DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed almost 13h to beat it on hard classic, I'm a pretty slow player though.

That aside, the man who analyzes your characters in the abyss is a pretty interesting addition. It confirmed that my endgame Edel had trash Str, with a lot whole of one star. 5 stars in HP, Def and Charm though, I guess that's why she was a nice enough tank. 

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Nope. Never do on my first playthroughs. The only thing I skip is combat usually, so maybe that's it.

Isn't cutscene alone more than 45 minutes? So you beat each level within 30 minutes?

=======

Went back to my base game save, and realized that nether east side on Monastery nor west annex of Cathedral was unlock, there is still this weird tree in the middle of road next to graveyard.

I thought Ashen Wolves would move into the east wing dorms, but instead they mostly stayed in Abyss, leaving east wing still unused.

Maybe it's a hint there still room for future expansion? As far as we know neither IniSys nor Koei announce anything beyond this update so far.

Edited by Timlugia

Since i just finished it, here are my thoughts.

Finished in about 10 Hours on Hard/Classic.

Honestly, i think it should'Ve been 15€. Would've been fine then. 25€ is a bit too much.

Ch4 is the hardest and best chapter. Final boss was ez pz.

Characters were fine, but need fleshing out, which i guess will happen in supports in main game. 

Yuri is IS listening to fan complaints and giving the fanbase a 'bi Claude' xD

Lore & Story Spoilers

Spoiler

Rhea had literally nothing to do with Fodlan politics and screw ups. Edelgard being wrong again, who would've thought? There isn't a single thing she's right about...

Rhea did, however, slow down the advance of technology. 

The books also imply how the war went, and how Nemesis followers don't exactly know the whole deal with Seiros. Seiros did, however, spare their clans. Probably the reason she came up with the whole fake Story. For Peace and for not another Witch hunt to happen (either against Elite Clans or remaining Nabateans.)

Some Agarthan Story about some flood that reminds me of Tellius flood hmmm.

Also, Rhea x Wilhelm OTP. Does that mean Edelgard waged war against her ancestor...?

Linhardt does say however that the books that have these info might be forgeries, so....

Edited by Shrimperor

Spoiler
22 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Rhea did, however, slow down the advance of technology. 

Was it specified which one? I ask because I imagine she wouldn't appreciate technology requiring FOSSIL FUELS.

Does anyone have data to the 4 new character's Seminars and Advanced Drills?

Edited by Jayvee94

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:
  Hide contents

Was it specified which one? I ask because I imagine she wouldn't appreciate technology requiring FOSSIL FUELS.

Does anyone have data to the 4 new character's Seminars and Advanced Drills.

I remember some of said tech was opposed by Rhea herself, while others were by other church leaders such as cardinals.

Also does anyone know why the cooking book was banned? Is there some secret message I didn't pick up?

-----------

Just rechecked the Church library after reading a post on Reddit

Turned out that Church indeed claimed Emperors traced their lineage to Seiros, making the story from the banned book even more likely.

As the goddess's sword, Seiros wards away evil.
As the goddess's child, Seiros makes emperors of mortals.
As the goddess's wings, Seiros elevates her people.
As the goddess's voice, Seiros spreads the word of love.

In addition to the first emperor,
its lineage is also traced back to Saint Seiros herself, which is why
generations of emperors are believed to bear the Crest of Seiros.

Edited by Timlugia

29 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Please tell me none of the later chapters are as bad as 3 and 4. Holy shit, they were awful.

6 is only bad with the Bollting Mages, once those go down, ( I used Edelgard with Retribution ) the chapter isn't as bad as 4. Last chapter is a joke though. I just finished and I'll post my thoughts later.

It's too bad a lot of people seem to hate Chapter 4.

I personally loved it. It was challenging and exhilarating but not once did I ever feel like it was unfair.

