New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Seeing Sharena mention modern conveniences like TV and entertainment agencies makes me feel sorta amused inside, considering she's from a world where the word "skyscraper" is foreign to her time. 😛

Maybe she is a little more familiar with it now that she has been best buddies with Kiran for almost 3 years.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or a story about me sitting in my room on my chair petting my cat. Obviously set in the real world even though I don't own a cat.

You never furiously tapped petted Lethe before in the Catalogue of Heroes?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Units with middling or higher Spd would rather wait for Lull Spd/Res, though.

None of them have really middling or high speed rather low by todays standart. As for Sothis: enough speed want to make her more bulky so she can work in both phases.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Still putting up a list how many of my units need Lull Atk/Res. So far have come up with THE Reinhardt (obviously), Boey, Sothis, Silque, Lilina, Brunnya. I think thats it.

I still planning to give Sothis a Lull Atk/Spd. 
but Lilina Reinhardt would be instant Atk/res. gainers. 

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

None of them have really middling or high speed rather low by todays standart. As for Sothis: enough speed want to make her more bulky so she can work in both phases.

Lilina has 29 Spd fully merged without any Spd-boosting skills, which is right where "middling" is. With just Lull Spd/Res and the Darting Blow Sacred Seal, she hits an effective 38 Spd if neither side is buffed. If you really want to max her out, you can give her Swift Sparrow 3 in her A slot to hit 45 effective Spd before buffs.

So yeah. She's middling Spd.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lilina has 29 Spd fully merged without any Spd-boosting skills, which is right where "middling" is. With just Lull Spd/Res and the Darting Blow Sacred Seal, she hits an effective 38 Spd if neither side is buffed. If you really want to max her out, you can give her Swift Sparrow 3 in her A slot to hit 45 effective Spd before buffs.

So yeah. She's middling Spd.

yeah no my Thrasir sits at 47 SPD pre buffs or any skills and she isnt even the fastest of the bunch. Queen is Ylgr with 50 SPD pre buffs/skills/or weapon effect. so no 29 SPD is very low for today standarts.

Seeing the artwork, it looks really nice, and I think it would have been really awesome if they were all Duo Heroes and Dancers/Singers at the same time.

Huge missed opportunity to create some broken ass shit.

12 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

These look all like wonderful units, I am personally like Kiria and Eleanora as they really are unique. 

What are Itsuki's skills? 

Spoiler

Wpn: Mirage Falchion - Effective against dragon foes. Grants Def+3. If unit initiates combat, grants bonus to unit's Atk/Def during combat = 3 + number of allies who have already acted × 2 (max value of 7). If foe initiates combat, grants bonus to unit's Atk/Def during combat = 7 - number of foes who have already acted × 2 (min value of 3).

Assist: Swap

Special: Sol

Passive B: Atk/Def Link 3 (4 Stars)

Passive 😄 Drive Def 2 (5 Stars )

Yeah, he apparently gets an Assist and a Special by default.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Seeing the artwork, it looks really nice, and I think it would have been really awesome if they were all Duo Heroes and Dancers/Singers at the same time.

Huge missed opportunity to create some broken ass shit.

Putting all of them as Duo Heroes would’ve made them far too broken and given “limited” status. They can always do that for seasonal alts if they want. 

Spoiler

So...Ellie is basically a non-limited version of L!Alm. Nice. 

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

yeah no my Thrasir sits at 47 SPD pre buffs or any skills and she isnt even the fastest of the bunch. Queen is Ylgr with 50 SPD pre buffs/skills/or weapon effect. so no 29 SPD is very low for today standarts.

Yeah, no. You've completely missed the entire point of "middling" Spd.

Middling Spd is the range where Spd investment is still viable on player phase and sits at around 30 Spd before skills and buffs. This can get you around the mid 40's without buffs and around 50 with buffs, which is enough to block a follow-up from a unit with around 50 or more Spd and is possible due to the fact that Spd boosts on enemy phase are still not widespread among fast units.

