DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

In the Japanese tweet, it mentions that beside each lord, there is one non-advising student alongside them. So I'm taking this as meaning no Hubert or Dedue. Funnily enough, Hilda, who's the closest thing to a GD advisor to Claude, is in the lineup. Hilda stays winning in 2020. She gets all the screentime benefits of the advisor role without the biggest repercussion for it (DLC inclusion). IS is really working that loophole lol. I can see why they would want her though -- she's very popular.

Personality-wise, the students they chose make sense.

Linhardt sneaks into the catacombs and stuff at the time. He would probably find it an interesting field study for his research. He would much rather do that instead of train.

Ashe makes sense because he loves reading books about knights and adventures. He probably sees this trip as one grand adventure of his own.

Hilda makes sense despite her laziness. Hilda has shown multiple times in the game (especially in Part 1 when this takes place) that she's interested on keeping tabs of high-profile students. Plus, I'm sure she would much rather explore than study or train. It could also be a situation where she simply picked what she thought was a lesser evil.

To me, other students that would probably be interested in doing this are: Ferdinand (because he will take any opportunity to compete with Edelgard), Hubert (to protect Edelgard), Dedue (to protect Dimitri), Ingrid (same reason as Ashe), and Ignatz (he's a bit of a history buff).

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Some tweets just came out.

Ooh, thank you for this!

I wonder if the other students will get cameos, considering the start of the game takes place above ground. It's a pretty interesting trio they chose to represent each House though. Linhardt's curiosity explains why he'd be here, as would Ashe's "supporting the underdog" ideal...maybe Hilda just wants an excuse to skip classes?

There was that mysterious, seemingly well-intentioned voice in the trailer; I wouldn't be surprised if they're the 12th unit, since that's the number of deployables in each of the main campaigns' final chapters. The plot thickens!

While I'm interested in this new story, I have to confess I'm curious about whether we'll get a free update to go along with this. @Morswo's right: so far the freebies have been better than the paid updates!

Also: new artwork for the non-leaders! Combined with the Spirit images in Smash, maybe we'll get official renders released for everyone now?

Edited by DefyingFates

58 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

There was that mysterious, seemingly well-intentioned voice in the trailer; I wouldn't be surprised if they're the 12th unit, since that's the number of deployables in each of the main campaigns' final chapters. The plot thickens!

Wasn't that Yuri? I believe it was him who was talking in the trailer. 

2 hours ago, Morswo said:

I regret that I bought the season pass, I had hope that we would get a new path. In this mode, I can't even use my units or use the potential of the game, it just feels like a cheap version of the core game...Some maps with interesting conditions, or something like apotheosis would be better, than some new characters and a few maps, were I have to use always the same units.
May we get the infernal mode, after all the free updates were better than the paid content.

I'm surprised and  a little disappointed that something like Apotheosis didn't become common place in the series. Shadows of Valentia in particular I'd like it. Thabes is good and all, but it's clearly designed for the base game. Overclasses tear right through it, meaning there's nowhere to actually ever use them.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It does sound like him, doesn't it? It just sounds a bit mature at the same time, which is what makes me think otherwise. Thanks!

Yuri talks at 1:26 and his voice is clearly different from the voice speaking at 1:01, so they're probably different people.

Spoiler

The datamine had a fifth character who is 38 years old and has a Minor Crest of Seiros, so he's probably the person speaking at 1:01.

I wish that the character lineup was bigger, but oh well. We can transfer the Wolves to the main game afterwards so it isn't too much of an issue.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

In the Japanese tweet, it mentions that beside each lord, there is one non-advising student alongside them. So I'm taking this as meaning no Hubert or Dedue. Funnily enough, Hilda, who's the closest thing to a GD advisor to Claude, is in the lineup. Hilda stays winning in 2020. She gets all the screentime benefits of the advisor role without the biggest repercussion for it (DLC inclusion). IS is really working that loophole lol. I can see why they would want her though -- she's very popular.

Assuming no Hubert/Dedue, that's very disappointing. Aside from the three Lords, and Gilbert, they're the least playable characters in the game. Would have been cool if they got this to make up for it. Although, I won't complain about getting Ashe (bestest boyo) and Linhardt (sleepiest boyo).

The characters in the DLC also fit for their classes which are most likely set in the DLC. Linhard as Healer, Hilda as Bandit, Ashe as Thief/Archer, Edelgard as Fortress Knight, Dimitri as Paladin, Claude as Wyvern Rider. And the four Wolves.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

In the Japanese tweet, it mentions that beside each lord, there is one non-advising student alongside them. So I'm taking this as meaning no Hubert or Dedue.

It's true that Hubert and Dedue likely aren't present, but where did you get "non-advising" from?

14 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

In the Japanese tweet, it mentions that beside each lord, there is one non-advising student alongside them. So I'm taking this as meaning no Hubert or Dedue. Funnily enough, Hilda, who's the closest thing to a GD advisor to Claude, is in the lineup.

Its probably Lorenz thats the advising student then since he always tries to correct Claude. 

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Assuming no Hubert/Dedue, that's very disappointing. Aside from the three Lords, and Gilbert, they're the least playable characters in the game. Would have been cool if they got this to make up for it. Although, I won't complain about getting Ashe (bestest boyo) and Linhardt (sleepiest boyo).

