DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see how Abyss in the main game will be different since if shops are still present there I doubt they'll carry the same stuff would be pointless to an extent except getting more of the limited ones per month.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

22 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

I'm interested to see how Abyss in the main game will be different since if shops are still present there I doubt they'll carry the same stuff would be pointless to an extent except getting more of the limited ones per month.

You know what might be neat? If they moved the Dark Merchant (who I'm positive was called the Black Market in the JP version) to Abyss. I mean why would the black market be found in the normal shopping area?

21 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

You know what might be neat? If they moved the Dark Merchant (who I'm positive was called the Black Market in the JP version) to Abyss. I mean why would the black market be found in the normal shopping area?

In his defense, he is huddled in a corner....while wearing the robes of known enemies of the church.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

In his defense, he is huddled in a corner....while wearing the robes of known enemies of the church.

Yeah, and in 3 out of 4 paths the church is still there. It's like he's WANTS to be arrested or killed.

But I do love how he's just like "Tell your friends!" when you leave. Screw gatekeeper, Dark Merchant is the real MVP!

33 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Yeah, and in 3 out of 4 paths the church is still there. It's like he's WANTS to be arrested or killed.

But I do love how he's just like "Tell your friends!" when you leave. Screw gatekeeper, Dark Merchant is the real MVP!

Dark Merchant was clearly the strongest member of TWSITD and Thales got sick of his shit so he kicked him out.

So he decided to sell to their sworn enemies in those paths.

5 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Truly a brave soul.

Related on the topic of markets is there any type of weapon you wanted to return in this game? (Think of the ones that existed in the previous games but not in Three Houses)

I'm on the fence on Blades, Greatlances and Poleaxes.

Sometimes I miss Tellius-style Knives and Daggers. Thing is, they are only really for one class (save for the time Sages could use them for some reason), so I can see why they are cut and Swords are simply used instead. // Fate's Hidden Weapons were okay, but it only really worked due to its setting. 

I guess as a compromise, perhaps add back in Knives, but they count as Swords and can only be wielded by Thief classes? It works similarly to how Dark Magic is an offshoot of regular Anima. This will give Swords a 1-2 range option, but is limited to certain classes.

20 hours ago, Sire said:

I guess as a compromise, perhaps add back in Knives, but they count as Swords and can only be wielded by Thief classes? It works similarly to how Dark Magic is an offshoot of regular Anima. This will give Swords a 1-2 range option, but is limited to certain classes.

We already have Kronya's weapon which is depicted as a Knife but upscaled as a full-sized sword in its in-game model. We do, however, have throwing animations for Hand Axes and Short Spear (they use Sword Animations at melee). It might be weird to see knives spinning in mid-air in game but it kinda happens that way in real life,

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

We already have Kronya's weapon which is depicted as a Knife but upscaled as a full-sized sword in its in-game model. We do, however, have throwing animations for Hand Axes and Short Spear (they use Sword Animations at melee). It might be weird to see knives spinning in mid-air in game but it kinda happens that way in real life,

You know, on that note, it's kind of funny how some weapons are different between artwork and in-game and such.

Like in artwork, Edelgard's Aymr has a really short handle, but the in-game model makes it as long as the other axes.

12 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Aww, no comments about Hapi? I'm not getting the DLC, but she looks like the most interesting one to me! I love her design 🙂

Well, the only comment I could really think of "This tells me almost nothing!" and I didn't think it was worth posting. The other 3 I felt like I had a basic idea of who they were, but this...she has an attitude? She has some deep dark secret? That's all I got from it, and that describes half the damn cast.

Its because we know about all of them before the english tweets and nothing to really to talk about regarding Hapi since she has a secret past which you can say about half the cast so for now she's just a "ok" reaction until the DLCs out next week.

Her design is really great of course same for Constance and the other 2 guys hopefully their timeskip ones hold up though!

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

21 hours ago, Sire said:

Sometimes I miss Tellius-style Knives and Daggers. Thing is, they are only really for one class (save for the time Sages could use them for some reason), so I can see why they are cut and Swords are simply used instead. // Fate's Hidden Weapons were okay, but it only really worked due to its setting. 

I think a good niche for knives would be to give them the fire sweep effect from Heroes. Basically weapons you can't counter. Would give an actual hidden weapon aspect to the hidden weapons.

I would rework thieves as stealth assassins. They can hide and when they attack while hidden normal attack became crits and crits became lethality. Low str and might means even their crits are not necessarily OHKO.

Then archers, other thieves, and certain staves can detect them. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:15 PM, Jayvee94 said:

Related on the topic of markets is there any type of weapon you wanted to return in this game? (Think of the ones that existed in the previous games but not in Three Houses)

I'm on the fence on Blades, Greatlances and Poleaxes.

I think it'd be cool to just do a single "heavy" weapon of each class - Broadsword, Greatlance, and Poleaxe. Coming at C rank, with higher durability and might than Silver weapons, but also lower hit and higher weight. Maybe Daikyu for the Bows, too.

6 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Aww, no comments about Hapi? I'm not getting the DLC, but she looks like the most interesting one to me! I love her design 🙂

I'm really happy about Hapi! She has my favorite design, her eyes look like they could stare right through me. Her mounted magic Advanced class sounds really good, too.

So they detailed the Trickster class. Looks like Thief is a pre-requisite for it or something like that. Can swap with allies within 5 spaces (don't know if we knew that already).

Also, looks like Anna gets a change to her character icon in this class.

I think another tweet mentions "Underground Seals" being used for the new classes and they're unlocked upon completing Chapter 1 of CS.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, Jayvee94 said:

If the new classes are influenced by Awakening designs, is Catherine gonna wear a battle ballgown when I turn her into a war "monk"?

I knew it. War Cleric is back with her ballgown. lmao

Gotta say, not overly fond of them straight-up reusing Awakening's class designs. Honestly, I think that game has some of the ugliest looking classes in the franchise (Cavaliers, Knights, and Dark Mages especially).

Definitely never liked War Cleric's ridiculous look either. Such a stark contrast to Three Houses' other more grounded designs.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Can swap with allies within 5 spaces (don't know if we knew that already).

I sure didn't(been out of the loop though). That's really strong, some might even say broken.

Heck I'll say it.