DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Speaking of the datamine, I believe everyone's supports got leaked. If so, could someone please let me know which of the characters are bi? I'm curious to see if the 5:3 ratio from the base game has been balanced out yet.

Thanks in advance!

The answer:

Spoiler

According to the Support datamine, Yuri is the only one who can S-Support both Byleths.

The bi ratio is not 5:3 though (if, by 'bi ratio' you mean female/male characters that can have a romantic S-Support with F/M!Byleth respectively), it's 5:1 since Linhardt is the only romantic same sex S-Support for M!Byleth (the S-Supports for Gilbert and Alois are platonic). If we count Jeritza the ratio is 5:2.

Considering this, it's worth to keep in mind that, while it is extremely likely that the S-Supports for the Ashen Wolves are romantic, there's also the slim chance they'll end up platonic (though personally I seriously doubt the latter).

So as of Ashen Wolves, it would appear the ratio is 5:3 (accounting for Gilbert and Alois being platonic, and Jeitza & Yuri being added). It's not even yet in other words, but a step in the right direction at least.

Adding the full datamined Ashen Wolves Support list for reference:

Spoiler

Yuri:
Yuri x Byleth (C, B, A, S) (S rank for both Byleth Genders)
Yuri x Balthus (C, B, A)
Yuri x Constance (C, B, A)
Yuri x Hapi (C, B, A)
Yuri x Bernadetta (C, B, A)
Yuri x Dorothea (C, B, A)
Yuri x Ingrid (C, B, A)

Balthus:
Balthus x Byleth (C, B, A, S) (S female only)
Balthus x Yuri (C, B, A)
Balthus x Constance (C, B, A)
Balthus x Hapi (C, B, A)
Balthus x Claude (C, B, A)
Balthus x Hilda (C, B, A)
Balthus x Lysithea (C, B, A)

Constance:
Constance x Byleth (C, B, A, S) (S male only)
Constance x Jeritza (C, B, A)
Constance x Yuri (C, B, A)
Constance x Balthus (C, B, A)
Constance x Hapi (C, B, A)
Constance x Edelgard (C, B, A)
Constance x Ferdinand (C, B, A)
Constance x Mercedes (C, B, A)

Hapi:
Hapi x Byleth (C, B, A, S) (S male only)
Hapi x Yuri (C, B, A)
Hapi x Balthus (C, B, A)
Hapi x Constance (C, B, A)
Hapi x Dimitri (C, B, A)
Hapi x Ashe (C, B, A)
Hapi x Linhardt (C, B, A)

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Fixed a sentence

1 hour ago, darkblade2814 said:

I hope the Ashen Wolves became Playable in the main game after finishing the side story

I'm assuming so. Maybe you can use them in the "main story" concurrently with the side story. Or you have to beat the side story (which, do you have to do all at once, or can you take breaks? IDK) to carry them over to the main story. It could even be that you need support levels and/or weapon ranks to convince each one to come to the surface. I'd be very disappointed if they're not playable main-story, barring some narrative reasons that would have to be convincing.

Also, legendary Gauntlets, so that's cool.

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Okay, so is he the only bi option? What about the girls?

pulling from reddit, the datamines have said that Yuri is the only bi support for Byleth. I'm all for Yuri, but it is lightly disappointing we are getting yet another feminine bi option for M!Byleth. Better than nothing I GUESS, but would have preferred the bi option to be Balthus to give players more choice in variety.  Here's more info on the supports, under spoilers just in case.

Spoiler

Yuri can. Balthus cant.

Balthus has supports with claude, hilda, and byleth outside of the DLC peeps.

Hapi is BL focused in her supports.

Constance seems to be geared towards BA.

Yuri has no affiliation.

Outside of Yuri, no same sex S-supports

Also quick references on Balthus Hero Relic, Vajra Mushti:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajra-mushti

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajra_Mushti

(Those links are two different articles)

Hindu origin, and means Diamond/Thunder Fist in Sanskrit. A weapon used in an Indian Wrestling art with the same name. Also a name for the Lightning God Indra.

