DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are curious about Cindered Shadows' length, the Switch's news app states it's

Spoiler

seven chapters long.

As for the supports for the Ashen Wolves, it's the same as the datamined list. Additionally

Spoiler

Jeritza and Bernadetta can support now.

The new characters were added to the credits too. They're voiced by:

Yuri: Alejandro Saab
Balthus: Aaron Hedrick
Constance: Kirsten Day
Hapi: Christine Marie Cabanos
Aelfric: Michael Sinterniklaas

Edited by Lightchao42

Yuri's relic is ridiculous.  Mv +1, Canto, Aegis+Pavise.

Also, recruitment requirements for the Ashen Wolves in the main game (available from chapter 2 on):

Constance: clear ch. 2 of the side story
Balthus: clear ch. 4 of the side story
Hapi: clear ch. 5 of the side story
Yuri: clear ch. 6 of the side story

None of them act like they know Byleth when you go to see them in the main game - I wonder if that changes when you finish the side story.

Edited by GSR

Some initial stuff from Chapter 1: 

Spoiler
  • Balthus has a battle convo with Hilda, Ashe has one with Yuri. Not sure about the other two, but from a preliminary guess, it's probably Edelgard/Constance (Edel mentions House Nuvelle before the fight) and Linhardt/Hapi (just a guess based on Crests and stuff). 
  • Yuri's Relic seems pretty cool. The Fetters of Dromi is an equip item that gives +1 Move, has Aegis/Pavise, and allows the unit to move again. It doesn't appear to say that you need the Crest of Aubin to get those effects, so that sounds really strong.   
  • On Hard, the difficulty is fairly easy so far, imo. Still fun, though, but no gimmicks yet. 

17 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Some initial stuff from Chapter 1: 

Hide contents
  • Balthus has a battle convo with Hilda, Ashe has one with Yuri. Not sure about the other two, but from a preliminary guess, it's probably Edelgard/Constance (Edel mentions House Nuvelle before the fight) and Linhardt/Hapi (just a guess based on Crests and stuff). 
  • Yuri's Relic seems pretty cool. The Fetters of Dromi is an equip item that gives +1 Move, has Aegis/Pavise, and allows the unit to move again. It doesn't appear to say that you need the Crest of Aubin to get those effects, so that sounds really strong.   
  • On Hard, the difficulty is fairly easy so far, imo. Still fun, though, but no gimmicks yet. 

Spoiler

Just to add on to that, Claude also has a battle convo with Balthus, and Edelgard does indeed have one with Constance.  Not sure about Hapi (I sniped her with Ashe/Claude, and neither of them have one with her).

Mastery Skills for New Classes:

Spoiler

Trickster: Duelist's Blow (Avo +20 when initiating combat)
War Monk/Cleric: Brawl Avo +20
Valkyrie: Uncanny Blow (Hit +30 when initiating combat)
Dark Flier: None?

Mastery Combat Arts: 

Spoiler

War Monk/Cleric: Pneuma Gale - Magic attack, 1-2 range, Hit +10, Mt +7
Trickster: Foul Play - Swap with any unit in range 1-5. 
Valkyrie: None

Additionally, Balthus's Relic Combat Art, Eviscerate, calculates damage based off the lower defensive stat and adds 10 Mt/Crit/Hit. 

58 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

War Phase designs

Hide contents

OMG!!!!

Spoiler

Hapi looks AMAZING. Like wow. Also Yuri also looks surprisingly dashing. Balthus looks very similar (not surprising), and Constance?! Ghurl? Are you okay??!

1 hour ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Mastery Skills for New Classes:

Reveal hidden contents

Trickster: Duelist's Blow (Avo +20 when initiating combat)
War Monk/Cleric: Brawl Avo +20
Valkyrie: Uncanny Blow (Hit +30 when initiating combat)

Spoiler

Dark Flier's Mastery is Transmute, I turned Constance back to a Noble to verify.

On the Masteries:

Spoiler

Duelist Blow sounds like another nice tool for dodgetanks, albeit not too good b/c PP only. Brawl Avoid +20 is in the same boat, albeit not for fliers/cavs obviously.

