New Heroes: A Star Is Born

XRay

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5f9e706bab2e19ed2f0fdf6c91ed56f1.png Funny thing is, there's still a comfortable majority of likes over dislikes...

904f2df2054289c9310a4b65a45af8e4.png ... which is a lot better than one can say for Adrift. As always take with a inch of salt, it's probable that brigading was more vigorous here, but this sure as fuck isn't the least popular banner ever made lmao

46 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

5f9e706bab2e19ed2f0fdf6c91ed56f1.png Funny thing is, there's still a comfortable majority of likes over dislikes...

904f2df2054289c9310a4b65a45af8e4.png ... which is a lot better than one can say for Adrift. As always take with a inch of salt, it's probable that brigading was more vigorous here, but this sure as fuck isn't the least popular banner ever made lmao

The vocal minority alt hate back then seemed a lot more rabid than #FE distaste is(feels more like people just ignoring it than dislike bombing). It'll be more interesting to see how the banner performs, as the game itself kind of flopped so not sure what to expect. Even the dislike-bombed banners like Hot Springs and Legendary Lyn still seemed to perform well before, though.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that this banner's very existence disproves the suggestion that Rowan is too unpopular for his game to get a banner. TMS and its idol setting have both been pretty divisive. If we keep that and TMS kinda flopping in mind then a banner about the more successful Warriors, and the unpopular but ultimately inoffensive Rowan seem like a safer bet. 

The popularity and reception of both games is irrelevant when TMS is getting a new release this week while Warriors is not. Without Encore, TMS would still be in FEH purgatory with Warriors.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm 100% sure Phantom Spd will work with her bow.

That said, unless her base Spd is underwheming, it's probably still more effective to just use Darting Blow instead since enemy-phase Spd boosts are still rare enough that you're unlikely to need the extra 4 points of Spd that Phantom Spd gives over Darting Blow.

I'll probably do a bunch of checking on the wiki once she goes live.  I can already see some potential issues, because there's a bunch of weapons that give innate bonuses for random things (and then there's nonsense like Atk/Spd Solo on TOP of weapon bonuses).

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The vocal minority alt hate back then seemed a lot more rabid than #FE distaste is(feels more like people just ignoring it than dislike bombing). It'll be more interesting to see how the banner performs, as the game itself kind of flopped so not sure what to expect. Even the dislike-bombed banners like Hot Springs and Legendary Lyn still seemed to perform well before, though.

I mean, FEH thrives in people who wants the crossover of the many FE games and Adrift being mostly alt banner is hindering more chars get in , or as I put it crudely, the "muh new chars" argument.  TMS is less about it and is more about of "ewww Jpop idols I'm not nerd enough for this" , while considering it's a game made by Atlus, the gameplay is good, and delves in the topic it's supposed to be about deeply like other Atlus games. TMS banner is legit  all new chars, and some people are happy that it opens up chances for chars of the spin offs to get in as well (Like the FE6 manga MC) . 

In short, people who doesn't like Adrift is ppl who thinks it hinders more new chars getting in, when ppl who likes this banner is ppl who think this banner opens chances for other spin off chars to get into FEH, and people who doesn't like TMS itself are mostly ppl who doesn't like japanese idols as genre itself. It's not that bad, really.

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean, FEH thrives in people who wants the crossover of the many FE games and Adrift being mostly alt banner is hindering more chars get in , or as I put it crudely, the "muh new chars" argument

The fact that year was plagued with Fates characters didn’t help I imagine

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

.  TMS is less about it and is more about of "ewww Jpop idols I'm not nerd enough for this" , while considering it's a game made by Atlus, the gameplay is good, and delves in the topic it's supposed to be about deeply like other Atlus games. TMS banner is legit  all new chars, and some people are happy that it opens up chances for chars of the spin offs to get in as well (Like the FE6 manga MC) . ,.

