Parrhesia

polls are fun  

87 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think, the readership

• I love Byleth!
    • I love Byleth, but not here!
    • What the fuck!

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Why am I not seeing Gatekeeper banter yet?

There was a bit of it very early on. But he was only in the reveal for two seconds and he's just standing there. It's cool that he's there, but it's not as notable as the controversial new fighter. And before someone says it's not controversial:

"Controversy is the disagreement and disapproval of or about someone or something. It typically occurs when criticism is prolonged and public."

Byleth is the subject of prolonged and public disagreement, so yes; they are controversial. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine being such a fucking twat you'll ignore the fact someone's dog is dying all because of video game characters.

Screenshot_77.png

And people legitimately wonder why I hate the Smash community.

Edited by Roland

Just now, Roland said:

Imagine being such a fucking twat you'll ignore the fact someone's dog is dying all because of video game characters.

Screenshot_77.png

And people legitimately wonder why I hate this community. 

As a dog owner, that is just fucking awful! God I really hate this community right now

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

As a dog owner, that is just fucking awful! God I really hate this community right now

Smash Community: Acts like the one of the most immature, unreasonable, and unhinged communities in video gaming.

Also the Smash Community: "Why in the world does seemingly everyone hate us?!"

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

Screenshot_77.png

Oh my; I'm not even a pet owner and I think that's horrific. 

I wonder how many people responded to Neuro with something along the lines of, "What are you talking about?!"

23 minutes ago, Roland said:

Screenshot_77.png

Oh yeah I stumbled upon this earlier today. Apparently the guy is known for being a massive troll. Still though this is just so wrong. I mean be disappointed all you want but at least have the decency to treat people with basic respect.

Not gonna lie, seeing that story about how he lost his story just started making me tear up, cuz I lost my old dog last year, and my current dog is also recovering from a broken leg he got last month. I think I'm just gonna unfollow this topic now.

Edited by Gregster101

Did someone report that asshole? That isn't just being a jerk, that is inhumane emotional abuse and bullying.

It's clear this topic doesn't have a lot more material to discuss right now, since we keep jumping to subjects other than Byleth. Perhaps it needs to be locked?

Edited by Lord_Brand

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

Did someone report that asshole? That isn't just being a jerk, that is inhumane emotional abuse and bullying.

It's clear this topic doesn't have a lot more material to discuss right now, since we keep jumping to subjects other than Byleth. Perhaps it needs to be locked?

Eh; I think it's largely just people's different trains of thought. I don't think we should go straight to locking it (then again; that's not my call). 

Going back to Byleth, is it just me, or does Byleth seem a bit high-risk, high-reward; gameplay-wise? His up special requires having a foe above him at an angle, he's one of only two FE fighters to lack a counter, but his offense is almost absurdly powerful. 

One reason why I liked my Three Houses Trainer idea is that it potentially would've offered different trade-offs:

• Edelgard would be a short, heavy unit: difficult to send flying, and a powerhouse thanks to Aymr and dark magic, but melee attacks lack reach.
  • Dimitri: high reach, and a lot of his attacks would have a tip effect similar to Byleth's side-special, but lacks any ranged potential. 
  • Claude: lots of ranged potential through his bow and his different tricks, but has trouble up close. 

Awful people in the Smash community?  You have options~!

1. Go away from all the places where people are being awful.  Delete accounts, unfollow, etc.  Fill your free time with things that are better for your mental health.
2. Find a like-minded group of people who aren't awful that like Smash, and be your own community.
3. Like what you like, because in the end, it's a video game.  Who cares if some random people don't like Byleth?

The answer isn't whining about the Smash community - they probably won't take you seriously anyway.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

3. Like what you like, because in the end, it's a video game.  Who cares if some random people don't like Byleth?

The cure for too much NaCl, literally, in any community.