DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

According to this page, it's innate. Dark Flyer has both defiant magic  and triangle attack as mastery.

I'm still hoping that the class mastery skills that were datamined are just placeholders, since all but War monk/cleric get abilities that are already learn able. I'd like more variations in skills.

9 hours ago, Robertos said:

it seems like a skill that would’ve been more useful on an armoured unit (or perhaps a physical variation of the skill) rather than a flier.

A physical version would sound too good, since most FE enemies tend to be physical. Though given how underpowered playable armors are, +3 to all stats wouldn't be too potent, playable armor needs all the help it can get.

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If Alphard isn't secretly evil then I'm going to eat my shoes. Just looking at him makes it crystal clear he's just manipulating everyone. The fact that he's an anime priest only increases my suspicion. 

Either that or the Alphard we see during the side story is actually a slither goon impersonating him.

20 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm surprised no one has translated it yet. Generally seem to be on top of that for the most part.

Though one of the comments there mentions it having Distant Counter.

Maybe because it's not exactly on schedule

Famitsu preview with Ashen Wolves profiles: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202002/11192224.html

I believe this is the first time we've seen their personal skills. I can barely make anything out, but based on the icon it looks like Constance may have Unmask (Charlotte's personal skill from Fates), or some variation of it.

47 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm surprised no one has translated it yet. Generally seem to be on top of that for the most part.

Though one of the comments there mentions it having Distant Counter.

It's not distant counter. They just misunderstood something. The text basically says 'they have a "distant attack" combat art, which is a magic fist attack with range of 1-2'. So not a distant counter but a distance combat art.

16 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Do we have a precise timeframe for the release? It happens to be the 12th here already.

The previous updates released at 8:00 EST, so it should release around that time on the 12th (which would be the 13th in Europe and Japan).

23 minutes ago, Holder of the Heel said:

Really worried there won't be War Arc versions of the DLC characters. Figured we would have seen them by now if they existed.

They'll have them. One of the recent tweets they sent out mentioned "matured appearances in Part 2" or something to that effect. That plus the other evidence that has come up points to timeskip appearances.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The previous updates released at 8:00 EST, so it should release around that time on the 12th (which would be the 13th in Europe and Japan).

Wait, it comes out at 8 pm tomorrow?

17 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

They'll have them. One of the recent tweets they sent out mentioned "matured appearances in Part 2" or something to that effect. That plus the other evidence that has come up points to timeskip appearances.

Ahhh looking for that tweet online I see someone mentioning that "according to the datamine they have separate portrait and class model data for after the timeskip" and no one seems to be contradicting them.

Very cool.

Bought the DLC, hoping all the updates since launch will make the fourth playthrough in Silver Snow not just bearable but enjoyable. 🙂

1 hour ago, Holder of the Heel said:

Really worried there won't be War Arc versions of the DLC characters. Figured we would have seen them by now if they existed.

They will 2 sets of models were found in Datamine for each of the 4 characters for part 1 and 2 funnily Constance and Hapi had 2 chest size data the former increases while latter is identical. Compare to the faculty and knights(excluding Cyril) they only had one set while everyone else also had 2 sets of model data. 

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Thought so given Valkyrie is the only class left to be revealed tomorrow and clearer Famitsu scans are suppose to be up soon. At least its not midnight I get a pretty decent start!

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

18 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Thought so given Valkyrie is the only class left to be revealed tomorrow and clearer Famitsu scans are suppose to be up soon. At least its not midnight I get a pretty decent start!

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we also still missing the unique skill that Trickster has also? I know they get a Combat Art, but that isn't the same thing, unless the datamine was a bit off.

13 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we also still missing the unique skill that Trickster has also? I know they get a Combat Art, but that isn't the same thing, unless the datamine was a bit off.

Some of the other advanced classes only unlock a combat art upon mastery so I'm assuming trickster and war monk will be no different.  

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

1 hour ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Wait, it comes out at 8 pm tomorrow?

I'd like to be clear on this as well. I'm traveling on Thursday so I really hope it drops on the 12th or on midnight of 13th at the latest (I'm in the EST ofc).

Also quick question, do we know if the Ashen Wolves can be made dancers? I've been sitting near the beginning of my SS playthrough and haven't moved since the DLC trailer hoping that I could try out a new dancer instead of recycling Dorothea yet again.

1 hour ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

Some of the other advanced classes only unlock a combat art upon mastery so I'm assuming trickster and war monk will be no different.  

I was meaning the Class skill, not a Mastery skill. We knew Trickster had Stealth and Locktouch with an unknown third ability.

From ryokutya2089, details from this week's Famitsu issue:

About the DLC:

• Cindered Shadows is fairly difficult.
  • The developers guess it'll take about 8-10 hours to clear on Normal; since it's trickier than the main game, you can't blast through it as easily.
  • You'll unlock more and more stuff in the main game as you proceed through CS.

Free updates planned:

• A free update will let you have tea time with Rhea.
  • Byleth will be able to wear dancer clothes, but not become a dancer themselves.
  • You'll be able to change costumes from the free day menu, as well as change everyone's costumes at once.

Other tidbits:

• Reiterating that no golden route is planned, and they were actively against it since it would become the "right path" in fan's minds. (Well, one of the interviewees liked the idea, but it really was never planned. Too much like Fates!)
  • Maddening was really hard for them to balance, so they were happy with the release timing of it - letting people dig in once they'd familiarized themselves with the game.
  • They expect Intelligent Systems to put out a full OST at some point.
Edited by GSR