DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

9 hours ago, Midnox said:

Makes me wonder what they’ll do with those gauntlet relics. I’m not expecting introducing a new weapon either, as those are a very new addition to the franchise, plus, only two characters (prior to the DLC) are depicted as their weapon of choice, so it’s not like they have much to use them on anyway. Nothing stops them to make the gauntlets an ability or special however

If I remember from the trailer... he looks like he attacks at range with them... that or it might be his special personal skill (due to them being useable thanks to him having the crest for said weapon) 

But it definently looks like he attacks at range... maybe the special art from the gauntlets lets you attack at a distance?

Edit: he uses an art called Pneuma Gale... I don't remember that being in the game, possibly the special art of the gauntlets?

Edited by Ronman5
looked through the youtube vid again

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Ronman5 said:

If I remember from the trailer... he looks like he attacks at range with them... that or it might be his special personal skill (due to them being useable thanks to him having the crest for said weapon) 

But it definently looks like he attacks at range... maybe the special art from the gauntlets lets you attack at a distance?

Edit: he uses an art called Pneuma Gale... I don't remember that being in the game, possibly the special art of the gauntlets?

Funny name. Pneuma is basically soul, so it's like Spirit Wind or something. But pneuma comes from Greek where it means blowing (think Breath of Life for its modern meaning). So one could call this attack blowing wind XD

12 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

The questions remain: Are these units playable in the Main Story? 

Do you think we'll recieve any additional info on the lore?

according to my research, after you finish their side-story, the wolves became recruitable on the main game

25 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

The questions remain: Are these units playable in the Main Story? 

Do you think we'll recieve any additional info on the lore?

Nintendo YouTube description says you can, and a few character could S support, which is also indication they would stick with you in main story.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:20 AM, Sentinel07 said:

Eh, for me, nothing is worse than Breath of the Wild's season pass.

A bunch of gimmicky items, Trial of the Sword's reward is lackluster compared to the hours of hell you have to put in to finish it, and The Champion's Ballad is just more of BotW's half-baked writing and poor dungeon design.

I'm looking at it more as a game programmer and the work that has been done for this season pass seems awfully low. Adding new items in fire emblem for example might not even require new models depending on what it is(like the stat boosters). Even the boosting maps should have been very straightforward to do.(I'm assuming that they're very competent and that they created good tools during the development of the main game.)
I'm fairly confident in saying that trial of the sword alone probably took more manpower than the entirety of wave 1-3 as a piece of game content. (And that's a piece of content largely based on reusing assets of the maingame)

But also why compare to the worst when stuff like Torna, Mario Rabbids Donkey Kong expansion, Smash Fighter pass, etc exists. Heck even as a non pokemon fan given how underwhelming the new entries seem to be to me the pitch for that season pass looks better than what FE has shown so far.

Edited by Gwyn

Does anyone know if the new classes with be Master classes? FE three houses really needed some more master class options in general compared to the advanced tier so if it turns out these new classes just further add to that tier that'll be disappointing to me 😕 probably still kinda fun though, just not as satisfying when I'll replace them all with master classes eventually.

20 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Does anyone know if the new classes with be Master classes? FE three houses really needed some more master class options in general compared to the advanced tier so if it turns out these new classes just further add to that tier that'll be disappointing to me 😕 probably still kinda fun though, just not as satisfying when I'll replace them all with master classes eventually.

The new classes will all be accessible at level 20 (like the Advanced Classes).  They seem to be between Advanced and Master. I could be wrong.

52 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Like Jayvee94 said these are technically advanced classes although we know that they will require a different type of seal to promote into, no details on what or how we get them yet though. Also you don't need to replace them with master classes. Master classes aren't intended as the best in the game. Assassin, Paladin, Sniper, Grappler and even Warlock are still very viable classes and in a lot of cases are actually better than the master equivalent. Paladin and Assassin are the most prevalent of this, because Dark/Great knight and Mortal savant are not good classes for physical units. Think of Master classes as more side grades with some being purely superior( Wyvern Rider and Pegasus to Wyvern Lord and Falcon)

Is there a full list of the new classes knocking around anywhere? I know we have a Dark Pegasus, but I'd really like an Advanced class regular Pegasus. It kind of sucks if you're training up a Pegasus Knight that you have to skip a tier or rapidly gain enough ranks for a different class before Falcon Knight is available. Personally in that case I'd demote Falcon Knight and make the Pegasus Mage the Master Class.

10 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I finally found a high res profile pic of Constance.

She has bits of indigo in her hair.

Constance=Elise CONFIRMED

Ooh, source please?