21 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I know these are FE characters, but I kind of was hoping characters like this would be "seasonal" units...or at least if Heroes ever does a real cross over with something else they will be. I really don't want the 5 star pool crowded with characters that aren't from FE haha. With these I'll give it a pass, since it's kinda FE. But I hope if they cross over with like, Final Fantasy or whatever, they will only be around during the banners they're in.

. . .real cross over.  Because the fact that Fire Emblem characters appeared alongside original characters means TMS wasn't a real FE game.  I mean, FE characters appeared in Project X Zone 2, but we don't have a separate subforum for that here.

Brave Exvius is thataway.

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .real cross over.  Because the fact that Fire Emblem characters appeared alongside original characters means TMS wasn't a real FE game.  I mean, FE characters appeared in Project X Zone 2, but we don't have a separate subforum for that here.

Brave Exvius is thataway.

I didn't mean to say that TMS isn't a real FE game. I think it totally counts as one. I was just saying a lot of mobile games have crossovers, like DL with Heroes and Langrisser with Yu Yu Hakusho. My worry for Heroes, is if that happens, that they'll be part of the normal pull and when I'm trying to go for a red unit, in an already crowded pull, I'll pull a idk, Cloud from FF7. I want the main pulls to remain FE. And while this counts as a FE game, it just makes me worry about the future.

9 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I didn't mean to say that TMS isn't a real FE game. I think it totally counts as one. I was just saying a lot of mobile games have crossovers, like DL with Heroes and Langrisser with Yu Yu Hakusho. My worry for Heroes, is if that happens, that they'll be part of the normal pull and when I'm trying to go for a red unit, in an already crowded pull, I'll pull a idk, Cloud from FF7. I want the main pulls to remain FE. And while this counts as a FE game, it just makes me worry about the future.

Given the sheer number of units NOT introduced, I think it'll be fine.  This probably isn't the last "not exactly the SRPG we grew up with, but still part of the FE series" banner we'll see.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Cipher characters found their way in.

I'll give my actual thoughts when the units drop.  Perhaps they'll surprise me.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

By your definition, every story that isn't 100% factual does not happen in the real world, and that's obviously not what "set in the real world" means.

By your definition, if I told you a story about me going to buy groceries from the store down the street today, then that story cannot be set in the real world because no one who was at the grocery store today could say have said "hi" to me there because I wasn't actually there. But that story is still obviously set in the real world.

Or a story about me sitting in my room on my chair petting my cat. Obviously set in the real world even though I don't own a cat.

@coldhand25

Every world has what is real in that world/reality and what is not real in that world/reality. This is the same as the separation between fact and fiction. Because worlds are made of minute details, the removal of such a detail would, indeed, make a sort of parallel reality. Thus, it would no longer be the same world, even if it is made to look like another world/has a lot in common with another world (i.e., the one in which we live). It just isn't the same place with the same series of events. Because these things are different, it is a different world. In one world, ogres are real, and in another, they aren't. If you went to the grocery store in one world, then in that world, said event is real (or "canon") but didn't in another world, that story would be fiction.

Every world is real within the confines of its world, and every world is fiction to every other world. They exist separately (even if they get a glimpse of each other via books/video games/etc.) and are not the same, elsewise they would have the same histories, and they just don't.

(Please note that I'm just trying to explain my perspective, which I often have trouble expressing in such a way as the listener/reader understands. This is trial and error "can I explain myself well enough that my perspective gets across," not a true debate. In particular, I've enjoyed reading how coldhand25 has been expressing himself, even if I'm frustrated with my inability to do so clearly and succinctly.)

I was surprised that we got the Trailer way sooner than normal, and again I got surprised that we got the stats was sooner than normal as well.

About the datamine (units' stats and TT seals):

Spoiler

Eleonora: Yep, that's what I expected from her. Compared to Alm, she has 2 more HP, same Atk, 1 more Spd, 1 less Def and 2 more Res, with a 166 BST. Her bow grants Spd+3, and she also has Super Boons in Atk and Spd, which is pretty cool. Her bow will not be hard to trigger its effect.

