DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I enjoy her. It's like Clair. lol

Oh god she IS Clair. We’ve got her and Leon. I am concerned if I went back and looked at Shadows of Valencia I’d find Hapi and Balthus as well.

Haven’t got far yet in the DLC and haven’t seen supports so hopefully it isn’t quite that simple lol.

Edited by Holder of the Heel

Since I found out that you just need to be in Part II to access the Shadow Library's books, I compiled all the texts into this album. As far as I can tell it doesn't have any spoilers for Cindered Shadows, so its safe to view if you haven't finished it.

45 minutes ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

Do we know if any of them have paralouges in the main game or not?  If so any prerequisites outside recruiting them?

The download update does say there are new Paralogues in the main story, so I assume so.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since I found out that you just need to be in Part II to access the Shadow Library's books, I compiled all the texts into this album. As far as I can tell it doesn't have any spoilers for Cindered Shadows, so its safe to view if you haven't finished it.

Just in case:

Spoiler

Claude's named after his mom! That's neat.

Wonder who the "beast" she was supposed to marry was...

The letters to a mysterious noble confuses me a bit. From the description the noble is very much talking about house Daphnel splitting in two and one of its sons defecting to the Kingdom in order to start house Galethia. It seems to fit perfectly with what the Monastery library tells us about house Daphnel with half of it defecting to the Kingdom and taking the lance of Luin with it. But then it turns out the letter was written

Spoiler

by Claude's mom who's not a member of house Daphnel. 

I find it interesting how Rhea didn't want humanity to progress by banning various inventions. I wounder how ancient  is the 3h would if there has been several calendars in place. This just gives more questions about the world of Fódlan.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I find it interesting how Rhea didn't want humanity to progress by banning various inventions. I wounder how ancient  is the 3h would if there has been several calendars in place. This just gives more questions about the world of Fódlan.

And in Silver Snow ending Blyeth was riding on an automobile like device.

Personally I think the Letter to a Mysterious Noble is about the Daphnel/Galatea split, and that

Spoiler

Claude's mother just named him after Claudia von Riegan (since Claudia and Claude's mother both eloped to be with someone they loved). Claudia's lover is said to have a Crest, and Claude's father is the king of Almyra so he probably doesn't have one. Claudia's also listed as the second daughter of House Riegan and Claude's mother doesn't have any sisters.

Incidentally, this letter means that Claude is distantly related to Judith.

The Fragments of a Forgotten Memoir suggest that

Spoiler

the 10 Elites were more innocent in regard to Nemesis's crimes than we previously thought. Presumably they didn't participate in his massacre of the Nabateans and they only got their Crests and Relics afterwards.

And lastly, The Burnt Remnants of a Report have interesting implications on Fódlan's history...

Spoiler

Namely, it suggests that the revolution that led to the founding of Faerghus was backed by Those Who Slither in the Dark, and that they also contributed to the founding of Leicester by assassinating Klaus I and forging his will. This makes Edelgard's accusations of Rhea splitting up the Empire rather ironic, since it was actually her allies who did so.

Oh, and Count Gloucester apparently has a history of assassinating members of House Riegan. Good thing Lorenz didn't pick up that habit.

Edited by Lightchao42

Lindhardt does say there are some forgeries in the shadow library with the historical text. So I'll take everything in there  with a grain of salt. Especially that part about the Slithers conspiracy that just seems to simple to state that they were behind it.

I remember there was a debate about Edelgard claimed the secret history was an oral tradition by emperors, people were arguing if TWISTD has twisted this traditional. The new fragment seem to suggest that TWISTD misinformation operations were much earlier than previous thought, thus they might also be the reason behind imperial secret being different than church’s 

Interestingly, Edelgard/Wilhelm's claim that Seiros killed then 10 Elites to recover their Heroes' Relics was indeed accurate, as one of the text in the abyss heavily implies (if not outright states) their clans/houses were spared but not the elites themselves.

Edited by Moltz23

50 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So tech withholding is actually a thing... not so surprising all things said, Catholic Church in real life could be a bit nitpicky about some aspects of progress.

30 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I remember there was a debate about Edelgard claimed the secret history was an oral tradition by emperors, people were arguing if TWISTD has twisted this traditional. The new fragment seem to suggest that TWISTD misinformation operations were much earlier than previous thought, thus they might also be the reason behind imperial secret being different than church’s 

Well... I would not actually call this a surprise. To break Adrestia and Faerghus like they did, the Mole Men had to start far earlier than Duscur and the Seven to manage the level of infiltration necessary. It was fairly logical to assume they would have been trying this for a while, and breaking up the continent's unity like that would have very much been in their interest.

