Jump to content
XRay

New Heroes: A Star Is Born

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. A Warriors banner is unlikely because:

A) Rowan is a living genital wart.

B) It only has 3 notable OCs. 4 if you count Velezark.

C) All 3 OCs are sword wielders with identical movesets.

I don't think C matters. Look what they did with male and female Byleth, and they really are just the same character. they made them different even with having the exact same prf. The Warriors OCs at least had different prf effects (different effective damages if I remember) and they could get the same kind of stat variance and different skills as the Byleths did. 

Real reason a Warriors banner wouldn't happen is we're just long past the time for it by now, and I guess they didn't want to try what they're doing with the TMS one at the time, and settled on those event maps instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I don't think C matters. Look what they did with male and female Byleth, and they really are just the same character. they made them different even with having the exact same prf. The Warriors OCs at least had different prf effects (different effective damages if I remember) and they could get the same kind of stat variance and different skills as the Byleths did. 

Real reason a Warriors banner wouldn't happen is we're just long past the time for it by now, and I guess they didn't want to try what they're doing with the TMS one at the time, and settled on those event maps instead.

One - the Byleths debuted on different banners.

 

Two - Enliron and Facinna are identical swords with the same beast effective bonus.

 

Three - the stat spread variance for Rowan and Lianna is fairly minor and doesn't actually translate to Heroes because magic damage swords don't exist.

 

 

It might actually be more plausible to bring Heroes to Warriors rather than vice versa. Namely, Sharena would make a good stand-alone addition to Warriors, as a unique female lance lord with a friendly personality that fits right into a crossover cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

@Interdimensional Observer

I remember you were one of the few who was excited for TMS characters in FEH, are you excited for this banner or have you outgrown FEH? 

I permanently quit this game back in the Summer of last year. A combination of:

  1. Me finding a game I have to play daily with no end burdensome. I have issues finishing games with ends as is.
  2. My brain refusing to function with FEH, I don't want to think about my movements or enemy stats and skills. Normal FE I do use my brain, but it just won't cooperate with FEH. I want this to be mindless.
  3. Me being a massive rare resource-hoarder means I'd never spend Dew or Coins or 5* Manuals for fear I'd need them later. All my 3H runs so far have ended with me having 150000-300000 unspent Gold, and I can count the number of times I've used Relics on one hand. Thats how bad I am.
  4. The travails of the gatcha mechanic.

FEH just doesn't suit me, no offense to it.

 

Nonetheless, even as non-player who will never return, I believe I still have the right to be very excited by this event and to celebrate it. May it rain prismatic unicorn dung on anyone who thinks otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

One - the Byleths debuted on different banners.

 

Two - Enliron and Facinna are identical swords with the same beast effective bonus.

 

Three - the stat spread variance for Rowan and Lianna is fairly minor and doesn't actually translate to Heroes because magic damage swords don't exist.

 

 

It might actually be more plausible to bring Heroes to Warriors rather than vice versa. Namely, Sharena would make a good stand-alone addition to Warriors, as a unique female lance lord with a friendly personality that fits right into a crossover cast.

They were still released at same time and still both Byleth.

I thought they were different, but even so, the Byleths had the same prf effect as well so it still shouldn't be an issue. And there's no reason they have to adhere strictly to their Warrior stats and effects either. Lord knows they don't stick with how every unit was in their original games. Give their prfs different extra abilities, slightly different statlines and skill sets and boom, not identical. They can easily make them distinct or if they wanted, even if they kept them all as sword units.

I would take another Warriors game with the Feh lords in it for sure, it was a fun game. (what we need most from Warriors in Feh is axe Lissa anyway, a true miracle of the universe that shouldn't be contained to one game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I permanently quit this game back in the Summer of last year. A combination of:

  1. Me finding a game I have to play daily with no end burdensome. I have issues finishing games with ends as is.
  2. My brain refusing to function with FEH, I don't want to think about my movements or enemy stats and skills. Normal FE I do use my brain, but it just won't cooperate with FEH. I want this to be mindless.
  3. Me being a massive rare resource-hoarder means I'd never spend Dew or Coins or 5* Manuals for fear I'd need them later. All my 3H runs so far have ended with me having 150000-300000 unspent Gold, and I can count the number of times I've used Relics on one hand. Thats how bad I am.
  4. The travails of the gatcha mechanic.

FEH just doesn't suit me, no offense to it.

 

Nonetheless, even as non-player who will never return, I believe I still have the right to be very excited by this event and to celebrate it. May it rain prismatic unicorn dung on anyone who thinks otherwise.

I don't blame you. I'm considering quitting myself due to:

 

Aether Raids and Arena Assault being bad modes.

 

No endgame mode of value.

 

Tiresome daily upkeep.

 

Ophelia being an overpowered whore.

 

The gacha mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I permanently quit this game back in the Summer of last year. A combination of:

  1. Me finding a game I have to play daily with no end burdensome. I have issues finishing games with ends as is.
  2. My brain refusing to function with FEH, I don't want to think about my movements or enemy stats and skills. Normal FE I do use my brain, but it just won't cooperate with FEH. I want this to be mindless.
  3. Me being a massive rare resource-hoarder means I'd never spend Dew or Coins or 5* Manuals for fear I'd need them later. All my 3H runs so far have ended with me having 150000-300000 unspent Gold, and I can count the number of times I've used Relics on one hand. Thats how bad I am.
  4. The travails of the gatcha mechanic.

FEH just doesn't suit me, no offense to it.

 

Nonetheless, even as non-player who will never return, I believe I still have the right to be very excited by this event and to celebrate it. May it rain prismatic unicorn dung on anyone who thinks otherwise.

 

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't blame you. I'm considering quitting myself due to:

 

Aether Raids and Arena Assault being bad modes.

 

No endgame mode of value.

 

Tiresome daily upkeep.

 

Ophelia being an overpowered whore.

 

The gacha mechanics.

Tbh, the struggle of keeping my sanity in check while waiting for Jill and Patty for three years has made me consider quitting FEH too. Or at the very least taking a long break until either one of them is added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. A Warriors banner is unlikely because:

A) Rowan is a living genital wart.

B) It only has 3 notable OCs. 4 if you count Velezark.

C) All 3 OCs are sword wielders with identical movesets.

 

I don’t think any of those are of any impediment. Specially C. Just because they are identical in their home game doesn’t mean it’ll carry on in Heroes. Sure, even if the swords of the main characters are identical even in FEH, that doesn’t mean the rest of their abilities will. 
However, I do think Warriors is not likely to be in FEH. The main reason TMS is, is because a port is getting released soon, so makes sense to jump on the wand wagon and promote it. I’m not seeing Warriors getting another port in this same generation of consoles, and by the time is does, FEH may close servers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I don’t think any of those are of any impediment. Specially C. Just because they are identical in their home game doesn’t mean it’ll carry on in Heroes. Sure, even if the swords of the main characters are identical even in FEH, that doesn’t mean the rest of their abilities will. 
However, I do think Warriors is not likely to be in FEH. The main reason TMS is, is because a port is getting released soon, so makes sense to jump on the wand wagon and promote it. I’m not seeing Warriors getting another port in this same generation of consoles, and by the time is does, FEH may close servers 

FEH is profoundly unlikely to close servers anytime soon.

 

Unless gambling laws change substantially, FEH makes all of the money. All of it.

 

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

FEH is profoundly unlikely to close servers anytime soon.

 

Unless gambling laws change substantially, FEH makes all of the money. All of it.

 

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

Yeah I don't see FEH dying anytime soon. It makes IS easy money, money that they probably would use for mainline FE games, so it'd be foolish of them to just end the game unless gambling laws changed drastically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Yeah I don't see FEH dying anytime soon. It makes IS easy money, money that they probably would use for mainline FE games, so it'd be foolish of them to just end the game unless gambling laws changed drastically.

I do try to justify my purchases mentally by saying that I'm funding better mainline games in my favorite franchise. 

 

Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. I don't know how much of that actually gets reinvested in the mainline games. Three Houses came out and was amazing, but whether that is actually indicative of FEH's greedy shenanigans paying dividends... who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Etheus said:

FEH is profoundly unlikely to close servers anytime soon.

 

Unless gambling laws change substantially, FEH makes all of the money. All of it.

 

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

They're actually .pngs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

They're actually .pngs

now this is podracing

 

i'll let it stand

 

EDIT: however, to reiterate, this isn't a thread for bitching about feh's intrinsic mechanics

 

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

FEH is profoundly unlikely to close servers anytime soon.

 

Unless gambling laws change substantially, FEH makes all of the money. All of it.

 

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

Not to mention, they have too many characters and alts to work with. They actually do a great job with OCs but people mainly focus on PvP modes, which encourages people to spend in some cases. Strikes are annoying because you need merges on mythics to get the highest score. 

I'm hoping this anniversary they announce something that will benefit us. Explain what those divine codes are and such. The pool is inflated, and it's disgusting. I have a feeling we won't be getting much though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

FEH is profoundly unlikely to close servers anytime soon.