Kiria:Tharja wanna be is pretty strong. She has 41 base Atk, and she even has a super boon. With a Super Boon and her Miracle Rod, she reaches 62 Atk... and with her tome and B skill, she can inflict Res-9 on foe, which is basically Atk+9 (not to mention Atk/Res Solo). Yeesh... She is powerful!

Mamori: Of course we have a new powerful loli. She is strong, and very bulky... that's all I will say about her.

Tsubasa: Kinda expected low Atk on her, because... it's Caeda. She has two boons (Spd and Def), and two banes (HP and Res). A +Spd Tsubasa will reach 47 base Spd (too bad she cannot use Flashing Blade), while a +Def will make her mixed buly, with 30 Def/Res. She is pretty good, and can be very dangerous to deal with.

Itsuki: I will say... pretty strong for a TT unit! 37 Atk is pretty good, making Itsuki reach 53 Atk, and his sword also adds an Atk+3 during combat that is guaranteed to trigger in both turns. His Def is also great! 33 Def, +3 from sword + at least 3 from the Sword's session effect, he ends with 36 Def (39 in combat). He is a bulky unit, that's for sure! His Res is not that bad either, being at 32. It's workable. I will say his Spd in kinda meh, at 30 (he even has a Spd super bane, which thanks Naga he cannot get), but still... Itsuki is a pretty good unit! And he may be a future project for me.

About the TT seals:

Chill Res and Mirror Stance are welcomed aditions. I like both skills. And... Defiant Def? Meh.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was surprised that we got the Trailer way sooner than normal, and again I got surprised that we got the stats was sooner than normal as well.

The trailer probably came out early to get some hype going for Encore's release (which is today). And naturally they had to put the characters' sprites in for today's Tap Battle so why not add their stats too?

Early reveals like this still make me very happy though. I'm pleasantly surprised Itsuki got a decent kit to boot!

Edited by DefyingFates

The statlines follow the generalities of TMS, I see.

Spoiler
  • Itsuki was the epitome of balanced in TMS. Since you could never take him off your active cast, they had to make him flexible. Even if his class changes favored different directions, base Lord leaned slightly on Str over Mag.
  • Tsubasa's TMS statline somewhat favored Mag for Force/Wind magic over Str for Lance attacks, and she was on the faster and more Resistant side of things at the cost of Def. Maybe her Atk in FEH would go up with a Green Tome alt.
  • Kiria expectedly was the best Magically being the only pure Mage in TMS. But, her Spd was low, which didn't matter so much in a traditional JRPG, but FEH isn't that. My 62 Sorcerer Kiria actually has the same Spd as my 60 General Mamori, who would be faster if Draug went Berserker.
  • Eleonora? Yeah, this suits her. Fast and strong, but fragile.
  • Mamori her Res, and I have her as Res-boosting General, is down there as the lowest in TMS. That is the one thing off about her. Her Str even as a General is good, her Def is of course the highest of the crew.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does anyone know where the latest datamine info can be found? I think the TT final map is in it and I eagerly want to see it, since I heard they datamined the final map boss to be...

Reveal hidden contents

Gharnef.

I'm not sure if the final map with the unit placements has been posted anywhere, but I can provide the raw image of what is presumably the final map:

Spoiler

tG3hSDF.png

It's basically a slightly-modified version of Gharnef's GHB map but also with a different aesthetic. 

Oh, and while we're on the topic of the TT, the other three bonus units are:

Spoiler

Chrom not the horse one somewhat surprisingly, Caeda, Virion probably picked just to avoid an all-red TT banner

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Midnox said:
  Hide contents

So, Itsuki is voiced by Klimt and Linhardt instead of Marth... rather weird if you ask me

Spoiler

Personally, I’m happy it’s not Yuri again. Itsuki is his own character!