DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Does she have around 1/3 or 5/6 in her Lance XP? I'm trying to figure out if this page's initial levels would check out.

1/3. To be exact, she has 60 XP remaining until D+. On that page, it says that Hapi starts with E+ in Swords, but she has an E in the main game. 

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

What builds did you use /are you planning to use for the Ashen Wolves in the main game? 

Balthus will do great in the Brigand / Wrestler / War master build (better than in War monk, which will be better suited for Annette, I think), but I don't know if he retains his brawling avoid +20 in the main game.

The others really seem custom made for their own new classes, so I don't see them as anything else.

17 minutes ago, Taho said:

Balthus will do great in the Brigand / Wrestler / War master build (better than in War monk, which will be better suited for Annette, I think), but I don't know if he retains his brawling avoid +20 in the main game.

The others really seem custom made for their own new classes, so I don't see them as anything else.

Brawl Avoid is the mastery skill of War Monk, so you'd need to learn it.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

So do Hapi and Constance just not have relics? 

Aren't the crest stones that'd be in theirs in the Dark Sword of the Creator? I mean, still possible those'd be fakes (what with how Aymr clearly has either an artificial or duplicate of Maurice's crest, what with Blutgang being in Maurice), but it seems like TWSITD might've just kept and used those for their backup plan (or broken them down for parts later).

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

What builds did you use /are you planning to use for the Ashen Wolves in the main game? 

In my Black Eagles hard playthrough (which will be after my current Golden Deer Playthrough):

Yuri: Thief (Mastered)->Trickster

-Focused Skills: Swords, Bows, Reason, Faith, Authority

Balthus: Brawler->Brigand (Mastered)->Brawler->Grappler (Mastered)

-Focused Skills: Axes, Brawling, Authority

—He’d have a lot of Gauntlets and one forged hand axe for range. Because Bow weakness.

Constance: Mage (Mastered)->Dark Flier

-Focused Skills: Swords (only for forged Levin Swords), Reason, Faith, Authority, Flying

Hapi: Mage (Mastered)->Valkyrie

-Focused Skills: Axes (last resort weapon), Reason, Faith, Authority, Riding

And as a bonus, I came up with the idea of making Felix a War Monk to make up for my lack of War Monk in Balthus.

Felix: Mercenary->Brawler->War Monk (Mastered)

-Focused Skills: Swords (Uses Levin Swords too), Brawling, Reason (he and Balthus have the same budding talent, Felix just starts weaker in it), Faith (Only to required rank for War Monk), Authority.

I'm very much loving the guest character that shows up in the paralogue of Hapi and Balthus. A really desperate father who wants to do whatever it takes to get his kidnapped daughter back. Its actually pretty sweet on him. And the kidnapped daughter in question turns out to be....

Spoiler

Monica.....meaning the poor guy is making desperate attempts to get back a daughter that was likely killed ages ago. Oof. 

So, has anyone else noticed that Constance personal skill is wrong? It says Str/Mag +3 indoor and Def/Res +3 outdoor, but it actually means Str/Mag +3 when no sun and Def/Res +3 when in sun. She gets the damage boost when deploying her on cloudy field fight that would count as Outdoor.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

Are there any actual recruitment requirements for the Ashen Wolves? I just finished Cindered Shadows, and started a new game, and they immediately joined me on Chapter 2. 

The requirements are based on progress in Cindered Shadows.

For example, if you had only done up to CS Chapter 2, then only Constance would have been available. I believe the rest is Balthus at Chapter 3, Hapi at Chapter 4, and finally Yuri at Chapter 6. That might not be exact but you get the idea.

I finished Cindered Shadows so now I'll share my thoughts on it I suppose.

Spoiler

I wasn't expecting Byleth's mother to be the focus of the plot, but I'm pleased she was. Not only does she get a name, but a face too! It turns out that she's named after a demon from the Ars Goetia, just like Byleth (Sitri is specifically associated with love, which is quite fitting). I somewhat predicted how the plot would go after Aelfric mentioned being friends with Sitri and that the Chalice of Beginnings can revive the dead, but I was still engaged. More lore on Fódlan's history is always appreciated too.

I like all of the Ashen Wolves and I'm looking forward to seeing them in the main game and getting their supports. From what I've heard they add quite a bit to the lore, so I'm interested in learning more.  Aelfric is an interesting villain and, even though he's unrepentant in his plotting, I felt bad for him when he became the Umbral Beast. He's not just Snape, but he's also Gendo Ikari! Though he doesn't mind Sitri being in love with Jeralt instead of him and was helping the people of Abyss before he started his plot, so he's not all bad.

I don't like it when games after overly difficult but I also want to challenge myself, so I completed the mode on Hard. Chapter 4 was miserable of course, but Chapters 6 and 7 were tough too (in the former case, Yuri and Balthus waited in the upper right corner while the rest of the party rescued Constance and Hapi).

Overall I'm happy with what we got. I would have liked for Jeralt to be involved since I think he would have something to say about Aelfric trying to revive his wife, but oh well. The interactions between the lords were fun and we finally got a conversation where Edelgard and Dimitri acknowledge their past (sort of)! Rhea and Alois's conversation at the beginning makes me think that Rhea always ignores his puns, no matter how obvious they are.