Why "Uncanny Blow"? It was Certain Blow in Fates.

Foul Play could see some use on physical/no Rescue units mages, all for the sake of setting up a better Warp.

Pneuma Gale... it doesn't blow me away. Mixed War Monks/Clerics would rather cast a spell, but maybe it has a niche on a pure physical one who didn't grab Death Blow? Or a ranged chip more likely.

38 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

God, Constance is so hammy and I f***ing LOVE IT. Definitely up there among best girls.

Balthus and Yuri are cool too. Hapi I still haven't seen enough of her to decide.

Yeah, Constance is hilarious to watch and listen to. 

Huge props to Kirsten Day on the voice performance. I'd say it rivals the best in the game. 😄

7 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dark Flier's Mastery is Transmute, I turned Constance back to a Noble to verify.

Spoiler

Huh, that's strange. So it's considered a Class ability when in Dark Flier and a regular one when you're not. Interesting.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Uhh... you DID finish Torna, right?😛 Fine, take your golden route, but b/c it involved excessive time-travel Byleth ages into a prune at the end and only by a miracle is reborn as a 6-year-old with all their memories eradicated. The teacher becomes the student.

But it's hard to not want a Torna-quality DLC deal. For all the corners they cut on it -the other two Titans Malos sunk are totally and mostly ignored respectively to name one- it was still an excellent addition.

Torna and everything else in the XC2 DLC was worth it Corvin > Torna, shame I can't say that of most of this DLC deal. I want the new characters, but the price for them when the DLC has little else of substance, I find myself soberly pulled back from the temptation of spending for it.

Yes I did lol. And yes, that most certainly wasn't a happy ending, but we all knew that going in. XP

My point was more about the quality of the Torna DLC more than the ending, but yeah I wish this DLC was spanning more than just the depths of the Church's basement. Torna may have  been small, but it was dense in content and rich in lore, so I'm hoping we get something approaching it in similarity for 3H.

Ok, as long as Edelgard and Dimitri get equal parental custody of 6 year old Byleth. Claude can babysit. Good enough of a happy ending for me~

And since it seems the DLC has dropped, I'm off to avoid spoilers. Happy Abyss Times everyone!

Edited by Silver Lightning

2 hours ago, Aiddon said:

War Phase designs

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I had seen Constance design earlier and thought it was photoshopped Edelgard. Very disappointed to see it's real.

I'm loving the rest though. Yuri especially looks quite dashing.

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Hide contents

I had seen Constance design earlier and thought it was photoshopped Edelgard. Very disappointed to see it's real.

I'm loving the rest though. Yuri especially looks quite dashing.

To you but its very AMAZING to me!

2 hours ago, Tombstone88 said:
  Hide contents

Just to add on to that, Claude also has a battle convo with Balthus, and Edelgard does indeed have one with Constance.  Not sure about Hapi (I sniped her with Ashe/Claude, and neither of them have one with her).

Ashe and Yuri have a convo ch 1. You figure out who's parent is Yuri's

Here's a link to the S Support Images~

Spoiler

Constance has the best one by far. The background is so beautiful and Coco looks amazing.

Hapi and Yuri look very attractive as well, and definitely in love.

Balthus looks like a fun guy.

I have a little theory I just started playing the DLC but I have some thoughts. 

Spoiler

That the Ashen wolfs are the Apostles themselves they just fabricated theses stories though the more I play the more it doesn't make sense considering how some are aqcuintanced with other characters and grow up within the 5 years. 

Looking forward to knowing what Hapi's secret trully is. I really like Yuri and Constance so far. The timeskip designs look gorgeous. 

Finished all 7 chapters on Hard Classic. Not sure if I got bad level ups or what but Edelgard was borderline useless for me. By chapter 6, the war masters were doing 40 damage (20 x 2) in one turn to her.

It was a pretty fun challenge. I'd place its difficulty right between Hard and Maddening. Funnily enough, out of all the chapters, the last one was probably the easiest.