DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

What do you think? It's coming out Feb 13th!

I'm there Day One. Time to buy that Season Pass!

The new music is gorgeous and I see Edie AND Dimitri with us but no Claude even though Hilda's the one narrating at the start. Hmm...

Also, Ashen Wolves, Ashen Demon? Interesting... (And a great name that also ties into Sothis!)

The Seiros statue also ties into Sothis and the man telling us to take them in may be

Spoiler

the new Church of Seiros person that was found in the datamine.

Speaking of, can we please keep datamine discussion out of this or in spoiler tags like the above please? Not everyone saw them (and others like me quit the thread partway). Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuri sounds like the group's 'leader' but I also thought he was Byleth with purple hair at first glance. And then I thought he was Leon.

If they didn't show them talking, I would've thought Yuri was one of the girls.

Edited by zuibangde

@Diovani Bressan Thanks, I made the change!

It's a shame you aren't interested whereas this had the opposite effect on me. Now I'm really interested to get the DLC!

@VincentASM, will you be analysing this? I can see some pretty noticeable stuff here!

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am glad that I didn't buy the Expansion Pack... This one looks cool, nut only this one. The rest looks pretty meh.

I will get the Pokémon expansion with my money instead.

I am on the contrary, I am not giving single penny to Pokemon until they changed their development process.

Is this a whole new 20 or chapter because damn I might play this after my GD run.

Pretty sure it's opened fairly early in the game, we saw all three houses around and Byleth hasn't fused yet.

Edited by Timlugia

So Edelgard and Hilda are both deployed at 1:32. Considering this is impossible in normal play, it looks like this side story will allow all three lords to be deployed. Because of that, I'm also guessing this is pre-timeskip only

There were some hints at this previously, such as the NPCs that talk about the Abyssians disappearing partway through White Clouds, but it's nice for some soft confirmations. I wonder then if the four characters will be getting post-timeskip appearances...

I updated the OP to say this, but please keep datamine discussion in spoiler tags (or out of this entirely) please. Thank you very much!

The four characters have some really neat designs! New classes too - woo!

And this is called a Side Story, so I wonder if this will be a completely separate option in the menu OR if we start playing as normal then get the option of switching to the Ashen Wolves partway through

Spoiler

a la the Crimson Flower/ Silver Snow route split

...or if it'll just be a side story before cutting back to the original plot. It'd be a pretty hectic few months for Byleth though...

But if this story also has a time jump, I wonder what it'll be called...

Leon in 3H OMGOMGOMG!!!!! He is Yuri actually, but it seems like my Black Eagles playthrough will have to be delayed yet again, because of Leon Yuri! This is like the best day of January for me so far? I mean, TMS#FE is launching in hours, Leon is in 3H 

Spoiler

Byleth is in Smash...

Is there anything that could make things better? 

Yes, I am that big of a fan of Leon, he is my favourite Fire Emblem character period, no questions asked

Somewhat known stuff already but their classes appear to be:

Yuri = Trickster

Balthus = War Monk (Gauntlet hero relic)

Constance = Dark Flier

Hapi = Valkyrie (not sure of the class name - magic cavalry)

Also, I'm not the only one seeing the close resemblance to the Awakening versions of these classes am I?

Even the metal plate belt on the War Monk, and the Collar + boots of the Trickster is the same as in Awakening.

And then the mysterious voice...his speech pattern is suspiciously similar to Rhea's speech patterns.
Let me guess...(spoilering since datamine shouldn't be discussed openly):

Spoiler

The owner of that voice will be the datamined Seiros Crested character. The Cichol one is still unaccounted for.

Also seeing his design, it makes kind of sense that Yuri can't support the House Leaders, since he appears to be the House leader for the Ashen Wolves.

All things considered, it's shaping up to be interesting. Now I just need to impatiently wait until February 13. 

Hm...I should probably put my current AM  run on hold until it releases.

Guess I'll finally have time for Link's Awakening and Pokémon Shield. Maybe even OG Trials of Mana

30 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The new music is gorgeous and I see Edie AND Dimitri with us but no Claude even though Hilda's the one narrating at the start. Hmm...

Claude is right there at 0:40 with Hilda and Edelgard (and again in 1:06 with Hilda, Edelgard, Dimitri and Ashe) though?

7 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Claude is right there at 0:40 with Hilda and Edelgard (and again in 1:06 with Hilda, Edelgard, Dimitri and Ashe) though?

Ah, I missed him then. Thanks!

So this is either a side story in the literal "You select it from the main menu" sense or something that takes place during Part 1 and gets all Three Houses involved. Good to know!

According to wikipedia (I guess these count as spoilers, so please don't open it unless you are ok with it!)

Spoiler

Yuri has an S-support with both male and female Byleth, so I will S-support him so hard he won't know what hit him. It also lists Ingrid in the supports, among some others base 3H characters, and I'm really looking forward to their interactions. I don't really know from where do we know all these information though?

I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now, but february can't come soon enough.

Yuri in cipher when?