 

Unless gambling laws change substantially, FEH makes all of the money. All of it.

 

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

I meant that by the time Warriors gets a port, FEH may not be around anymore. I’m stating that as a likely scenario, but without fear of being wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Think of how disgustingly profitable this game is. For the cost of some mostly recycled content and a server, people spend thousands on .jpgs with increasingly overpowered skills.

They generate really high revenue for sure. However, in terms of being disgustingly profitable, I hope they are, but I do not think we can be too certain.

Unless you have first hand experience dealing with the costs and payments for servers, artists, voice actors, etc. to prove otherwise, I am pretty sure those things do not come cheap, especially on a commercial scale.

And for this Focus in particular, there are licensing costs too, and I highly doubt those come cheap.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Awesome to finally see TMS#FE in Heroes. Had to happen eventually.

I assume his English info hasn't been shown yet, so I'm gonna call it right now: Itsuki's English voice will be Yuri Lowenthal. It fits his build and appearance, even without considering his Marth-resembling Carnage Form.

I was going to comment how weird would be to have Yuri Lowental voicing the two characters, but then I remembered Mirage Marth doesn’t exist and he got Chrom instead 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope I have some luck on this banner! 

Wasn't going to spend any orbs... I lied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I was going to comment how weird would be to have Yuri Lowental voicing the two characters, but then I remembered Mirage Marth doesn’t exist and he got Chrom instead 😂 

Ooh, does that mean we should be getting robo-Matt Mercer? That sounds fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm 90% sure Phantom Speed will work with her bow, so as long as she isn't Setsuna-tier Atk, I think she'll work out.

I'm 100% sure Phantom Spd will work with her bow.

That said, unless her base Spd is underwheming, it's probably still more effective to just use Darting Blow instead since enemy-phase Spd boosts are still rare enough that you're unlikely to need the extra 4 points of Spd that Phantom Spd gives over Darting Blow.

 

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

They were still released at same time and still both Byleth.

The biggest difference is that they were implemented on separate banners, which significantly alleviates the issue with them sharing a color. Even if they were on the same banner that wouldn't have been too much of an issue since that can easily be offset by having 2 other units on the banner with different colors, but the issue with Warriors is that it only has 3 original characters and all of them are the same color. You can't really have a banner with all 3 of them because they'd all share a color, and there are no other units that can take a spot on the banner if you try to move a character off of it.

 

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

They're actually .pngs

Dammit, I was going to say that. It's not even possible for them to be .jpgs because .jpgs have intrinsic issues with transparency.

 

42 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I meant that by the time Warriors gets a port, FEH may not be around anymore. I’m stating that as a likely scenario, but without fear of being wrong

Rather than a port, it's more likely that we'll get a Warriors 2, which could be reason to add the Warriors original characters to the roster.

That would also give them an excuse to fix the fact that Warriors's original characters are all sword users. It wouldn't be too much of an issue to have a banner with Rowan, Lianna, and 2 Warriors 2 original characters that don't use swords and have Darios as a Grand Hero Battle, which would work if we got new original characters, but wouldn't work as it stands right now.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll take "this sf administration" for $500, alex

 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not even possible for them to be .jpgs because .jpgs have intrinsic issues with transparency.

 

EDIT: so as to be a bit less of a dork, super happy to see tms make it in the game. never played it, probably never will, but given as it's a game that had literally no representation getting a banner this is the strongest diversity addition we've had since like 2017

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, even as someone who played FE Warriors its original characters really have nothing interesting to offer compared to the TMS characters. That, and I was always under the impression that Rowan at least was never particularly well-liked.

 

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

A) Rowan is a living genital wart.

I think that this banner's very existence disproves the suggestion that Rowan is too unpopular for his game to get a banner. TMS and its idol setting have both been pretty divisive. If we keep that and TMS kinda flopping in mind then a banner about the more successful Warriors, and the unpopular but ultimately inoffensive Rowan seem like a safer bet. 

That said artistically TMS is probably the better choice for a banner. Whatever flaws the characters from TMS might have its not that their are bare bones or boring. Koei has proven they can make some very good OC's. Team Cia was a really great villain team and the new characters from Persona Scramble have a lot of potential. But for some reason everyone responsible for making the good OC's was on vacation or something when FE Warriors was in development. Neither the heroes nor the villains have any meat on their bones.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

 

Rather than a port, it's more likely that we'll get a Warriors 2, which could be reason to add the Warriors original characters to the roster.

 

Yeah, that makes more sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...