DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do we already have their lesson plans datamined?

Which White Clouds chapters are speculated to take place concurrently with Cindered Shadows ?

I heard it might be chapter 9 considering their default level from datamine is 17, and it's the final chapter before things going downhill.

48 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I heard it might be chapter 9 considering their default level from datamine is 17, and it's the final chapter before things going downhill.

Thanks. Isn't is weird that they're in an advanced class by that level?

While I don't have any high expectations of the story, I do hope we'll get some fun character interactions. I want to see some wholesome scenes between Dimitri and Edelgard, as well as interactions between characters who didn't talk (much?) to each other at all in the main game, like Hilda and Ashe.

17 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

I just want this already! Such grueling 3 weeks....

2 weeks now at least lol. Roughly.

Hoping we see something more before release other than just the new characters, but probably not. Im curious how this will all tie into the actual game, being a side story and all. Is it its own mini route, or is it something that "canonically" happens between the chapters it takes place in regardless of route?

Edited by Tolvir

38 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Hoping we see something more before release other than just the new characters, but probably not. Im curious how this will all tie into the actual game, being a side story and all. Is it its own mini route, or is it something that "canonically" happens between the chapters it takes place in regardless of route?

How would it be squeezed in canonically? 3H is peculiar in that you can't simply insert it wherever, the entire game is on a calendar. Does the subterranean world due to a black hole-capable infinite energy generator create a distortion in the passage of time causing it to pass faster than at the surface? Or, does this explain what happens on the nothing days between weekends for earlier chapters?

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

2 weeks now at least lol. Roughly.

Yeah roughly

I would guess if one new character after all the Ashen Wolves is introduced it could be Alphard but they likely will keep him secret till the release. Famitsu scans COULD feature more stuff but will likely have everything we already know(maybe personal skills for them if we're lucky). It will likely fit well seeing as its before the timeskip, before Byleths transformation and before the unfortunate tragedy that occurs so before anything drastic goes down maybe in one of the weekdays that your suppose to teach is when the side story occurs which could explain why the sidestory structure will be different from the main games calender.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

I had seen the trailer a couple of times, but it was not until a couple of minutes ago, while reading a comment, that I realised that the new characters are two males and two females. Ha, ha, ha, ha!

For weeks I had been thinking that they were three girls and one naked guy. I swear that I had to re-read the comment to make sure that the poster was not mixing up the pronouns, precisely because I was sure that they were wrong. And then I looked for more information online to make sense of what I had just discovered.

Oh, well, at least I did not get confused about the blonde one. 😅

20 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

For the Abyss Mode what classes would you put your characters in?

They're all fixed. So even if you want Wyvern Rider Edelgard, you will still get Fortress Knight Edelgard.

Okay, this will be my prediction for the Ashen Wolves stats and skills assuming they will join at chapter 9 Hard Mode.

Yuri (lv 17 Thief)

• HP - 32
  • Str - 18
  • Mag - 13
  • Dex - 19
  • Spd - 23
  • Lck - 14
  • Def - 11
  • Res - 11
  • Cha - 18
  • Skills - B in Swords and Faith/Authority, D in Authority/Faith, E+ in Reason

Balthus (lv 17 Mercenary)

• HP - 40
  • Str - 22
  • Mag - 10
  • Dex - 8
  • Spd - 15
  • Lck - 6
  • Def - 16
  • Res - 7
  • Cha - 10
  • Skills - B in Brawl and Axes, C in Swords, E+ in Authority

Constance (lv 17 Mage)

• HP - 28
  • Str - 7
  • Mag - 23
  • Dex - 12
  • Spd - 12
  • Lck - 6
  • Def - 4
  • Res - 16
  • Cha - 11
  • Skills - B in Reason and Swords, D in Flying

Hapi (lv 17 Mage)

• HP - 33
  • Str - 11
  • Mag - 21
  • Dex - 16
  • Spd - 12
  • Lck - 7
  • Def - 5
  • Res - 22
  • Cha - 9
  • Skills - B in Reason and Swords, D in Riding

20 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

@Jayvee94 Oh wow! I was unaware of the fixed classes. That sucks... Good predictions though! I found the double Mages a bit redundant but it's possible!