It's a bit sad that Hubert and Dedue don't get more playtime, but I think they chose the characters they did to play off their personalities more. Dedue and Hubert are a bit flatter than the rest of the cast unfortunately. Although this could've been an opportunity to flesh them out a bit more.

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's true that Hubert and Dedue likely aren't present, but where did you get "non-advising" from?

I got it from the tweet. When you let Twitter translate it (which isn't good, but something), it specifically mentions "one non-supervisor student".

34 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

Its probably Lorenz thats the advising student then since he always tries to correct Claude. 

At first I thought it was Lorenz, but he doesn't play the role that the other advising students do. The advising students are seen conversing with the lord at certain chapters and Hilda is always in that spot over Lorenz. Hilda also gives out the sidequests that Hubert and Gilbert would give out in Part 2. In the chapter 6 when the Lord is taking Manuela to the infirmary, Hubert, Dedue, and Hilda are the ones leading the charge. Hilda's role in Part 2 in a non-GD route has her heavily associated with him and Lorenz is not. Hilda is the closest Claude has to an advisor. Although I would like Lorenz to play a bigger role, I found him to act more like the Lord's "rival/dissenter" a la Ferdinand and Felix.

Claude doesn't have an advisor, and I think it's to reflect how he just came to the Alliance not too long ago so he hasn't really gotten one yet. Plus, it also reflects the Alliance's more independent culture.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

At first I thought it was Lorenz, but he doesn't play the role that the other advising students do. The advising students are seen conversing with the lord at certain chapters and Hilda is always in that spot over Lorenz. Hilda also gives out the sidequests that Hubert and Gilbert would give out in Part 2. In the chapter 6 when the Lord is taking Manuela to the infirmary, Hubert, Dedue, and Hilda are the ones leading the charge. Hilda's role in Part 2 in a non-GD route has her heavily associated with him and Lorenz is not. Hilda is the closest Claude has to an advisor. Although I would like Lorenz to play a bigger role, I found him to act more like the Lord's "rival/dissenter" a la Ferdinand and Felix.

Claude doesn't have an advisor, and I think it's to reflect how he just came to the Alliance not too long ago so he hasn't really gotten one yet. Plus, it also reflects the Alliance's more independent culture.

Hilda's always recruitable too. She deserves this, she never had a fair amount of exclusivity or screentime in comparison to Dedue and Hubert. Dedue being a major part of Azure Moon and shows up in Verdant Wind more than Dimitri himself.

Hubert also gets bucketfuls of screentime too. We directly fight the Empire more than the Kingdom in terms of overall routes.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, Rose482 said:

I loveeeeee their deigns....

And I'm sorta upset that it seems like they won't really play much of a part in the main story 😕 I mean, I know it makes sense, but I can't help but wish this was a whole new route or something, which I know some people won't be for....but yeah I would have prefered a whole new route over whatever we're getting right now. But still, can't wait for next month. 

Nah, having stories like Rise of the Deliverance does the cast more favors than a trashy new route that would have a tough time balancing side characters. Limiting the cast to the Lords, Byleth, Linhardt, Ashe and Hilda allows for interesting ideas than chars of usual main routes. Where they usually just pitch in the main dialogue once with their quirk in group discussions and that's it.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

What class did Byleth appear as in the trailer?

Swordmaster

For everyone else's classes

Yuri - Trickster

Balthus - War Monk

Coco - Dark Flier

Hapi - Mage Knight (?)

Edelgard - Fortress Knight

Linhardt - Bishop

Dimitri - Paladin

Ashe - Sniper

Claude - Wyvern Rider

Hilda - Warrior

I wonder if these classes will be their permanent classes or not. We may start in intermediate and then class change into these classes halfway through. It's a party that covers everything we might need:

Defense: Edelgard, Dimitri

Physical Attackers: Balthus, Claude, Hilda, Ashe, Byleth

Magical Attackers: Coco, Hapi

Support: Yuri, Linhardt, 

10 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I wonder if these classes will be their permanent classes or not. We may start in intermediate and then class change into these classes halfway through. It's a party that covers everything we might need:

Defense: Edelgard, Dimitri

Physical Attackers: Balthus, Claude, Hilda, Ashe, Byleth

Magical Attackers: Coco, Hapi

Support: Yuri, Linhardt, 

That's funny you put Dimitri as defense as with his insane Str, I always associated him as a physical attacker! 

And Ashe with his more middling str I always sorta associated with support. Balthus might be our other Defense perhaps? I haven't looked at the datamined stats close enough, so ignore that if it's proven wrong. Hah.

13 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

That's funny you put Dimitri as defense as with his insane Str, I always associated him as a physical attacker! 

And Ashe with his more middling str I always sorta associated with support. Balthus might be our other Defense perhaps? I haven't looked at the datamined stats close enough, so ignore that if it's proven wrong. Hah.

If he's defaulted to sniper then oh boy, Hunter's Volley will come in real handy.

2 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

Ashe is also the thief for any door/chest here.

20 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I got it from the tweet. When you let Twitter translate it (which isn't good, but something), it specifically mentions "one non-supervisor student".

Oh, okay. I didn't see an equivalent Japanese word at all. I think Google Translate picked up "house leader" as "advisor".