DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

10 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

That's funny you put Dimitri as defense as with his insane Str, I always associated him as a physical attacker! 

And Ashe with his more middling str I always sorta associated with support. Balthus might be our other Defense perhaps? I haven't looked at the datamined stats close enough, so ignore that if it's proven wrong. Hah.

Paladin is much more defense-oriented this time around than previous games. I'd rather have Dimitri tank than the other characters listed in the attacking role. He and Edelgard are both potent attackers, probably stronger than the people in the actual attacking role. Aegis, the Paladin skill, is great in this game and is enough to warrant Dimitri as a great enemy phase unit. That's my reasoning for putting him there. He can go either way. Plus I wanted more people in the defense column.

Sniper is an offensive role, so I put him an offense. Although Ashe is probably better off being a support/utility unit (Lara 2.0 for thief dancer!), but bow users in this game are so good I consider the Archer line to be offensive. 

I'm not sure how many chests will be in this new mode, so Ashe may get moved down to utility if he's more useful there. But Yuri also fills that role.

7 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I was under the impression that she is a new Valkyrie class, since they all have new classes. It also looks like she is using dark magic too.

Mage Knight or Valkyrie, I think we're both referring to the same thing. We don't know what the class is called yet. I'm personally hoping for Mage Knight/Strategist because Valkyrie implies it's gender locked to females and I don't want that. Mainly because I would like to put Hubert, Hanneman, and Linhardt in this class.

Edited by Dandy Druid

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Paladin is much more defense-oriented this time around than previous games. I'd rather have Dimitri tank than the other characters listed in the attacking role. He and Edelgard are both potent attackers, probably stronger than the people in the actual attacking role. Aegis, the Paladin skill, is great in this game and is enough to warrant Dimitri as a great enemy phase unit. That's my reasoning for putting him there. He can go either way. Plus I wanted more people in the defense column.

Mage Knight or Valkyrie, I think we're both referring to the same thing. We don't know what the class is called yet. I'm personally hoping for Mage Knight/Strategist because Valkyrie implies it's gender locked to females and I don't want that. Mainly because I would like to put Hubert, Hanneman, and Linhardt in this class.

Ah. I feel like it will be gender locked, though I would love if it wasn't. The other classes seem like they would be gender locked too, so I think this would be as well.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, okay. I didn't see an equivalent Japanese word at all. I think Google Translate picked up "house leader" as "advisor".

Hmmm that may be it. I wonder how the translator mixed that up. This makes the exclusion of Hubert and Dedue weirder, because they don't like having their Master out of their sight. Not that I don't mind the current students they picked. Linhardt and Ashe are better for a more balanced team.

4 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Ah. I feel like it will be gender locked, though I would love if it wasn't. The other classes seem like they would be gender locked too, so I think this would be as well.

Only Dark Flier was revealed to be genderlocked in the datamine. Although the mounted mage class had a note that said "female-only?" so it's unclear if this one is. I surely hope it isn't, as this changes my plans on who gets to be this class. Hubert isn't good in most of the classes in the game, and his skill set would've synergized nicely with what this class has (built-in Fiendish Blow, so you can go Dark Mage before this, 2x Dark Magic, and a horse). If it is genderlocked, I wonder if I should go with Flysithea or Horsithea. I'm tempted to go Horsithea.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Hmmm that may be it. I wonder how the translator mixed that up. This makes the exclusion of Hubert and Dedue weirder, because they don't like having their Master out of their sight. Not that I don't mind the current students they picked. Linhardt and Ashe are better for a more balanced team.

Only Dark Flier was revealed to be genderlocked in the datamine. Although the mounted mage class had a note that said "female-only?" so it's unclear if this one is. I surely hope it isn't, as this changes my plans on who gets to be this class. Hubert isn't good in most of the classes in the game, and his skill set would've synergized nicely with what this class has (built-in Fiendish Blow, so you can go Dark Mage before this, 2x Dark Magic, and a horse). If it is genderlocked, I wonder if I should go with Flysithea or Horsithea. I'm tempted to go Horsithea.

Wait the fighting one, with fist focused, from this DLC isn't genderlocked? O.o I thought it was.

38 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wait the fighting one, with fist focused, from this DLC isn't genderlocked? O.o I thought it was.

It didn't specify male-only! Since it seems based off of Awakening's War Monk, there's no reason to genderlock it since the original wasn't. So this will be the only fist-using class female characters can access allegedly. (Let's hope!). So Hilda, Edelgard, and Ingrid can finally punch things to your liking.

Yuri's bio today.

Ashen Wolves
Yuri (CV: Enoki Junya)
The leader of the Ashen Wolves. He was a student of the Officer's Academy, but was expelled due to circumstances, and moved to live in the Abyss. Underneath his crude speech, it can be vaguely seen that he holds a strong desire to protect the residents of Abyss.

Second pic:

"Can't deny that we're all a bunch of outcasts, but it's not a bad place to live once you get used to it."

Convo:

"So, the only protection this place has is us... And you guys. 'Professor', I'm counting on you, alright? I'll be relying on you as much as I want."

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

what rules does one have to break to get expelled from Garreg Mach.

Desecrating the holy tomb and declaring war on god seems to do it.

#EdlgardAndHubertAreCollegeDropouts

Edited by Jotari

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Technically they didn't declare war on the god, especially if Byeleth joins the cause. They just declare war on the pope, as it were. Basically a violent protestant reformation

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Edelgard, a college dropout?

Well, she wasn't supposed to make it past twenty-five.

Also, maybe Balthus was spending too much time with Flayn for Seteth's comfort? Which would explain why she hangs out with Raphael, too.

5 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Yes, and after dropping out they conquer all of Fodlan. I'd say they did pretty well for themselves.

only in the one route I will never play, I don't like playing the "Evil" routes like conquest and crimson flower, my favorites are Revelaitons, due it being the Canon one, and  Verdent Wind due it beint the closest to a good ending the game have

8 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

only in the one route I will never play, I don't like playing the "Evil" routes like conquest and crimson flower, my favorites are Revelaitons, due it being the Canon one, and  Verdent Wind due it beint the closest to a good ending the game have

Dropping the joke for just a minute: EVERY ending is good. The Crest system is either torn down or reformed, and Fodlan is united under one ruler (whether Edelgard, Dimitri, or Byleth) to lead to a golden age.

I'm not speaking another word on the subject because we don't need ANOTHER thread getting derailed.

1 minute ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Dropping the joke for just a minute: EVERY ending is good. The Crest system is either torn down or reformed, and Fodlan is united under one ruler (whether Edelgard, Dimitri, or Byleth) to lead to a golden age.

I'm not speaking another word on the subject because we don't need ANOTHER thread getting derailed.

I don't think waht Eldegard is doing is good, I mean she started a war that sed to much innocent blood (like any other war), this is why i see it as a "Evil" route, and  lets end here

So why do you think they chose Linhardt, Ashe, and Hilda in particular? Linhardt is interested in Crests so I'm sure that'll come up, and  Ashe's time as a thief might make him more sympathetic towards the Ashen Wolves, but how does Hilda factor into this?

1 hour ago, Thane said:

So why do you think they chose Linhardt, Ashe, and Hilda in particular? Linhardt is interested in Crests so I'm sure that'll come up, and  Ashe's time as a thief might make him more sympathetic towards the Ashen Wolves, but how does Hilda factor into this?

I heard somewhere that it was likely due to gameplay variety and balance. Linhardt looks to be the only healer you get by default. Ashe and Hilda are just secondary Axe and bow options I think. 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I heard that Holst as a student had been to the Abyss before, and knows Balthus.