DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

19 hours ago, Ronman5 said:

If I remember from the trailer... he looks like he attacks at range with them... that or it might be his special personal skill (due to them being useable thanks to him having the crest for said weapon) 

But it definently looks like he attacks at range... maybe the special art from the gauntlets lets you attack at a distance?

Edit: he uses an art called Pneuma Gale... I don't remember that being in the game, possibly the special art of the gauntlets?

We are WAY past of weapons being used in unusual ways, if not the weapons being weird themselves in that game. I’m sure they had figured it out for a while now

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks awesome. I was wondering if they'd use that wolf emblem in the DLC and indeed they did. I had thought it'd be cool if they did another house, but I didn't think they actually would. The new characters for the most part look pretty awesome. I'm pretty pleased.

I saw that they mentioned Hilda and Edelgard will be able to fight together. I'm guessing this is just for certain missions? Or will Hilda now be recruitable for the Crimson Flower route?

Edited by SSbardock84

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

This looks awesome. I was wondering if they'd use that wolf emblem in the DLC and indeed they did. I had thought it'd be cool if they did another house, but I didn't think they actually would. The new characters for the most part look pretty awesome. I'm pretty pleased.

I saw that they mentioned Hilda and Edelgard will be able to fight together. I'm guessing this is just for certain missions? Or will Hilda now be recruitable for the Crimson Flower route?

Hmm that seems strange... although I thought there was some story reason to why Hilda dislikes Edelgard… 

The other three characters I love the looks of. Yuri looks like hes an offbrand lord... which I suppose is kind of a joke since well... hes the house leader and all the other house leaders are "lords" so I guess that would be the same applied to Yuri too.

Edit: so I actually googled it and someone from Gamefaqs made a good point

Basically she openly says two things- 1- she is not a fan of Edelgards ideas, and wouldn't agree to going all out war with the rest of Fodlan
2- She has a deep connection to Claude and cant fight against him, she basically deeply respects claude and is the only person she literally would die for and that makes sense as Silver snow, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer routes you wont ever fight Claude at all... in Blue Lions and Black Eagles you see her ready to die in order to protect Claude.

As for why she is there in the "Crimson flower" route... people mentioned that all of the people we can see in that cutscene... are actually units that support with the various 4 dlc units... so they could be there as the story intends... maybe since they are the first ones to see and meet the 4 dlc chars that's why they support with them???

Edited by Ronman5

16 minutes ago, Spectrum said:

I'm quite disappointed about how they presented the side story as a "hidden" house. I'm just hoping that the writing is good and that it's a long route with post-timeskip chapters.

The way it doesn’t follow same calendar highly implies it’s not a traditional route, but maybe span of few days to a few weeks maximum. Thus unlikely to have a post skip itself.

Students probably returns to the surface in the end (in lore) then they would join you in the main story. 

So while characters will have post skip design (according to datamine) the story itself seems preskip. Except probably character paralougues.

Edited by Timlugia

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

The way it doesn’t follow same calendar highly implies it’s not a traditional route, but maybe span of few days to a few weeks maximum. Thus unlikely to have a post skip itself.

Students probably returns to the surface in the end (in lore) then they would join you in the main story. 

So while characters will have post skip design (according to datamine) the story itself seems preskip. Except probably character paralougues.

according to Sakurai, once we finish the side story, we can recruit them in the main game

So if the Wolves join you on whatever path you are currently playing and have time skip designs, is there any indication that they'll still have any relevance in the story or are they just like recruits from other houses who only show up for supports? I suspect the latter, which kind of sucks if the only story you'll ever get for them is only in the side story.

Also, quick question, does anyone know when exactly most Nintendo dlc starts downloading the day of release? I will unfortunately have to be traveling on 2/13 so I'd like to have it downloaded before I go. I remember Torna was around midnight at the start of the release day, but will this be similar?

15 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

14 hours ago, Ronman5 said:

As for why she is there in the "Crimson flower" route... people mentioned that all of the people we can see in that cutscene... are actually units that support with the various 4 dlc units... so they could be there as the story intends... maybe since they are the first ones to see and meet the 4 dlc chars that's why they support with them???

This story is separate from the main campaign and gives you a set party, hence these two being together (same for the three Lords being deployable together too).

4 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

Also, quick question, does anyone know when exactly most Nintendo dlc starts downloading the day of release? I will unfortunately have to be traveling on 2/13 so I'd like to have it downloaded before I go. I remember Torna was around midnight at the start of the release day, but will this be similar?