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is there a full list of the new classes knocking around anywhere? I know we have a Dark Pegasus, but I'd really like an Advanced class regular Pegasus. It kind of sucks if you're training up a Pegasus Knight that you have to skip a tier or rapidly gain enough ranks for a different class before Falcon Knight is available. Personally in that case I'd demote Falcon Knight and make the Pegasus Mage the Master Class.

IIRC, the Classes are:

Spoiler
  • Dark Flier (girls only)
  • Trickster
  • War Monk
  • Valkyrie/ Mage Knight (which may be girls only)

Also, they're all Advanced Classes.

Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, source please?

IIRC, the Classes are:

Hide contents
  • Dark Flier (girls only)
  • Trickster
  • War Monk
  • Valkyrie/ Mage Knight (which may be girls only)

Also, they're all Advanced Classes.

Hope this helps!

Can't imagine trickster or war monk are male only. Bah. I thought we've moved past this sexism in the series.

War monk is the weirdest class addition for me because only Balthus and Byleth have brawling and faith talents, and if you want to brawl War master or Grappler seems much better. I suppose it's a female class with Fistfaire though so I guess that's okay but it only really fits Catherine and Byleth. Still would have prefered a trueblade master class with Swordfaire, Fistfaire and some other skill like darting blow to give both female brawlers and sword users a good endgame class, which is also the perfect class for Catherine and Byleth.(Assassin is usable but still not great by any means)  

22 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So we probably have the Ashen Wolves, Byleth and the few students who came to the Abyss with us. It sucks that we won't be able to use all our students (there are bound to be complaints from people that their favourites didn't make it in), but it makes sense for balance reasons. I was surprised that the Smash stage seems to have fixed representatives from each house, maybe those are the ones here too? Or maybe the students who join us for this are the ones the Wolves have Supports with?

That would mean that mostly the Black Eagles would be there, since most of them get supports from the new guys.

18 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

As for which units can be used so far we can see

Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Linhardt, Ashe, Hilda and the Ashen Wolves. I doubt this is the full roster though honestly, I'd be down. Ashe and LInhardt are seen when Yuri uses his new switch spell (Ashe is being switched and Linhardt is in the back). There is also a wyvern above them in this shot which could be another character but for now I'm assuming that's Claude's Abyss class instead of Sniper. I really like how instead of picking the usual important character form each house like Hubert, Ferdinand, Dorothea, Dedue, Felix etc they went for Ashe and Linhardt who are honestly very minor in the overall story, I always like that kind of thing. Hilda's still there though. Best girl cannot be replaced.

I might be willing, but I think I saw Hubert in the trailer. I think he was the guy on the top right corner during the dual teleport show. Thinking of which, maybe that's the trickster's third skill. It would certainly suit the class.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Can't imagine trickster or war monk are male only. Bah. I thought we've moved past this sexism in the series.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, it's maddening that even the DLC classes are gender locked...

Not only is it annoying that it's gender locked but there aren't even equivalent classes to balance things out. Like, the whole Dark Fliers thing was so out of balance and unequal with power that I barely used my male units. If that's what they want to do this time around, well all power to them it's their game and I'll play it anyway but...

I was getting happy with the path this game seemed to be going on, where anyone can basically be anything based on their skills, not necessarily based on classes. I suppose one can only hope that future installments will take even more steps to abolishing (or obscuring) set "classes" altogether, and rather have classes be dynamically assigned based on skill and level.

21 minutes ago, TheArchsage said:

and rather have classes be dynamically assigned based on skill and level

Huh. That'd be pretty interesting! You'd have to manually select movement type (by equipping a horse or armour, for example) but otherwise...hmm. Consider my curiosity piqued!

Edited by DefyingFates

9 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

Like Jayvee94 said these are technically advanced classes although we know that they will require a different type of seal to promote into, no details on what or how we get them yet though. Also you don't need to replace them with master classes. Master classes aren't intended as the best in the game. Assassin, Paladin, Sniper, Grappler and even Warlock are still very viable classes and in a lot of cases are actually better than the master equivalent. Paladin and Assassin are the most prevalent of this, because Dark/Great knight and Mortal savant are not good classes for physical units. Think of Master classes as more side grades with some being purely superior( Wyvern Rider and Pegasus to Wyvern Lord and Falcon)

Especially in the art book of special edition, it's actually called "Hybrid Class", further indicates their true purposes.

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

it's actually called "Hybrid Class", further indicates their true purposes.

TIL, thanks! It's interesting they were designed that way. Is that their name in the Japanese too?

5 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Yeah, that was the original filesize, so it's safe to assume that's the original source for all 4.

Nice to get that cleared up!