At least their "canon" final classes are different.

Just a thought though. Looking at the "Valkyrie" class, it may seem like a smooth transition to Dark Knight. However, if you do so, you'll be sacrificing 3-range for +5 damage. Oslo, the sat boost goes from +4 to +2, so that is net +3 damage.

Another thought. If the new classes are influenced by Awakening designs, is Catherine gonna wear a battle ballgown when I turn her into a war "monk"?

Edited by Jayvee94

5 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

At least their "canon" final classes are different.

Just a thought though. Looking at the "Valkyrie" class, it may seem like a smooth transition to Dark Knight. However, if you do so, you'll be sacrificing 3-range for +5 damage. Oslo, the sat boost goes from +4 to +2, so that is net +3 damage.

Another thought. If the new classes are influenced by Awakening designs, is Catherine gonna wear a battle ballgown when I turn her into a war "monk"?

Well now I want her to lol. I would love to see Catherine in that! 

Edited by Dylan Corona

Balthus time.

Ashen Wolves
Balthus (CV: Kimura Subaru)

A rowdy man from the Alliance. The self-proclaimed "Leicester's King of Melee". His hearty and careless personality are what lead to him becoming a fugitive, so he hides out in the Abyss. He follows his desire to protect the people of Abyss who sheltered him, as well as his fighting instincts, thoroughly thrashing any intruders.

Second pic:

"A guy like me used to be a noble too, but well, who knows where life will take you!"

Convo:

Balthus: "Haha! This is quite the stroke of luck! Alright you guys, pick between lining up your asses for a beating, or getting tied up quietly!"

Claude: "Sorry, everyone. I'm not sure what I did wrong... But it seems we'll regrettably have to fight. As the Eastern Hermit says, when someone throws a stone at you, retaliate with a rain of stones, or something like that."

Balthus: "So you've finally gotten in the mood for a fight. Have a taste of the fists of "Leicester's King of Melee"!

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How would it be squeezed in canonically? 3H is peculiar in that you can't simply insert it wherever, the entire game is on a calendar. Does the subterranean world due to a black hole-capable infinite energy generator create a distortion in the passage of time causing it to pass faster than at the surface? Or, does this explain what happens on the nothing days between weekends for earlier chapters?

There is no calendar in the Abyss mode. It most likely happens in a very short timeframe. So there is no problem with that. Everything cold happen in a week.

Edited by Hauke

45 minutes ago, Hauke said:

There is no calendar in the Abyss mode. It most likely happens in a very short timeframe. So there is no problem with that. Everything cold happen in a week.

Exactly what I also mention I doubt it'll be a long side story(8 hours if you know what you're doing 9-10 if your messing around) an event taking a week is managable from how different the side story will be structured.

The Wave 4 trailer has subtitles now and it shows that the character speaking at 1:01 is named Aelfric, which seems to be Alford's English name. Aelfric seems to be the name of several bishops throughout history, so it's fitting if he has something to do with the Church.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Wave 4 trailer has subtitles now and it shows that the character speaking at 1:01 is named Aelfric, which seems to be Alford's English name. Aelfric seems to be the name of several bishops throughout history, so it's fitting if he has something to do with the Church.

Makes sense seeing as he wants you to guide the Ashen Wolves interesting to see his overall role in the side story! Of course there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Claude: "Sorry, everyone. I'm not sure what I did wrong... But it seems we'll regrettably have to fight. As the Eastern Hermit says, when someone throws a stone at you, retaliate with a rain of stones, or something like that."

Don't you have something up your sleeves, Claude. We could use some right now.