I'd also like to know this please!

I loveeeeee their deigns....

And I'm sorta upset that it seems like they won't really play much of a part in the main story :/ I mean, I know it makes sense, but I can't help but wish this was a whole new route or something, which I know some people won't be for....but yeah I would have prefered a whole new route over whatever we're getting right now. But still, can't wait for next month. 

11 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd also like to know this please!

Wave 3 was released at 8:00 PM EST, so Wave 4 should release whatever time that is in your time zone.

Haven't touched this game in a while, but this DLC is making me want to play again... And Yuri is so cute, wow. I'm not gay, but I just have to S-Support him provided he doesn't suddenly turn manly after time-skip.

23 minutes ago, Godhand said:

Haven't touched this game in a while, but this DLC is making me want to play again... And Yuri is so cute, wow. I'm not gay, but I just have to S-Support him provided he doesn't suddenly turn manly after time-skip.

Inb4 Yuri transitions over the timeskip, and now literally every player has their sexuality shattered.

Some tweets just came out.

In the main story of Fire Emblem Three Houses, you can recruit students from other Houses to add to your army, but in the sidestory "Cindered Shadows", you have set party members from start to finish. First off, you have the protagonist, and then the three House Leaders. Overcoming the boundaries of Houses, they cooperate and stand against the mystery of the Abyss.

One student from each House will also appear alongside the House Leaders, being Linhardt, Ashe and Hilda. With that, here's the full art for those three students by Kurahana Chinatsu.

Also, the four members of the fourth House, the Ashen Wolves. They seem to have reasons for staying in the Abyss, but they also fight to protect the Abyss and its residents from mysterious assailants. While lending them strength, the protagonist and co. will come to face a certain truth that slumbers in the darkness of the Abyss.

Is it just me or is anyone else under the impression everyone will start off in advanced classes. N before someone says Ashe is the weakest link in this party, Hunter's Volley intensifies.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan of "predetermined team", especially in a game where customization, managing, min maxing and all that good stuff is the blood of said game.

"Hell yeah I finally optimized my classes layout, learned and equipped the best skills and weapons. It took so much time of my life but it paid off"
And dlcs be like "I'm going to end this man's whole time 😄".

Well I expect it to be able to use NG+ so...

21 hours ago, redlight said:

Is it just me or is anyone else under the impression everyone will start off in advanced classes. N before someone says Ashe is the weakest link in this party, Hunter's Volley intensifies.

In addition we will have 1 (Byleth) + 4 (Ashen Wolves) + 3 (Houses)*2 (Members of Each House) = 11 (fixed units).

Interesting selection we have. Balanced are they?

13 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan of "predetermined team", especially in a game where customization, managing, min maxing and all that good stuff is the blood of said game.

"Hell yeah I finally optimized my classes layout, learned and equipped the best skills and weapons. It took so much time of my life but it paid off"
And dlcs be like "I'm going to end this man's whole time 😄".

Well I expect it to be able to use NG+ so...

That's because it's a side story. It's a more traditional FE feeling with fixed units and all. It has no connection to the main story, you don't use your main story stats, classes etc. So it doesn't destroy anything you did.

23 minutes ago, Hauke said:

That's because it's a side story. It's a more traditional FE feeling with fixed units and all. It has no connection to the main story, you don't use your main story stats, classes etc. So it doesn't destroy anything you did.

I see your point but...

Side story or not, still the same game that encourage what I said above. It's a side story that actually give something important, characters.

Imagine having gotten a character to max all, only to be robbed.

Edited by B.Leu

9 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

I see your point but...

Side story or not, still the same game that encourage what I said above. It's a side story that actually give something important, characters.

Imagine having gotten a character to max all, only to be robbed.

You don't import characters or stats. The side story and the main story are seperated. So they don't rob you of anything. You can recrut them in the main story and min maqx them there. And the chars in the side story most likely have predetermined stats, classes etc. And they don't affect your main game safe in any way, since they are a seperate mode you select in the main menu, not in the game.

I regret that I bought the season pass, I had hope that we would get a new path. In this mode, I can't even use my units or use the potential of the game, it just feels like a cheap version of the core game...Some maps with interesting conditions, or something like apotheosis would be better, than some new characters and a few maps, were I have to use always the same units.
May we get the infernal mode, after all the free updates were better than the paid content.