Mild Spoiler Mid-Playthrough Shocker

I am playing through Three Houses for the first time on the BL story. I was shocked by how the story picked up after the break, especially regarding two characters. To see the state that Dmitri was in is just rough. To hear that Dedue was killed to save him was even worse. Selfishly, I had been working hard not only on Dedue's build, but also his relationship with Annette (I realize they may not be able to have a story at the end, but I liked them from the get go and I didn't want to read too many spoilers).  I realize that this is a tactical RPG (and honestly a Fire Emblem title) and things could very much be not what they seem or things may not be accurate, so I know I could be pleasantly surprised in two chapters' time. I am also looking forward to doing the other four playthroughs, particularly the Golden Eagles.

I did. I made sure to do all paralogues before missions since they had an expiration date. And I agree it adds a lot to his character. It also has made me wonder about what to do for a tank. I trying out Gilbert since he appears at first to be better than Alois...and less annoying too. I like how much room there is for feeling things out here and making adjustments.

26 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

I don't know if you meant Golden Deer or Black Eagles. Though you probably meant BE.

Ha! I totally meant Golden Deer. Nice catch. Claude just seems a bit more intriguing to me. 

Edited by jameslove001

2 hours ago, Deathcon said:

I don't know if you meant Golden Deer or Black Eagles. Though you probably meant BE.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Ha! I totally meant Golden Deer. Nice catch. Claude just seems a bit more intriguing to me. 

True story: I'm currently taking college classes in a college with Golden Eagles as its mascot.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do yourself a favor and finish this run.  Dimitri's story is by far the most volatile.

I absolutely plan on it. I really want to complete the story and also want to take advantage of the starting a new story bonuses that I have read about.