DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

21 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

I agree that she acts less suspicious here (still has her moments though) but I'm not sure that's enough to be considered being put in a"much more" sympathetic light.

Hide contents

What do you mean by nullfies "the conspiracy sub plot" ? (leaving aside that there is absolutely a conspiracy and the DLC only adds additional bits and evidence to it)  From the cutscene I remember mentioning anything similar Byleth is the one that can (possibly, it's a bit vauge) allude to their current heartbeat (and even then it's unclear exactly what Byleth says out loud or if Rhea picked up on the implication) Rhea just brings up that Sitri willingly offered up her heart and that it was the only way for them to be saved. Nowhere does Rhea say that is the reason they don't have a heartbeat (or the other symptoms Jeralt noticed in his child) nor does she elaborate further on what exactly getting thier mother's heart entails/means.

Spoiler

One of major subplots in base game was after death of Jeralt, Byleth read his diary where Jeralt expressed major distrust of Rhea after Sitri died from the childbirth and Byleth had no heartbeat, implying to player Rhea had some questionable experiment on Byleth. And it was the reason why Jearlt fled from the church.

In DLC Byleth could directly confront Rhea about this (even they haven't read the diary at this point yet), as one of options was asking Rhea if they have no heartbeat has to do with Sitri's death, at the point Rhea would told them most of the truth, including how she removed heart to Sitri to give to Byleth (except the part she created Sitri), and Byleth seems to satisfied with the answer.

By the time Byleth read the diary in chapter 10, they already know the truth around their birth. Thus I argue DLC makes the whole "diary conspiracy" far less powerful for Byleth.

==============

3 minutes ago, Hardric62 said:

Also, 'naive about the true nature of the Mole Men'? Why exactly do everyone assume Edelgard just blindly trust everything the Mole Men say, when lack of trust is one of her defining character traits?

It's actually not mole man we were talking about here, it her father the late emperor we are talking about.

Edelgard claim her "truth" about crests and Nemesis were passed down from the emperor all the way back to John Wilhelm.

There was always debate about if TWISTD somehow infiltrated imperial court and mislead this secret history, since her version is completely different than all other sources.

Edited by Timlugia

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Timlugia said:
  Hide contents

One of major subplots in base game was after death of Jeralt, Byleth read his diary where Jeralt expressed major distrust of Rhea after Sitri died from the childbirth and Byleth had no heartbeat, implying to player Rhea had some questionable experiment on Byleth. And it was the reason why Jearlt fled from the church.

In DLC Byleth could directly confront Rhea about this (even they haven't read the diary at this point yet), as one of options was asking Rhea if they have no heartbeat has to do with Sitri's death, at the point Rhea would told them most of the truth, including how she removed heart to Sitri to give to Byleth (except the part she created Sitri), and Byleth seems to satisfied with the answer.

By the time Byleth read the diary in chapter 10, they already know the truth around their birth. Thus I argue DLC makes the whole "diary conspiracy" far less powerful for Byleth.

==============

It's actually not mole man we were talking about here, it her father the late emperor we are talking about.

Edelgard claim her "truth" about crests and Nemesis were passed down from the emperor all the way back to John Wilhelm.

There was always debate about if TWISTD somehow infiltrated imperial court and mislead this secret history, since her version is completely different than all other sources.

Okay can you give the name of the scene? And answering any of my other points because frankly what your saying doesn't match with what I got out of the dlc. (Or the main game for that matter) 

Edited by goodperson707

4 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Okay can you give the name of the scene? And answering any of my other points because frankly what your saying doesn't match with what I got out of the dlc. (Or the main game for that matter) 

Rhea stated that Byleth was a stillborn (dead on delivery) in Silver Snow cutscene Rampage, but that wasn't what Jeralt was questioning: infant mortality rate in those days were 1 in 3, (while Maternal death was 1 in 10) and  It was kind expected that could happen. Even my grandparents had siblings died at birth and this was in 20th century already.

What Jeralt was questioning was how Byleth has no heartbeat and wonder what Rhea did to Byleth, which was answered early by the DLC (rather than in the end of Silver Snow). It's also the reason he set the fire, and warn Byleth to guard against Rhea. DLC is now making all these "discovery" far less powerful since Byleth already know most of it 5 chapters ahead.

Jeralt (in his diary):" But no heartbeat!"

Byleth(post DLC): "Rhea already told me it's because she implanted Sitri's heart to save me"

As for why his implanted heart has no beat, that I don't know, maybe it works like a left ventricular assist device, by pushing blood flow constantly thus having no heartbeat or measurable blood pressure.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

The scene you are talking about is CF's scene where Edelgard talks about how Rhea/Seiros distributed the Relics. I, and Jingle Jangle, are talking about Edelgard's affirmations that the Church was the one who divided the Empire to affirm its strength on the continent, and the 'reveal' the Mole Men did it (of course they did). I objected to the interpretation it means Edelgard is a naive fool believing everything the Mole Men say.

8 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Rhea stated that Byleth was a stillborn (dead on delivery) in Silver Snow cutscene Rampage, but that wasn't what Jeralt was questioning: infant mortality rate in those days were 1 in 3, (while Maternal death was 1 in 10) and  It was kind expected that could happen. Even my grandparents had siblings died at birth and this was in 20th century already.

What Jeralt was questioning was how Byleth has no heartbeat and wonder what Rhea did to Byleth, which was answered early by the DLC (rather than in the end of Silver Snow). It's also the reason he set the fire, and warn Byleth to guard against Rhea. DLC is now making all these "discovery" far less powerful since Byleth already know most of it 5 chapters ahead.

Jeralt (in his diary):" But no heartbeat!"

Byleth(post DLC): "Rhea already told me it's because she implanted Sitri's heart to save me"

As for why his implanted heart has no beat, that I don't know, maybe it works like a left ventricular assist device, by pushing blood flow constantly thus having no heartbeat or measurable blood pressure.

Okay what scene is it, because the scene I watched didn't really have anything to do with Byleth's current lack of heartbeat (as said Byleth can allude to it but that's it) but the circumstances of their birth and lack of hearbeat/being still born. 

And again the lack of heartbeat (but iirc they did have a pulse which I think is synonymous with blood pressure here) wasn't the only symptom that concerned Jeralt. (Nor do I believe that Byleth's condition was Jeralt's only concern with Rhea) 

One of the banned book "The Feast of Decadence" also caught my interest:

It described Imperial feasts to celebrate victory of Nemesis, on one page it described an opera showing Emperor Wilhelm pulled Saint Seiros into close embrace...

Maybe the imperial line was a real blood line rather than simple blood transfusion? How many mortal men have Rhea developed a relationship with? and maybe Jeralt was also one?

31 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

It described Imperial feasts to celebrate victory of Nemesis, on one page it described an opera showing Emperor Wilhelm pulled Saint Seiros into close embrace...

Maybe the imperial line was a real blood line rather than simple blood transfusion? How many mortal men have Rhea developed a relationship with? and maybe Jeralt was also one?

Pretty sure it was mentioned that Seteth banned that one, and given his character and the other book he banned I thinks it's more likely it's just a non-historically accurate trashy romance novel. 

2 hours ago, Timlugia said:

The book is about Lycaon III, aka, Not I, aka unknown number of years after the War of Heroes. It is also said it is a marriage feast in the first part of it. You will also note that the start of the part where they are mentioned say 'clown dressed as Saint Seiros' and 'criminal dressed as Nemesis', aka, a piece played for a marriage feast.

For the relationship... Dicey. CF Rhea does talk fondly of Wilhelm at Tailten, but speak of 'his scion', not 'our scion'.

If I understand the previous comments correctly, the chapters of the DLC reveal things well before specific chapters of the main game.

But if let's say chapters 6 and 7 of the DLC are played after chapter 10 of the main game, wouldn't it make more sense concerning Rhea's revelation?

Or is it that the DLC plot doesn't make sense anymore if the chapters are not played in a row?

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

If I am currently playing or have finished Cindered Shadows, how long does it take to gain access to Abyss in the main story?

Straight from Ch 2.

Couple of minor nitpicks that bother me:

1: There's still an option on the main menu to go to the eShop. Why? You can't buy the individual DLCs separately, so the only thing to buy is the Season Pass. The Side Story option should have replaced eShop on the menu.

2: WHY CAN'T I WEAR MY GLASSES IN ABYSS?! THIS IS BULLSHIT! ZERO OUT OF TEN! IS I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY BACK!

For real, though, I thought it was cool that I could give Byleth glasses, since I wear them. I am disappoint.

2 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Straight from Ch 2.

1: There's still an option on the main menu to go to the eShop. Why? You can't buy the individual DLCs separately, so the only thing to buy is the Season Pass. The Side Story option should have replaced eShop on the menu.

2: WHY CAN'T I WEAR MY GLASSES IN ABYSS?! THIS IS BULLSHIT! ZERO OUT OF TEN! IS I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY BACK!

For real, though, I thought it was cool that I could give Byleth glasses, since I wear them. I am disappoint.

Ok thanks. BTW once you complete Cindered Shadows once, is there benefits to replaying it again? Just wondering.

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Straight from Ch 2.

Yeah I'm pretty mystified by this point. They have an area to change costume yet don't provide any of the actual options from the game. Maybe once it's cleared once or something? I don't know. Seems needlessly limiting. Why bother have the costume change at all if it's going to remove almost all the options?

Sooo I'm done with it. Didn't necessarily plan on writing down my impressions, but I have a question and a rant, so might as well
Edit: Tell you what, Imma spoiler tag it, though. I don't really reveal stuff in there but, still.

Spoiler

I think it's going to see a lot of criticism, because, well, there's a lot to criticize. Most importantly, there's clearly a degree of laziness present within multiple aspects of this dlc(just like others, I can't help but compare it to Torna, and, well, yeah, Torna wins). Quite a few times I wished they'd have gone the extra mile. It was also too short, and more of a nitpick but, I think Hapi and Constance's gimmicks or Yuri's motivations wouldn't have been too difficult to improve, which circles back to that extra mile thing, so moving on.

I enjoyed it. I can think of many improvements - more come to me every instant I keep on writing - but for what it was I had a good time, and this likely is their best offer yet in terms of dlc; that's kind of what I want to emphasize, they're improving, and that's good, so maybe let's not be too harsh. The new characters are nice, so were the maps, liked the abyss, music was sparse but good, difficulty balancing was generally spot on, and I do like the entire premise of having semi-locked characters. New classes are actually more balanced than I gave them credit for and I think ultimately enhance the original material, but I do have one reservation, hence the question...

Constance didn't have her class mastery skill. That's because it's galeforce, right? Can someone confirm?

As for the rant, well I just want to give my sincere thanks to all these youtube channels gratuitously putting the new characters' post timeskip designs as the thumbnail of their support compilation videos, less than 48 hours post-release. Appreciate how little care you have for other people's enjoyment of things, I really do.

Edited by Cysx

10 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

Pretty sure it was mentioned that Seteth banned that one, and given his character and the other book he banned I thinks it's more likely it's just a non-historically accurate trashy romance novel. 

Seteth also banned a few books that were too close to the truth, like depiction of Immaculate One (despite she's already on all church mural and flags, not sure what's the point of censorship here). Seteth also only officially joined church a few years ago, means the book was allowed in the past long before

Another thing is this drama was part of imperial marriage feast of Lycanon III, during the time empire was very close to the church. In fact Rhea might have been personally preset there.

I wonder if church would allow such display if they considered it non-hisotrical or even falsely depicting Seiros

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Constance didn't have her class mastery skill. That's because it's galeforce, right? Can someone confirm?

Constance did have her Mastery, it's her Transmute Class skill, but they don't allow you to stack it. All you have to do is turn her back to a Noble to confirm.

Edited by Gamer76252

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Sooo I'm done with it. Didn't necessarily plan on writing down my impressions, but I have a question and a rant, so might as well
Edit: Tell you what, Imma spoiler tag it, though. I don't really reveal stuff in there but, still.

Hide contents

I think it's going to see a lot of criticism, because, well, there's a lot to criticize. Most importantly, there's clearly a degree of laziness present within multiple aspects of this dlc(just like others, I can't help but compare it to Torna, and, well, yeah, Torna wins). Quite a few times I wished they'd have gone the extra mile. It was also too short, and more of a nitpick but, I think Hapi and Constance's gimmicks or Yuri's motivations wouldn't have been too difficult to improve, which circles back to that extra mile thing, so moving on.

I enjoyed it. I can think of many improvements - more come to me every instant I keep on writing - but for what it was I had a good time, and this likely is their best offer yet in terms of dlc; that's kind of what I want to emphasize, they're improving, and that's good, so maybe let's not be too harsh. The new characters are nice, so were the maps, liked the abyss, music was sparse but good, difficulty balancing was generally spot on, and I do like the entire premise of having semi-locked characters. New classes are actually more balanced than I gave them credit for and I think ultimately enhance the original material, but I do have one reservation, hence the question...

As for the rant, well I just want to give my sincere thanks to all these youtube channels gratuitously putting the new characters' post timeskip designs as the thumbnail of their support compilation videos, less than 48 hours post-release. Appreciate how little care you have for other people's enjoyment of things, I really do.

Dark Flier’s Mastery Skill is actually Transmute. When you’re in Dark Flier, it counts as a Class Skill, but when you’re in another class, it’s a personal skill. 

23 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

Constance did have her Mastery, it's her Transmute Class skill, but they don't allow you to stack it. All you have to do is turn her back to a Noble to confirm.

22 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Dark Flier’s Mastery Skill is actually Transmute. When you’re in Dark Flier, it counts as a Class Skill, but when you’re in another class, it’s a personal skill. 

Thank you.

So they really did opt not to destroy the game with this dlc... though I'm obviously speaking way too quickly here.