I’m in the crowd of not being nerd enough. I find most modern anime ridiculous, I find idol pops inoffensive but silly, I’m a dub over subs heretic.... but hell, welcome you guys and your mech or whatever counterpart of FE characters. Rocket-propelled horses and everything 😁. I’m skipping this one however. Kinda short of orbs and I found more effective grinding legendary/mythic banners. Hope they show up again in one of those

43 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The popularity and reception of both games is irrelevant when TMS is getting a new release this week while Warriors is not. Without Encore, TMS would still be in FEH purgatory with Warriors.

Don’t know about sales of any, but we must take into account that TMS came in the commercially unsuccessful WIIU. No telling how much that change in the clearly far more successful Switch, but it’s clear there’s faith in the game. If Warriors was unsuccessful in Switch... not sure how they can overcome it

the wii u was absolutely my homie and it is literally the greatest tragedy of my adult life except for the time i asked mary to go out with me and found out she was engaged that it wasn't massively popular and didn't drive console design for the next ten years

and i say this with literally zero irony

I thought of something unlikely due to licensing but: now that we got these guys here, how would this year’s CYL play out if they were within the options? Certainly interesting seeing how it’ll play out. It would basically be a duel between TMS and 3H 😄

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I thought of something unlikely due to licensing but: now that we got these guys here, how would this year’s CYL play out if they were within the options? Certainly interesting seeing how it’ll play out. It would basically be a duel between TMS and 3H 😄

TMS isn't as popular, so I seriously doubt it.  Kiria/Tsubasa would be the best contenders.

Yeaaaaaah TMS vs. 3H...

👇

🐜

or,

☢️🚀

👯‍♀️

💥

⚰️⚰️

If you thought pre-multiplier VGs were overkill, 3H vs. TMS would make them look like a petting zoo.

And there will be an Illusory Dungeon with this? Nice. Hope all the selections are good, even though it might not have "Black Rain", which I like. "The Labyrinth" is really great too, and might show up.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I know these are FE characters, but I kind of was hoping characters like this would be "seasonal" units...or at least if Heroes ever does a real cross over with something else they will be. I really don't want the 5 star pool crowded with characters that aren't from FE haha. With these I'll give it a pass, since it's kinda FE. But I hope if they cross over with like, Final Fantasy or whatever, they will only be around during the banners they're in.

5 hours ago, Midnox said:

I thought of something unlikely due to licensing but: now that we got these guys here, how would this year’s CYL play out if they were within the options? Certainly interesting seeing how it’ll play out. It would basically be a duel between TMS and 3H

This raises a good point. I know these Heroes will be added to the permanent summoning pool, but will they ever be focus units again? I'm probably reading too much into it.

As for the Warriors tangent, I'd much prefer a Warriors 2 (i.e. a chance to get a better variety of characters), but unless Rowan and Lianna are the main Lords again I doubt they'd be put on a FEW banner (unless they were insta-demotes).

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

This raises a good point. I know these Heroes will be added to the permanent summoning pool, but will they ever be focus units again? I'm probably reading too much into it.

Being in the normal summoning pool means they're always eligible to appear in "Heroes with *** Skills" banners.

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

And there is BHB banner too. 

Was also thinking about those, but I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll ever get a Bound Hero Battle with the TMS characters.

I can't see them doing Itsuki & Chrom or Itsuki & Tsubasa since Itsuki is a free unit and can't show up on a banner, meaning the only one that's at all likely is Tsubasa & Caeda. That said, they might be able to get away with Itsuki & Chrom having a banner containing Chrom, Tsubasa, and Caeda, but that's a bit of a stretch.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

As for the Warriors tangent, I'd much prefer a Warriors 2 (i.e. a chance to get a better variety of characters), but unless Rowan and Lianna are the main Lords again I doubt they'd be put on a FEW banner (unless they were insta-demotes).

Ruse Skills = Bow chicky. (also. i am so glad she had Atk/Spd Push because now this means any and all Camillas i get are merged. (I LIKE the bow chick  and would +10 her (minus the 2-3 i need for my healers, unless we finally get a healer legendary/mythic with a great skill for healers). but i can just focus on camilla. 

