DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is I have been waiting to do another run of THs until this DLC comes out.  At least I now know what I will be doing on the 14th, playing this and getting a new husbando.

The designs of the Ashen Wolves don't sell me on them. Looks like discount Leon, Ingrid, Petra, and buff Claude with purple and gray. Hopefully the post time skip designs can be more interesting if they do have them. The idea of the delinquent class building their own faction does sound interesting; if raises many questions. No clue how long the side route will be thought. Please don't let it be golden route. For a moment there I saw Hilda and Edelgard on same side wonder what's up with that?

This is pretty much the closest you get too "Reveletion" like route, since you can use ALL three house lords, which IS pretty damm neat!

But is it "Just" a side story though? Like the screen borders are purple now and not red/blue/yellow.

Edited by User name

Rewatching the trailer I spy a few more things:

The black chain/metal adornments on the Ashen Wolves look similar to the Golden Chain/Metal on Sothis outfit.

The old statue (with dragon wings) on the altar has tree branches in the background, like those seen in the Goddess Tower so...

Spoiler

The altar is possibly in the basement of the Goddess Tower?

At 1:35, there are two new Saint Statues to the right and left of Saint Cethleann's statue . It looks like the one on the right has got the design of the Valkyrie Class while the left one is difficult to discern. So...

Spoiler

It's possibly Saint  Noa and Saint Timoetheos then?

At 1:30 Yuri magically swaps places with...er, not sure who since they're greyed out (looks like Ashe?). A new spell/skill?

Hilda is on the same team as Edelgard on 1:30. Huh that's very interesting. It's probably only for the DLC, but it's still curious, means it's a cross-house mission as the cutscenes with all three of the House Leaders suggests.

I’ve been waiting to start my first Maddening run until this dropped. It’s coming out so soon!

This is going to be fun. 

I wonder how often the new classes will pop up in the game’s maps as enemy units? It will be interesting to see how any additions change playthroughs, if at all.

Edited by blaerionvonhraesvelgr

It still boggles my mind how we don't have official art for most of the characters in the game.

I like this batch of characters tho I'm not too fond of the outfits. Potential for better designs if they also get post-timeskip.

Constance reminds me of a certain hentai😅

Here's an observation: back when the datamine came out, we couldn't tell from the data which female was Constance and which was Hapi (from context clues we could determine who Yuri and Balthus were). But since they both use magic in the trailer, we can now tell that Constance is DLC3 and Hapi is DLC4. As for their Crests, we now know that

Spoiler

Constance has the Crest of Noa and Hapi has the Crest of Timotheos. As for the other two, Yuri has the Crest of Aubin and Balthus has the Crest of Chevalier.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

BRING ME THE DARK FLIERS. 
Miasma will fall from the heavens!

(I have s-rank in flying and magics for all of the girls who are even remotely good at it, just for this class)

I am ready. 

Have fun finding enough battalions for them, let alone magic flying battalions. I wonder how many of those will be added.

Just discussing the skills of Dark flier in the spoiler, nothing too bad.

Spoiler

Also they don't have miasma as a class skill, and only have black tomefaire so they technically aren't dark fliers, and dark mages actually have a disadvantage in the class.

I really need to know if this is a full house route or if it's like a couple chapters in the middle of part 1?? The purple borders and all the lords being together suggest the former, but people seem to think it's the latter. I need to know if I should put a hold on my current BL run before reaching the timeskip. Hope there will be more information soon. Famitsu haven't teased anything have they?

'Sure, why not blow Bergelomeu up with a bunch of new and exciting things (the FE+Atlus game included) while he also suffers from the flu and there are people running to his house to murder him for saying 'Yey, Byleth!!' '

Seriously, what the hell is this day...

9 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Have fun finding enough battalions for them, let alone magic flying battalions. I wonder how many of those will be added.

Hide contents

Also they don't have miasma as a class skill, and only have black tomefaire so they technically aren't dark fliers, and dark mages actually have a disadvantage in the class.

It's still super strong on Annette. Compared to her wyvern build she only lose axefaire that will be more than compensated by a flying magic battalion existing and the higher magic modifier/growths.

3 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

It's still super strong on Annette. Compared to her wyvern build she only lose axefaire that will be more than compensated by a flying magic battalion existing and the higher magic modifier/growths.

I think this class is going to be great for Annette and flayn in particular. Annette for the point you made plus more mobility for her amazing rallies.

And Flayn for FLYING RESCUE. Others can go this class for fun but I think all other mages are suited best elsewhere (obviously not including the new dlc though I imagine it would be Constanze's best class based on the datamined spells and growths.)

Speaking of the datamine, I believe everyone's supports got leaked. If so, could someone please let me know which of the characters are bi? I'm curious to see if the 5:3 ratio from the base game has been balanced out yet.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

I am on the contrary, I am not giving single penny to Pokemon until they changed their development process.

Pretty sure it's opened fairly early in the game, we saw all three houses around and Byleth hasn't fused yet.

I agree. Pokemon has become gaming's laziest franchise (yes, move over Call of Duty and Dynasty Warriors), and it is dead to me unless they substantially improve their development process and business model.

I was hoping for some sort of postgame content but if this is a mid playthrough type of deal i won't feel compelled to continue playing after doing 1-2 routes. It will be fun to try out but I'm kinda hoping for some eternal dungeon to grind.

21 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

meh. I don't need the magic flying battalions. 
I'll just use the ones i got from my multiple playthroughs (even if it doesn't touch the magic, just stopping them is good enough for me). 

I have 4 Ashes and Dust 
3 Anna's Secret battalion
2 you get from playing Edelgard's
and a butt load from Ingrid's and Seteth's paralogues 

and I personally think this will be the class where Annette will shine the best (theoretically Dorothea since even as a dancer - she's still slow, and I feel that Flayn and Marianne make better dancers than Dorothea cannon class or not). 

Spoiler

as for the actual spells (probably not) but they'll have their spell list regardless. 😄

but truthfully i'll probably (FOR FUN) stick everyone in here for a map or two, but i'll probably dabble in the other new classes (Manuela for example is ready to go for Valkerie?) for example. 

Balthus is umm *cough cough* you know what I mean

so will they be a playable route?

Cause if so I am will choose them over Edelgard and everybody else

Also has anyone else noticed that Constance bears the crest of Noa could she be related to the real Monica? nvm totally not

Edited by PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld