seeing a few people on reddit last year, who would've liked to vote for them (including myself).

30 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I mean, the FE# world is technically the real world, isn't it? 

It's a world based strongly on our world but isn't actually our world. There are a lot of similarities, but there were some key differences, too (like pop star magic or even just the main music company and its history.) I haven't played FE# but I know at least that much from what bits I've picked up from adverts and the like.

If there are only two TMS characters left, I wonder if they'll be added via seasonals, if there's a good way to do that. That could also be a way to get a non-grail version of Itsuki for those who want that. 

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It's a world based strongly on our world but isn't actually our world. There are a lot of similarities, but there were some key differences, too (like pop star magic or even just the main music company and its history.) I haven't played FE# but I know at least that much from what bits I've picked up from adverts and the like.

"Based strongly" as in literally taking place in Tokyo (and also Shibuya and Harajuku). Eleonora is also 

Spoiler

half-Japanese, half-Scandinavian,

which implies that the whole world is the same (at least in my opinion). I would say the game represents the real world, but in either a contemporary, or low fantasy setting. Harry Potter and Narnia are both set in the real world, and include magic, so I do believe TMS#FE is set in the real world as well.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

If there are only two TMS characters left, I wonder if they'll be added via seasonals, if there's a good way to do that. That could also be a way to get a non-grail version of Itsuki for those who want that. 

Technically, you could argue there are 5 characters left if you include Idol Tiki as well as Maiko and Barry since they have Mirages in Encore.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

*Rewarps in*

TMS has costumes for its seven playables. Some might be readily suited for Seasonals. Here are images taken from an artbook of all of the costumes from the non-Encore version of the game. DO NOT LOOK IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY THE GAME!:

Itsuki:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151230205850

Farthest to the right is Marth!Itsuki, exclusive to the final battle.

Tsubasa:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151230210706latest?cb=20151230211824

Touma:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151230212311latest?cb=20151230212757

Kiria:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151230213345

latest?cb=20151230213556

Eleonora:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151230222622

+ A replacement costume for the left bikini in the International version, same for Tsubasa's blue bikini.

Mamori:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151231004931

Yashiro:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151231005620

• Summer alts for the TMS cast is entirely feasible. Summer alts are a FEH pastime, and all 7 playables and even Maiko have swimwear. Yashiro's might be a tad too short for FEH, and only Japan got the swimsuits, but we're getting VAs in this game and not TMS Encore, so whats another oddity?
  • Halloween- For Touma specifically this works, because he a live-action superhero actor, so if you consider superhero costumes as sufficiently Halloweeny and you better if you accept Maid!Kagero as Halloweeny!, he works. In addition, Yashiro has his Dr. Schrabe costume (farthest to the left in the above image)- a little supervillain attire he wears doing an episode of a show with Touma. 
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the FEH notifications, they correct description says:

"Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, foe cannot counterattack"

"is greater than" is not used in the description... at least for the english one.

Even the Tweet uses the ">" symbol instead of "is greater than".

The YouTube video description. Go to the first post, view the video on YouTube, read the description.

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Yeah I was confused by Eleanora's weapon too. I was sitting there thinking "what's the point? If you let your high-offence character get doubled on the player phase you've screwed up, and on the enemy phase...  I guess it lets her bait ranged attackers with Bold Fighter/etc., but that seems like quite a narrow niche; most enemies with automatic doubles are melee". Nice to hear it's something actually useful.

Pretty happy with this banner. I like Tsubasa pretty well, and though the game is far from my favourite I'm glad it's getting some representation. Disappointed at the lack of Touma but that's life. I would have assumed he would be easily more popular than Mamori but I guess Japan does like their child characters more than the west does.

As for the gender thing in general, I'm of the opinion that any bias towards female characters present in FEH (and while there is some, the gender ratio between units is still inside 60/40 last I checked, someone else may have updated numbers to prove me wrong) absolutely pales compared to the way the series used to be in the other direction (remember when Binding Blade gave you a starting party of six men and zero women?), and I think people should keep that in mind.

a FEH Tuber did a video of every unit/banner released and while we did have more females - almost all of the men had higher BSTS etc. (minus you know Sothis). so i mean yeah. most times there are more girls on banners than males, but despite the griping on GHB/TT units etc  the fact that they have better bsts (you can really play Ken and Barbie with their skills if you happen to  like them). 

the only bummer is, there are no summon tickets 😞 i would probably have gone red and colourless, but with no tickets, it's just a dip. (but the happier news is -Bow chicky comes with Atk/Spd Push). so i don't have to murder Healermilla after all!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

So Eleanora's bow is a Firesweep with a few more conditionals.  Her stats will make or break that weapon.

Right now, the fastest infantry archer in the game is NY Anna, with 40 Spd, then in second place we have Tanya, Summer Gaius, Setsuna, Nina, L!Alm and Igrene, with 37. Alm's Lunar Arc also grants Spd+3, making him reach 40 Spd.

I believe she will have between 38 to 40 Spd, and she will also have a Spd Super Boon.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Right now, the fastest infantry archer in the game is NY Anna, with 40 Spd, then in second place we have Tanya, Summer Gaius, Setsuna, Nina, L!Alm and Igrene, with 37. Alm's Lunar Arc also grants Spd+3, making him reach 40 Spd.

I believe she will have between 38 to 40 Spd, and she will also have a Spd Super Boon.

I'm 90% sure Phantom Speed will work with her bow, so as long as she isn't Setsuna-tier Atk, I think she'll work out.

Just now, eclipse said:

I'm 90% sure Phantom Speed will work with her bow, so as long as she isn't Setsuna-tier Atk, I think she'll work out.

I kinda see her being like Alm: Great Atk, great Spd, low-ish Def and Res.

At least her sweep condition is not "at start of combat", so she doesn't need skills that grants visible Spd (Fury, Life and Death) to make her bow works.

And yeah, I am sure Phantom Spd will work with her bow. The way her bow is described is the same as Wind/Water Sweep, and both skills work with Phantom Spd.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So Eleanora's bow is a Firesweep with a few more conditionals.  Her stats will make or break that weapon.

Yeah, hopefully she is super fast. I will be using her Arena Assault, so I am not too bothered with the conditional requirements since things are usually pretty slow for my score range.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

@Interdimensional Observer

I remember you were one of the few who was excited for TMS characters in FEH, are you excited for this banner or have you outgrown FEH? 

To be honest, I’m starting to outgrown FEH. To be fair, I’m playing less Dragalia Lost as well, as I got two weeks straight without attempting High Dragons nor even bothered with agito since it debuted. It could be due to a combination of work, and Three Houses however

30 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not really much of a concern nowadays...

I still remember being kinda miffed when Celica came out with 33 base speed 😢

The "good ol days".

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I still remember being kinda miffed when Celica came out with 33 base speed 😢

She is a monstrous powerhouse now in player hands.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, even as someone who played FE Warriors its original characters really have nothing interesting to offer compared to the TMS characters. That, and I was always under the impression that Rowan at least was never particularly well-liked.

Yeah. A Warriors banner is unlikely because:

A) Rowan is a living genital wart.

B) It only has 3 notable OCs. 4 if you count Velezark.

C) All 3 OCs are sword wielders with identical movesets.

Maybe if we picked just one OC (Lianna on Sword with a unique version of Martyr as an assist skill), a GHB/TT (Darios), and 3 Warriors-exclusive costume alts (High Prince Ryoma on Sword, Sage Lyssa on Axe with a unique version of Physic, and Sniper Takumi on Bow). 

As for the instant demote, Rowan is who we would likely get, but Navarre's badass swordmaster costume is what I would want.

Awesome to finally see TMS#FE in Heroes. Had to happen eventually.

I assume his English info hasn't been shown yet, so I'm gonna call it right now: Itsuki's English voice will be Yuri Lowenthal. It fits his build and appearance, even without considering his Marth-resembling Carnage Form.