It was stressful yet also a lot of fun. If anything, I'd consider it the highlight of my playthrough. Some of the most FE fun I've had in a while. :)

Not sure why people are hyping up Chapter 4 so much. I found it practically easy. Chapter 3 was a lot more stressful with the hex reducing all my stats. Didn't even use a time pulse for chapter 4, but had to use 3 for chapter 3. Are people just ignoring the time limit and attempting to rout the enemy or something?

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, Rhea x Wilhelm OTP. Does that mean Edelgard waged war against her ancestor...?

Come to think about it, Seiros scream at Nemesis that "You took everything I have loved", it might mean more than just Sothis, but Wilhelm as well...

We don't know when or how exactly Wilhelm died, but he certainly died during War of Heroes before Seiros dueled Nemesis in year 91 according to history.

It's possible that he died at the hand of Nemesis as well sometime in the war,

which also makes more sense why Nemesis was smiling at Seiros since he already killed both of her families

Edited by Timlugia

53 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Does happy start with E+ in Lance or in Swords?

Swords. 

Edit: Actually, just double-checked. Seems she starts with an E in Swords, but by the time you recruit her in Chapter 2, she has a D in Lances. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

20 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Swords. 

Edit: Actually, just double-checked. Seems she starts with an E in Swords, but by the time you recruit her in Chapter 2, she has a D in Lances. 

Does she have around 1/3 or 5/6 in her Lance XP? I'm trying to figure out if this page's initial levels would check out.

Edited by Jayvee94

5 hours ago, Timlugia said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Oil

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

Come to think about it, Seiros scream at Nemesis that "You took everything I have loved", it might mean more than just Sothis, but Wilhelm as well...

certainly an interesting point

Finished the golem spawning extravaganza and the quick escape chapters and loved every second of it. This is the difficulty I want in an FE game. As someone said above, it's absolutely spot on.

Timewise, I take my time playing and never skip anything, and I'm on 7 hours 30, so it might take me up to 15 hours to complete on hard classic, which is good value I think, especially since you also get extra play time from it by using the characters and exploring Abyss in the main game. I intend to do an Ashen wolves run once I complete cindered shadows, and that's an extra 60+ hours of play time, depending on which house I go for (currently thinking GD). Overall, I don't think I've been ripped off at all.

What's the current take on Cindered Shadows?

Does it salvage the season pass or is it just merely good but not enough to justify the price especially compared to other nintendo title season passes(like smash or xenoblade2)

43 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

What's the current take on Cindered Shadows?

Does it salvage the season pass or is it just merely good but not enough to justify the price especially compared to other nintendo title season passes(like smash or xenoblade2)

I think it's good. I liked all the new characters, classes and maps (Except chapter 3 that is one of the worst maps i've ever played). Trickster is a lot of fun to play with especially combined with yuri's canto ring. The story is subpar but it serves its purpose. You do get some cool lore and some interesting interactions between the original characters as well. The 5 new music tracks are among the best in the entire game (which is high praise) especially the 2 map themes. I haven't seen or done the new paralogues yet so I can't say if that sweetens the deal or not. But overall I think it was overpriced. Not nearly as badly as echoes dlc, but like others have said it should have been around £15. If you love Three houses then I would say it was worth the money, I'm not mad over it, but I was still hoping for more.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:17 AM, Brimney said:

Most of the features of the abyss besides that characters are unlocked after you beat just the first chapter, if that helps. The dlc characters need to be unlocked further in the side story. People believe the dlc takes place between chapters 4-8 of the main game I think, I may be off base but that’s roughly there. 

I think we can solidly place the DLC as taking place during Chapter 5. Edelgard refers to the "incident last month in the Holy Mausoleum" which is obviously the whole Sword of the Creator thing.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I think we can solidly place the DLC as taking place during Chapter 5. Edelgard refers to the "incident last month in the Holy Mausoleum" which is obviously the whole Sword of the Creator thing.

Spoiler

Someone crunched the numbers using the datamined ages and birthdays. The results are: Cindered shadows occurred during the First Week of Chapter 6.