Fitting for a War-Monk in other words.

@Tactician_Iris, @xchickengirlx

Thank you both!

Spoiler

I'm honestly surprised that none of the girls are bi, but I partly expected it. It's a cop-out that two of the male options are platonic* but this would bring the number of same-sex paired endings to a balanced 5:5 for both genders.

* Obviously I'm glad we don't get to romance two grown men with families, but making two other guys romantic options for M!Byleth would have been nice.

Also:

14 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Hindu origin, and means Diamond/Thunder Fist in Sanskrit. A weapon used in an Indian Wrestling art with the same name. Also a name for the Lightning God Indra.

This is really interesting stuff! I wonder if it means anything that Aymr and the Arrow of Indra (the weapon from Hubert's paralogue) also have Hindu origins...

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

@Tactician_Iris, @xchickengirlx

Thank you both!

Hide contents

I'm honestly surprised that none of the girls are bi, but I partly expected it. It's a cop-out that two of the male options are platonic* but this would bring the number of same-sex paired endings to a balanced 5:5 for both genders.

* Obviously I'm glad we don't get to romance two grown men with families, but making two other guys romantic options for M!Byleth would have been nice.

Also:

This is really interesting stuff! I wonder if it means anything that Aymr and the Arrow of Indra (the weapon from Hubert's paralogue) also have Hindu origins...

Arrow of Indra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra Bruh

Finally a release date on these characters, I'm interested in them from a gameplay perspective. I'm in no rush to replay this game, so I'll wait until others have tried out the 4th wave before I buy.

Tell me if the new fights are fun, tell me if and when I can start using these characters in the main story. I don't care about narrative, and they could have the personality of moldy drywall, I am entertained by their usefulness as 3HAW-01 through 3HAW-04 alone.

I remember when I first played there was a map with pruple colored battalions and I loved them, thinking it was a shame there wasn't more of them. Now it seems logical they bring a new party with these colors X)

I'm eager to see theirtimeskip design if they have some. Ooh so many questions I have, this is so exciting X)

Edited by FuranSuwa
spell fix

10 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I'm eager to see theirtimeskip design if they have some

Given how they have S-supports, I'm like 85% sure they will have a timeskip design, I mean, it would make sense for them to have. I'm really looking forward to them as well.

16 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Given how they have S-supports, I'm like 85% sure they will have a timeskip design, I mean, it would make sense for them to have. I'm really looking forward to them as well.

Me too especially Constance hope she grows her hair out since 2 other girls that hair change becomes short would look amazing!!!!

54 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Jeritza didn't (if you're going to say not wearing his mask counts, then that's the biggest stretch I've seen since Stretch Armstrong). I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Goddamn Hapi is hot. Like Dorothea levels of hot. That said, she has some steep competition for best girl, so I doubt she'll crack my top 5.

Oh no.....dont get me wrong, I'm super excited and happy to see the story dlc and would normally be excited to see it come out so early......but I'm so strapped for time as it is right now and I have too much hype. I haven't finished my last run yet (Silver Snow), patch 8.3 of WoW just dropped, I just got super excited for the Pokemon Mystery Remake in March among other games coming soon....how can I contain this hype?! I'm still shaking with excitement from all the reveals today alone, I dont know what to be hyped for first! I wasn't expecting this until April, so I'm not sure what to do with myself right now haha. Especially since I'll be at a convention for the weekend this comes out, I'll be fighting the urge to play nonstop lol

Can someone please explain to me how this works though? Is this a whole new path? Because they only have 4 students and that doesnt equal the 8 of the other houses. How in the world do they figure into the story either? Did no one else know about a secret house randomly chilling in the catacombs? Also, is it really possible to have multiple house leaders join you in whatever this is?!?! I don't care if you have to spoiler the explanation, I just want to know and not get my hopes up for a full length route if its not.

Hmm, I also remember thinking that giant wolf in the logo for the dlc content when it was revealed months ago looked too distinctly important to ignore. I thought it might just be a reference to the giant wolves, but I guess I was right to be intrigued. Also eager to see the new classes!