Lull Skills means Tome Chicky will be there. (most lulls are on calvary - the only thought is - which blue cav is the third) - per usual my argument would be if you really want Lull Atk/Res (or the Tome Chicky, it might behoove you to pull on the banner now). Honestly, for me, I don't mind waiting (i've waited this long for a great skill set for Fae, but i am waiting to see what her Refine might be. (but now i've pretty much think if i i hate her refine i can just give her DD4 and Lull Atk/Res. (for Sothis, i am still liking Lull Atk/Spd. ). so ideally, this Red Tome Chicky can break me or be  a free pull somewhere down the road (Iand this is where i will rant - We really need Legendary Hero banners to stop being red locked. because i would like at least 3 copies. one for The Reinhardt, one for Fae and one for me)

Armour Chicky - I guess they can do "Heroes with Fighter Skills?"

Lance Chicky has... hone fliers? (which is good for the Thanos' snapped pool). so there's another candidate for hone fliers.

honestly this banner will just be a free summon and dip for me. i've got bigger fish to fry.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I know these Heroes will be added to the permanent summoning pool, but will they ever be focus units again?

I believe so... They may appear in "Heroes with Skills" banners, or at least the legendary/mythic banners. Tsubasa could also be Hero Fest potential, since she looks to be a great unit.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

About Rowan and Lianna, we could have one as banner unit and the others are a TT unit.

I believe Warriors 2 is a possible to happen. I am not sure about Rowan and Lianna being the main lords again, but they could be History Mode unlockables, like Celica and Lyn.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can't see them doing Itsuki & Chrom or Itsuki & Tsubasa since Itsuki is a free unit and can't show up on a banner, meaning the only one that's at all likely is Tsubasa & Caeda. That said, they might be able to get away with Itsuki & Chrom having a banner containing Chrom, Tsubasa, and Caeda, but that's a bit of a stretch.

We've had BHBs with little chemistry before, ElinciaxNephenee had almost no chemistry behind it.

Tsubasa does do a song and dance number with Kiria once in the game and it looks like Encore is giving them another, so they could Bound Hero together. Tsubasa gets a song and dance with Eleonora too, and Eleonora does a one time guest appearance on Microwavin' with Mamori, for other little bondings. More than ElNeph ever had.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We got the units art in the "Meet some of the Heroes" webpage, and they are pretty good.

Too bad I will have to wait until Saturday to learn Itsuki's Skills.

Seeing Sharena mention modern conveniences like TV and entertainment agencies makes me feel sorta amused inside, considering she's from a world where the word "skyscraper" is foreign to her time. 😛

On 1/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, coldhand25 said:

"Based strongly" as in literally taking place in Tokyo (and also Shibuya and Harajuku). Eleonora is also 

Reveal hidden contents

half-Japanese, half-Scandinavian,

which implies that the whole world is the same (at least in my opinion). I would say the game represents the real world, but in either a contemporary, or low fantasy setting. Harry Potter and Narnia are both set in the real world, and include magic, so I do believe TMS#FE is set in the real world as well.

As I said, it is not the real world. They took the real world, made a copy of it and made a few changes (making it not the real world anymore.) Elsewise, tell the characters in the game I said "hi" when you meet them irl (and I don't mean cosplayers.)

Kiran is an avatar for the player. A projection of us, if you will. He gives us a means of interacting (kind of) with the people and events in FEH. That is the present understanding that we have of Kiran. However, Kiran specifically comes from a city (whereas not everyone who plays the game does.) This city could be the version of our world (which is not actually our world) in FE#.

Just like in historical fiction, any time you make a copy of our world and alter its reality, even if it's only a minute detail, it becomes its own world. It is no longer identical to the world we live in, and thus transforms from a copy to a new reality. As such, even though it has many similarities (place names names, geography, etc.) it is not our world. It is its own world with fictitious characters, events, and industries.

Hence, even if it's "supposed to" take place in our world, it doesn't. It takes place in a world which strongly resembles our own.

21 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

As I said, it is not the real world. They took the real world, made a copy of it and made a few changes (making it not the real world anymore.) Elsewise, tell the characters in the game I said "hi" when you meet them irl (and I don't mean cosplayers.)

Kiran is an avatar for the player. A projection of us, if you will. He gives us a means of interacting (kind of) with the people and events in FEH. That is the present understanding that we have of Kiran. However, Kiran specifically comes from a city (whereas not everyone who plays the game does.) This city could be the version of our world (which is not actually our world) in FE#.

Just like in historical fiction, any time you make a copy of our world and alter its reality, even if it's only a minute detail, it becomes its own world. It is no longer identical to the world we live in, and thus transforms from a copy to a new reality. As such, even though it has many similarities (place names names, geography, etc.) it is not our world. It is its own world with fictitious characters, events, and industries.

Hence, even if it's "supposed to" take place in our world, it doesn't. It takes place in a world which strongly resembles our own.

But then a whole lot of subgenres of fantasy loses it's meaning - low fantasy, urban fantasy... all of a sudden Murakami's books take place in a high fantasy setting, since it's no longer our world with a little added extra, but a whole new world. Same goes for Harry Potter (sorry I always use this as an example, but I'm more of an actual high-fantasy type of guy, and only know mostly the mainstream of this subgenre - that, and hungarian books, which I don't think ever recieved a translation so I don't really want to use them as an example here). I think it all comes down to how each and every one of us interprets the world of the given title. You can't say hi to Harry, even though he is supposed to live in the UK, same goes for Lucy from Narnia. In my interpretations the story takes place in the real world, but neither the characters, nor the events are necessarily real. For me the same goes for alternate history stories as well. I don't interpret them as a different world from ours.

Then again, we might define "world" in itself differently, which leads us to different beliefs of whether low-fantasy stories happen in our world, or a different world entirely.

I do get where you are coming from though, and it is also a perfectly plausible perception of this. It's just not what I grew up thinking, and 'dI rather believe that there is that tiny little bit of magic in our world as in these stories, that I have yet to find. 🙂

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Ruse Skills = Bow chicky. (also. i am so glad she had Atk/Spd Push because now this means any and all Camillas i get are merged. (I LIKE the bow chick  and would +10 her (minus the 2-3 i need for my healers, unless we finally get a healer legendary/mythic with a great skill for healers). but i can just focus on camilla. 

Lull Skills means Tome Chicky will be there. (most lulls are on calvary - the only thought is - which blue cav is the third) - per usual my argument would be if you really want Lull Atk/Res (or the Tome Chicky, it might behoove you to pull on the banner now). Honestly, for me, I don't mind waiting (i've waited this long for a great skill set for Fae, but i am waiting to see what her Refine might be. (but now i've pretty much think if i i hate her refine i can just give her DD4 and Lull Atk/Res. (for Sothis, i am still liking Lull Atk/Spd. ). so ideally, this Red Tome Chicky can break me or be  a free pull somewhere down the road (Iand this is where i will rant - We really need Legendary Hero banners to stop being red locked. because i would like at least 3 copies. one for The Reinhardt, one for Fae and one for me)

Armour Chicky - I guess they can do "Heroes with Fighter Skills?"

Lance Chicky has... hone fliers? (which is good for the Thanos' snapped pool). so there's another candidate for hone fliers.

honestly this banner will just be a free summon and dip for me. i've got bigger fish to fry.

Still putting up a list how many of my units need Lull Atk/Res. So far have come up with THE Reinhardt (obviously), Boey, Sothis, Silque, Lilina, Brunnya. I think thats it.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

By your definition, every story that isn't 100% factual does not happen in the real world, and that's obviously not what "set in the real world" means.

By your definition, if I told you a story about me going to buy groceries from the store down the street today, then that story cannot be set in the real world because no one who was at the grocery store today could say have said "hi" to me there because I wasn't actually there. But that story is still obviously set in the real world.

Or a story about me sitting in my room on my chair petting my cat. Obviously set in the real world even though I don't own a cat.

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Still putting up a list how many of my units need Lull Atk/Res. So far have come up with THE Reinhardt (obviously), Boey, Sothis, Silque, Lilina, Brunnya. I think thats it.

Units with middling or higher Spd would rather wait for Lull Spd/Res, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon