DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

On 2/10/2020 at 1:13 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Though there's also Catherine who's unusually tanned despite coming from the supposedly icy Faerghus. 

I think it's because she spends a huge amount of time outside training and/or fighting on a mission. She even has a lost item that even mentions she spends a lot of time outside.

If this is true, I wonder how gnarly her tan lines are.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm Hapi to announce, Valkyrie reveal.

Apparently its specialty is an Extra Range in both Black and White Magic AND Canto.

Valkyrie sounds busted af. Think of how good it could have been on units like Linhardt, Ferdinand, Sylvain, Lorenz, and Hanneman. A darn shame.

I believe it's Dark Magic Range + 1. In that case, Lysithea can now happily chase after the Death Knight because now she has a horse as well. With the added range, Thrysus, and S in Reason, they won't even need the mount anymore. Truly busted.

That being said, Edelgard, Dorothea, Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid, Lysithea, Marianne, Manuela, and Flayn will really be enjoying this class. Dorothea, Manuela, and Flayn will need to overcome a weakness, but once you get this class, you're set.

The added range makes Meteor/Bolting users even more deadly, so Dorothea, Manuela, and Hilda may do decently in this class. I know mage!Hilda is a bit of a meme, but it can work in theory. It's probably only viable in a GD run only though.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official site updated! And it seems we get the Foreseer back... if Google translates it correctly we can buy support points between two units (like Felix and Sylvain) for reputation. And we can 'destiny knot' them together... does this mean we can lock to a shared ending? That would be awesome.

This link has revealed their official full names:

• Yuri Leclerc (french pronunciation)(Lekler)
  • Constance von Nuvelle
  • Balthus von Adalbrecht (can someone locate this on the map)
  • Hapi (only one name)

20 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Anyone knows what time the dlc drops?

Our only clue so far is the time when Feb 12 PT and Feb 13 UTC coincides. So it's Feb 13th 12-8 AM UTC (Feb 12th 4 PM - 12 AM PT).

Edited by Jayvee94

23 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Anyone knows what time the dlc drops?

The Byleth DLC for smash dropped shortly after 12AM GMT (which is my time zone.) so I think it’ll probably be the same. So either it’s around 12AM GMT or 12AM your time zone.

35 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

This link has revealed their official full names:

• Yuri Leclerc (french pronunciation)(Lekler)
  • Constance von Nuvelle
  • Balthus von Adalbrecht (can someone locate this on the map)
  • Hapi (only one name)

Our only clue so far is the time when Feb 12 PT and Feb 13 UTC coincides. So it's Feb 13th 12-8 AM UTC (Feb 12th 4 PM - 12 AM PT).

I just gave the map a quick lookover and I don't think I saw Balthus's family name anywhere on it.

The Fortune teller is a fun addition, but I hope it's more than for just buying support points (which are basically thrown at you left, right and centre)

Can't wait to play it. Dark flier Ingrid and Valkyrie Lysithea will own the battlefield.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The previous updates released at 8:00 EST, so it should release around that time on the 12th (which would be the 13th in Europe and Japan).

Okay then. Thanks for the tip:)

26 minutes ago, Taho said:

The Fortune teller is a fun addition, but I hope it's more than for just buying support points (which are basically thrown at you left, right and centre)

Can't wait to play it. Dark flier Ingrid and Valkyrie Lysithea will own the battlefield.

I hope the 'star knot' they mentioned means the fortune teller will allow us to lock endings. Curently the paired endings are sort of random but if we can force some paired endings with his help... that would be nice.

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm Hapi to announce, Valkyrie reveal.

Apparently its specialty is an Extra Range in both Black and White Dark Magic AND Canto.

If that stacks with the S rank reason skill and the class doesn't have lower move than Dark Knight(which is unlikely, if anything they may be crazy enough to give it more), we are indeed looking at a pretty busted option, even if its OHKO potential will be limited.

44 minutes ago, Taho said:

08:00 EST is 01:00PM GMT, so it pretty much matches what Robertos said. Should be out in three and a half hours =D

Assumed they meant PM. Won't be the 13th in Europe or in Japan in 3 hours.

Edited by Cysx

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/28596

According to Google translate ( I know)

Cindered Shadows is fairly difficult route. The developers guess it'll take about 8-10 hours to clear on Normal; since it's harder than  than the main game less cheese-able. Stuff will be unlocked after proceeding deeper and deeper. There are no plans for a golden route due to all the issues it will cause. Maddening was difficult to balance well.

Happy to know that dlc would be rather lengthy, and a golden route will not be a thing.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1227525291016216582

oooo A way to ensure end pairing. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

To eloborate on the golden ending bit, they didn't want to invalidate any of the routes and it would be weird if they did the same thing as Fates. It's something they were against since the start of development. 

That's neat and it explains why they designed the characters the way they did. Can't have world peace if all of the leading powers have trust issues and refuse to talk to each other 😅.

I think 8-10 hours is a reasonable length for a side campaign, and the best part of the update is that now we have reaction images of Rhea drinking tea.

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

Assumed they meant PM. Won't be the 13th in Europe or in Japan in 3 hours.

This is obvious at this point, but yes I meant 8:00 PM EST. I apologize if I caused any confusion.

EDIT: Clear Famitsu pages are out and I tried to online translate everyone's personal skills:

Yuri: Attack +3 when not adjacent to an ally in a 1-distance battle.
Constance: Strength and Magic +3 when fighting indoors, Defense and Resistance +3 when fighting outdoors.
Balthus: When HP is 50% or less, Strength and Defense +6.
Hapi: All attacks are effective against monsters. More easily targeted by monsters.

Edited by Lightchao42

The fact that a golden route was never a consideration is music to my ears. I'm very glad they took into consideration not invalidating any of the routes.

People can't flock to the obvious "true ending" like Fates: Revelation. You'll have to think about what the best ending is for yourself.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

EDIT: Clear Famitsu pages are out and I tried to online translate everyone's personal skills:

Yuri: Attack +3 when not adjacent to an ally in a 1-distance battle
Constance: Magic +3 when fighting indoors, Defense +3 when fighting outdoors
Balthus: When HP is 50% or less, Defense +6
Hapi: All attacks are effective against monsters. More easily targeted by monsters? (I'm not sure about the last part)

For Constance, it's Strength and Magic +3 when indoors and Defense and Resistance + 3 when outdoors. For Balthus, it's Strength and Defense +6 when HP is less than 50%. I just wanted to clarify because I think you may have just missed those since they are separated by the "・" And Hapi's is correct, she's more easily targeted by monsters. 

2 minutes ago, Torii said:

For Constance, it's Strength and Magic +3 when indoors and Defense and Resistance + 3 when outdoors. For Balthus, it's Strength and Defense +6 when HP is less than 50%. I just wanted to clarify because I think you may have just missed those since they are separated by the "・" And Hapi's is correct, she's more easily targeted by monsters. 

Thank you, I'll edit my post so people can see it more easily.

And assuming the English voice actors aren't announced beforehand, once the patch drops I'm going to rewatch the credits (using my Crimson Flower autosave) to see if the new characters are added. We don't want their voice actors to be unknown for too long.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Thank you, I'll edit my post so people can see it more easily.

And assuming the English voice actors aren't announced beforehand, once the patch drops I'm going to rewatch the credits (using my Crimson Flower autosave) to see if the new characters are added. We don't want their voice actors to be unknown for too long.

That would be nice to know. I'm hoping the actors reveal themselves beforehand since that was a lot of fun. :)

Not bad personal skills Constance gets a power or defensive boost depending on the specific base terrain she's in, Hapi is a monster killer and magnet, Balthus gets essentially Defiant Atk/Def, Yuri while basic gets it done.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yuri: Attack +3 when not adjacent to an ally in a 1-distance battle.

Constance: Strength and Magic +3 when fighting indoors, Defense and Resistance +3 when fighting outdoors.
Balthus: When HP is 50% or less, Strength and Defense +6.
Hapi: All attacks are effective against monsters. More easily targeted by monsters.

Er... why are most of these leagues above what the rest of the cast gets? Not that I'm against the idea of strong personal skills, but...

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Er... why are most of these leagues above what the rest of the cast gets? Not that I'm against the idea of strong personal skills, but...

I honestly think Constance and Balthus personals are going to be fool's gold. Yuri's is in the same ballpark as Lorenz. Hapi's going to be very situational at best, because most mages get Seraphim anyway.

To elaborate on the fool's gold...6 defense "seems" like a lot, and I suppose it probably is early game, but beyond chapter 5 or so it probably won't do much. We also don't know what chapter you can recruit them to the main story. Things like vantage and wrath at <50% hp work because they make you avoid taking damage. If your tank is getting below 50% hp, 6 defense probably isn't going to save them. The instances where it does are going to be very limited, and you probably screwed up to be in that situation to begin with.

I can see +3 magic being pretty good, particularly when that gives you an extra range on rescue or warp...can't remember which she has. But most of the maps are outdoors. +3 defense and resist on someone who probably shouldn't be taking damage to begin with doesn't seem quite as good.

24 minutes ago, Burklight said:

I honestly think Constance and Balthus personals are going to be fool's gold. Yuri's is in the same ballpark as Lorenz. Hapi's going to be very situational at best, because most mages get Seraphim anyway.

To elaborate on the fool's gold...6 defense "seems" like a lot, and I suppose it probably is early game, but beyond chapter 5 or so it probably won't do much. We also don't know what chapter you can recruit them to the main story. Things like vantage and wrath at <50% hp work because they make you avoid taking damage. If your tank is getting below 50% hp, 6 defense probably isn't going to save them. The instances where it does are going to be very limited, and you probably screwed up to be in that situation to begin with.

I can see +3 magic being pretty good, particularly when that gives you an extra range on rescue or warp...can't remember which she has. But most of the maps are outdoors. +3 defense and resist on someone who probably shouldn't be taking damage to begin with doesn't seem quite as good.

I agree that Yuri isn't the most impressive(then again Lorenz' is really good, so...), but Seraphim is actually a pretty rare spell that only 4 characters learn(... dlc aside, there it is, I spoiled myself, shame on you, jk), only one of which is primarily a magic user(Lysithea). It's also, you know, 8 mt, usually with no faire, as opposed to a brave weapon or one with crit, for example. Then again, admittedly Hapi might have terribad strength. If the other part allows her to control monster AI, that's also pretty useful.

Def stacking is generally very strong, but also pretty rare. This could make him go from minimal damage to none very easily. Not to mention the 6 strength, or the ability to tank hits and reciprocate with Wrath, theoretically.

Constance admittedly could be inconvenient. But really, at the end of the day she gets free sizeable stat bonuses, and very few p.skills accomplish that much. That's the big thing, most p.skills in this game are pretty bad.

Edited by Cysx