40 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Jeritza didn't (if you're going to say not wearing his mask counts, then that's the biggest stretch I've seen since Stretch Armstrong). I wouldn't get your hopes up.

None of the teachers did afaik, so I guess there is that for Jeritza? And these guys are students if I understood everything correctly, so I'm still 85% sure they gonna get one or maybe I'm just too hopeful because I love the timeskip design of almost everyone, and want the new guys to have one as well

4 hours ago, raptor9299 said:

Arrow of Indra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra Bruh

I know that, I was wondering if it meant Balthus was connected to them in some way, i.e. if he was also Adrestian or tied to TWSITD.

P.S. Anyone have any guesses for what a Part 2 involving the Ashen Wolves would be called (if they have one)? Considering the cutscene borders turn purple for them I'd put money on Violet as the colour (though Golden Deer turned into Verdant Wind for some reason). We don't have any other Seasons left though, so maybe just the word "Season"? Or perhaps even "World" or "Void," to indicate there aren't any Seasons left?  We likely won't see the word Violet used alongside Void though...

Also, anyone wanna bet this will be FEH's February banner?

Edit: The name could also be Cindered Shadows (the name of the Side Story) itself!

Edited by DefyingFates

Byleth's nickname being Ashen Demon always intrigued me because it didn't really seem to have any relevance story wise. So this DLC introducing called Ashen Wolves is making me wonder if it'll be relevant in the DLC. Does this connection between Byleth's nickname and the new house exist in other languages? Cause if it's only in english, its probably just a coincidence.

@Silver Lightning

So far, the DLC has just been referred to as a side story, so it's uncertain if its just an interlude in part 1 or an entire new route. Though I'm thinking it might be a route considering the borders seem to turn purple in the trailer and I think the reason the new house only has 4 new members is because you seem to be able to use every other unit in this side story (as shown in the shot where you see all 3 house leaders behind Byleth and the map where both Edelgard and Hilda are deployed, which is normally impossible).

People here are eager for a bi option and talking about ratios, while I'm just here disappointed that there's still no dark skinned character. Oh well, maybe next game 🙃

If this is a side story, I'm wondering on how you would access it. Like when would it take place? before the time skip? After? Or would it be a separate menu option altogether?

2 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Goddamn Hapi is hot. Like Dorothea levels of hot. That said, she has some steep competition for best girl, so I doubt she'll crack my top 5.

Except Jeritza is counted among the faculty and none of them got timeskip designs.

These appear to be students more or less.

26 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Except Jeritza is counted among the faculty and none of them got timeskip designs.

These appear to be students more or less.

According to the support log he's a Black Eagle, but I digress.

Spoiler

Which only pisses me off that Gilbert is considered a Church unit when he serves Faerghus and only joins on AM, but again I digress.

I meant it more as he's a DLC unit of a similar age to characters who did get redesigns (remember, he's Mercedes' younger brother).

More to the point, I think you're better off assuming they won't have them, and possibly being pleasantly surprised, than you are assuming they will, and possibly being disappointed. Call it pessimism if you like; I consider it pragmatism.

To be honest this trailer doesn't hype me much. Especially compared to the recent Smash trailer.
Also ow the edge, a secret house, in the underground called "The Abyss" that no one knew, wants and etc.

I expected The Abyss to be better than an excuse for chunni edgy the dlc characters, 'might be wrong though, but boy, they really look and sound chunni.

Dat new gauntlet and Dark Flier tho !

For goodnesses sake, make it so that if it is a new, which I doubt, that it isn't a golden path.

1 hour ago, TheArchsage said:

People here are eager for a bi option and talking about ratios, while I'm just here disappointed that there's still no dark skinned character. Oh well, maybe next game 🙃

No dark skinned characters? But what about Claude, Petra, Dedue, and now Hapi? Or am I misunderstanding you?

1 hour ago, TheArchsage said:

People here are eager for a bi option and talking about ratios, while I'm just here disappointed that there's still no dark skinned character.

I don't see why you're complaining, considering we have Dedue, Claude, Petra, Cyril, and now Hapi...