And it would be remiss to not mention this timeless quote: "It's like casting a line and thinking you've landed the Big One...but then you reel it in, and it's Seteth." -Linhardt von Hevring

I'm kind of bugged they chose to basically ignore Jeralt for this entire DLC. He's alive and well at this time and he does have some relevance to the going ons. Having him and Rhea playable in the final battle would have been sweet (Rhea not being playable is quite silly considering she says everyone has to fight. Everyone except me must be her policy).

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm kind of bugged they chose to basically ignore Jeralt for this entire DLC. He's alive and well at this time and he does have some relevance to the going ons. Having him and Rhea playable in the final battle would have been sweet (Rhea not being playable is quite silly considering she says everyone has to fight. Everyone except me must be her policy).

Technically Rhea could fight since chapter 5. There is absolutely no lore reason she can’t fight in 6 and 7 since she’s presented 

This also applies to Shambhala in base game, she literally told you she’s joining the war, and was in the cutscene. It’s still bothers me that she wasn’t useable in both occasions

I'm disappointed with the story they chose to tell in this DLC. 

I was hoping for something related to the Slitherers or Rhea's past. Don't care about Byleth at all. And Abyss just being a secret detention hall/place to store troubled people instead of some dark secret was also disappointing. And in the end, it turns out none of it really happened anyway, so... why not make a more interesting alternate universe story revealing more of the established lore instead of adding new lore with the chalice and Apostles?

I liked the gameplay and new classes, even though the reuse of maps was confounding. The characters are fine, but the only one I really liked was Yuri. Hope the supports flesh them out some more. 

Overall it's just a "decent" DLC, it was fun but I'm not sure if I'll want to revisit it very often.

So, I've heard that there are limited Abyssian Exam Passes (only at the beginning) until you purchase with renown.

I'm planning for the return of Best Classes Series. Would you rather have: Best Classes for Ashen Wolves or Best Characters for Each Special Class?

Finished it a few hours ago so thoughts.

Spoiler

It was a decent length. Could have perhaps been a bit longer and its no Torna in terms of scale but it's still ok. That being said, don't think it's $25 dollars worth.

The DLC classes and characters are fun even if I find Yuri kind of way too all over the place in terms of his characterization. He's basically just  fanon Claude and that kinda bothers me in some ways. Feels kinda sloppy.

I think where the dlc shines is the worldbuilding as it feels in a lot of details the main story didn't touch over.

Main plot is okay but considering Byleth is in no way the star of 3Houses from a captivating character standpoint I wasn't too invested with some stuff even if it was presented  well.

Overall though I found it enjoyable. Wouldn't mind more 3H DLC in side story formats even if it's unlikely.

3 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

So, I've heard that there are limited Abyssian Exam Passes (only at the beginning) until you purchase with renown.

I'm planning for the return of Best Classes Series. Would you rather have: Best Classes for Ashen Wolves or Best Characters for Each Special Class?

I'd go for Best Classes for Ashen Wolves. 

Spoiler

I absolutely love Hapi.

Not only is she 10/10 best waifu material, but she's also got such a refreshing, agreeable personality.

From her personally understandable anti-church perspective to her cute nicknames, intelligence, and relatable contrast of bright personality with nihilist/defeatist beliefs, she's just really fleshed out in general.

She's like Edelgard, if she had a lot more motive and the personality of a lazy housecat.

Would put a ring on that again.

Edited by Etheus

8 hours ago, Etheus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I absolutely love Hapi.

Not only is she 10/10 best waifu material, but she's also got such a refreshing, agreeable personality.

From her personally understandable anti-church perspective to her cute nicknames, intelligence, and relatable contrast of bright personality with nihilist/defeatist beliefs, she's just really fleshed out in general.

She's like Edelgard, if she had a lot more motive and the personality of a lazy housecat.

Would put a ring on that again.

Can’t wait for my Black Eagles playthrough to see her and the rest of the Ashen Wolves for myself.

It might be my warped views on DLC and money, but I don't think CS is worth 25 dollars.
For much less than that, I got Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh DLCs, and boy, those were biiiiiig.

But I wanted to talk about our boy Alpharad, or Aelfric for us lowly non japanese.

Spoiler

Some people say jokingly that he is an incel, but man, chadest incel ever.

He doesn't care that Sitri loved Jeralt, heck, he's friend with him, what matters to him is that she died suspiciously and discovered Sitri's corpse that was not corpsey at all... and just like Jeralt, looked at Rhea and went "nooope".

If it wasn't for the whole dump "four apostle" and "sacrifice" thing, I'd almost say he was heroic. They don't need to have Yuri tell us, stupidly, that he isn't all that bad (really game, telling us what to think ?). I think he's cool despite being an ass.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, Jotari said:

I know right ? It's such a stupid waste !

3 hours ago, Crysta said:

idk being willing to kill four kids you helped shelter for years for your waifu seems pretty villainous to me

T...that's what I just said... "if it wasn't for".
I called it dumb because, I'm just not impressed with the story.