Nice expansion of the lore here. And the rest of the DLC just looks as good as this.

Not gonna shy away from spoilers since I'm still on the fence about paying for the season's pass to get this DLC since honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the past 3 waves of DLC. Plus you'd basically have to play through all three houses to get the full experience of this DLC because of the supports with the Lords, and I'm not ready to do that quite yet. Already have a backlog of video games on top of new games coming out soon, namely Animal Crossing which is gonna take over my life haha.

Will keep checking on on this thread to get more infos and to see what folks's opinions are of the DLC. I do wonder if there will be any future DLC, whether paid DLC or continued free DLC. AT this point hasn't 3H been the best selling FE game? Intys could do more with this game is they so chose to. Unless they can;t to focus on future projects, plus this games development mostly came from Keoi, so who who knows.

About Sitri, I had a very dark thought about her ending:

Spoiler

What if she didn't really die 21 years ago, but was hibernating like Sothis, Flayn and Byleth? Consider Alfrec never mentions her chest wound where Rhea removed her heart from, and the fact she was not decomposing at all, suggesting her wounds might have healed up, and that Rhea kept her away hoping she would wake up again one day.

That would also mean she was forced turn into a monster in the end, and Byleth literally killed their own mother.

In the similar way, if Byleth ended up with Silver Snow's "bad ending" (didn't get A support with Rhea thus have to kill her as well), it would mean that Byleth knowingly killed both their mother and daughter.

Edited by Timlugia

17 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

About Sitri, I had a very dark thought about her ending:

Hide contents

What if she didn't really die 21 years ago, but was hibernating like Sothis, Flayn and Byleth? Consider Alfrec never mentions her chest wound where Rhea removed her heart from, and the fact she was not decomposing at all, suggesting her wounds might have healed up, and that Rhea kept her away hoping she would wake up again one day.

That would also mean she was forced turn into a monster in the end, and Byleth literally killed their own mother.

In the similar way, if Byleth ended up with Silver Snow's "bad ending" (didn't get A support with Rhea thus have to kill her as well), it would mean that Byleth knowingly killed both their mother and daughter.

Spoiler

What I didn't understand about the final boss is who it really is. Edelgard I think said that it absorbed them both but the beast was saying Sitri. Or she was just part of it and that's why Byleth killed her essentially. 

Playing through the DLC on Hard Classic. It was challenging and interesting enough, but Chapter 6 is insane. It may be because I'm going all in with offensive tactics and I have more time than I realize, but still.

Spoiler

Bolting. Bolting Everywhere. Also, the enemy formation is pretty solid making it difficult to get your scattered allies to safety without them dying to somebody. I spent a good hour last night trying out different strategies but someone would always end up dying. (My best run was with Retribution Edelgard that managed to kill 3 of the mages, but someone else died and I couldn't replicate it.)

I could try waiting until the Boltings are expired before moving out as I haven't tried that yet. However, I'm gonna try Solo Retribution Byleth while playing defensively with the rest and see what happens. If I can just get rid of those Bolt Mages, I'll have room to maneuver properly.

15 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Hide contents

What I didn't understand about the final boss is who it really is. Edelgard I think said that it absorbed them both but the beast was saying Sitri. Or she was just part of it and that's why Byleth killed her essentially. 

Spoiler

After you killed the beast, Rhea said Stiri's soul could finally be at peace, making me further believe that Stiri was probably alive, and the monster was at least part of her.

Ironically, this is also the same location in Silver Snow ending but with Rhea.

12 minutes ago, Sire said:

Playing through the DLC on Hard Classic. It was challenging and interesting enough, but Chapter 6 is insane. It may be because I'm going all in with offensive tactics and I have more time than I realize, but still.

Hide contents

Bolting. Bolting Everywhere. Also, the enemy formation is pretty solid making it difficult to get your scattered allies to safety without them dying to somebody. I spent a good hour last night trying out different strategies but someone would always end up dying. (My best run was with Retribution Edelgard that managed to kill 3 of the mages, but someone else died and I couldn't replicate it.)

I could try waiting until the Boltings are expired before moving out as I haven't tried that yet. However, I'm gonna try Solo Retribution Byleth while playing defensively with the rest and see what happens. If I can just get rid of those Bolt Mages, I'll have room to maneuver properly.

I haven't gotten that far yet, but if it's anything even remotely similar to the final chapter of BL...wouldn't it be best to use hero Dimitri for free vantage with retribution?

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:
  Hide contents

After you killed the beast, Rhea said Stiri's soul could finally be at peace, making me further believe that Stiri was probably alive, and the monster was at least part of her.

Ironically, this is also the same location in Silver Snow ending but with Rhea.

Spoiler

It makes sense that she would be, or at least be alive enough to not just bury. Sitri fits in the realm of "maybe Nabatean", I can see Rhea leaving her to dragonsleep in case she'd be able to wake up again. Byleth was able to, after all, and Rhea seemed a lot fonder of Sitri than the main game left me thinking. I could see her hoping her daughter would one day awaken, even if it was never likely...

Makes me think, though, that the Chalice almost certainly wasn't made to restore Sothis. Instead, I'd wager that it's something she made and used to create the Nabateans in the first place. (Also, as an item the Chalice is... very good. Immunity to any effective damage types is nice and all, but Distant Counter on whoever equips it? No more needing retribution gambits to cheese Hegemon Edelgard, I guess.)

3 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

Interestingly, Edelgard/Wilhelm's claim that Seiros killed then 10 Elites to recover their Heroes' Relics was indeed accurate, as one of the text in the abyss heavily implies (if not outright states) their clans/houses were spared but not the elites themselves.

Interesting. There was a bit of a discussion on the topic of what exactly happened to them so its nice to see it cleared up.

I just finished the DLC and I have a question for the main game. Does the Cindered Shadows joins even if it was an old save in part1? At which chapter can we access the abyss? Thanks! It seems we can't access it in chapter 1 ; so I guess it'll unlock in chapter 3 but I want to know first before playing for nothing ^^

1 minute ago, Metakirby said:

I just finished the DLC and I have a question for the main game. Does the Cindered Shadows joins even if it was an old save in part1? At which chapter can we access the abyss? Thanks! It seems we can't access it in chapter 1 ; so I guess it'll unlock in chapter 3 but I want to know first before playing for nothing ^^

Abyss can be accessed starting from Chapter 2, and the Ashen Wolves can be recruited throughout Part I.

I'm done with Chapter 2 and it was longer than I expected. If I have any thoughts to share I'll put them in spoilers, like I am now.

Spoiler

I think the idea of multiple waves is interesting, but I couldn't tell how many there would be or when it would be over. It was nice to see the Death Knight again, but unfortunately he didn't defeat any of the enemies for me. I found that he has a battle conversation with Constance, who recognizes his fighting stance, so it seems that she and Jeritza have a history together.

Byleth's mom has a name now, praise Sothis! We learn more about her and Jeralt through Aelfric, who turns out to have been friends with both. Jeralt was basically the same as he is now, and Sitri was kind and liked books, but was frail and never left the monastery. She was also unemotional unless Jeralt was around, so Byleth didn't fall too far from the tree in that regard. We also learn about the Rite of Rising and how it can apparently revive the dead. I wonder if the Four Apostles were Nabateans or humans with Crests.

I'm guessing Aelfric is actually Snape and he's in love with Sitri. Maybe he wants to use the Rite of Rising to bring her back to life? Maybe having the descendants of the Four Apostles be in Abyss at the same time was planned by someone...

Got my first real 3H game over in Ch. 3. Bah, really not a fan of chapter 3. If you're going to nerf our resources compared to the main game then don't put Kaga level troll gameplay plot twists in a level.

Spoiler

The lever being completely RNG would be fine if there were no spawning in reinforcements but as it stands not one of my units could even survive a "Fake RNG lever" which makes this such a troll move. 

Yeah I'm going from Hard to normal since I've heard people say similar things about other maps.

4 hours ago, Hardric62 said:

So tech withholding is actually a thing... not so surprising all things said, Catholic Church in real life could be a bit nitpicky about some aspects of progress.

Well I havent played the dlc until now, but that would bring a nice new component to the conflict. It brings a lot of backup for Edelgards claim that the manaketes are holding back humanity while on the other side beeing totally reasonable actions from Rheas Point of View. Just imagine beeing one of the few survivors of a nuclear holocaust, taking almost everything that was dear to you .... just to see humans developing the same technologies that brought destruction to the entire world once again... would you really let them do it? Knowing well that this time their is no genereous godess that can heal the wounds of the world when humanity f***s up at some point in the future.