DLC Wave 4 revealed at the end of the Smash Direct

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Hapi's going to be very situational at best, because most mages get Seraphim anyway.

"Most"?

1. Lysanity
  2. Ingridiron
  3. Sexy Sylvainia
  4. Edelangel with a Faith bane.
  5. Balthus, controversial painter of females.

Yep, everyone has it.

Also, Hapi's Banshee is slightly better on Demon Beasties than Seraphim, assuming triple effectiveness being given by her Personal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

31 minutes ago, Burklight said:

I honestly think Constance and Balthus personals are going to be fool's gold. Yuri's is in the same ballpark as Lorenz. Hapi's going to be very situational at best, because most mages get Seraphim anyway.

Seraphim, as has been stated, is only available to a handful of characters. It's already basically the best offensive Faith spell due to its monster effectiveness. So getting this same effect on Hapi's spells like

Spoiler

Banshee, Death, and Hades

Will be pretty fantastic. On top of that, if I understand the skill correctly, she'll get effective damage from physical weapons as well. So you could make a weird "physical Hapi" who gets effective damage with Brave Weapons.

31 minutes ago, Burklight said:

To elaborate on the fool's gold...6 defense "seems" like a lot, and I suppose it probably is early game, but beyond chapter 5 or so it probably won't do much. We also don't know what chapter you can recruit them to the main story. Things like vantage and wrath at <50% hp work because they make you avoid taking damage. If your tank is getting below 50% hp, 6 defense probably isn't going to save them. The instances where it does are going to be very limited, and you probably screwed up to be in that situation to begin with.

I agree that 6 defense is no great boon. But honestly, 6 strength at <50% HP would, on its own, make for a good personal skill. Balthus sounds ideal for pulling off a Wrath/Vantage build, in a class like Warrior or Hero. Ironically, it would actually synergize quite poorly with Quick Riposte from his "no-brainer" promotion of War Master.

Yuri's seems like the only tricky one, as I'll have to actively remember not to put him next to other units (at least, when it would make a difference). Constance's is odd in a game that doesn't otherwise differentiate between "indoor" and "outdoor" maps, but I'll take free stats anyday.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Mixed up Hapi/Constance spell lists

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Most"?

1. Lysanity
  2. Ingridiron
  3. Sexy Sylvainia
  4. Edelangel with a Faith bane.
  5. Balthus, controversial painter of females.

Yep, everyone has it.

Also, Hapi's Banshee is slightly better on Demon Beasties than Seraphim, assuming triple effectiveness.

For some reason I thought Annette and Marianne had it. Oops.

Ironically, Hapii gets Seraphim. Probably going to end up being close to Lysethia tier as far as spell lists go. 

13 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

So getting this same effect on Hapi's spells like

Wait, she's DLC3, not DLC4 on the SF spell page?

Either way will she able to OHKO Demon Beast lifebars with her strongest spell? Be it

Spoiler

Agnea's Arrow or Hades. Assuming triple instead of double effectiveness, it'd be 48 Agnea or 54 Hades Mt.

13 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Constance's is odd in a game that doesn't otherwise differentiate between "indoor" and "outdoor" maps, but I'll take free stats anyday.

Now we're going to have to figure out which maps classify as indoors or outdoors. Although I'm inclined to think that 3H favors outdoors, not good for her.

Going off of memory, for indoorsy maps...

Spoiler
  1. Demon Beast first encounter
  2. Death Knight 1
  3. Deatho Knighto 2
  4. Tomb
  5. Final fight vs. Edelgard
  6. Technobattle

Then we have a gray zone, the Mach attack/defend fight- what do they count as? What about the lava map- RD said its was indoors, what about 3H? Or, does terrain determine what is indoors and outdoors? Does standing on dirt count as outdoors, but a tile/stairs indoors? What about battles in cities/bridges/forts that are outdoors?

So yeah, definitely assume for now this is more a good Abyss Mode buff and not so good main game buff.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Burklight said:

I honestly think Constance and Balthus personals are going to be fool's gold. Yuri's is in the same ballpark as Lorenz. Hapi's going to be very situational at best, because most mages get Seraphim anyway.

To elaborate on the fool's gold...6 defense "seems" like a lot, and I suppose it probably is early game, but beyond chapter 5 or so it probably won't do much. We also don't know what chapter you can recruit them to the main story. Things like vantage and wrath at <50% hp work because they make you avoid taking damage. If your tank is getting below 50% hp, 6 defense probably isn't going to save them. The instances where it does are going to be very limited, and you probably screwed up to be in that situation to begin with.

I can see +3 magic being pretty good, particularly when that gives you an extra range on rescue or warp...can't remember which she has. But most of the maps are outdoors. +3 defense and resist on someone who probably shouldn't be taking damage to begin with doesn't seem quite as good.

Free stats are better than nothing the extra Def/Res could come in clutch plus extra Res boost her Soulblade Arts power heck Lysithia is OP but her Personal is useless once everything is maxed. While someone like Raphael has a Personal which MANY agree is the worst in the game. Personal Skills aren't meant to be overpowered anyway.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, she's DLC3, not DLC4 on the SF spell page?

Nah I edited just after. I messed up, Hapi gets the DLC4 list. DLC3 is Constance. The general point about the personal skill's utility still stands, with the caveat that

Spoiler

Fewer classes give Dark Tomefaire than Black Tomefaire.

By the way, add the Miklan map to the Indoors list. ...Except you already put that in, just out of order, haha. Oh yeah, the Rhealogue is indoors... on the Holy Tomb map again. Also possibly the "old chapel" map... it looks like it's outdoors, but they say we're fighting inside the chapel.

Definitely wish there were more indoor maps, or even if they were more used - the Death Knight's Warpstravaganza was one of my favorite maps, but is only used once. I'm hoping for another map that uses warp panels in Cindered Shadows.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Edit: indoor/outdoor maps

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yuri: Attack +3 when not adjacent to an ally in a 1-distance battle.
Constance: Strength and Magic +3 when fighting indoors, Defense and Resistance +3 when fighting outdoors.
Balthus: When HP is 50% or less, Strength and Defense +6.
Hapi: All attacks are effective against monsters. More easily targeted by monsters.

Well ain't that some overpowered skills. 😛
War Master is already a killing machine class, I wonder what'll happen if we give it to Balthus along with certain skills ! 😛

Hapi will probably trivialize some fights, Yuri's sound a bit needlessly tricky and Constance's kind of annoys me.

Yuri Leclerc heh, fun fact, Leclerc is a mercantile cooperative of french origin. (no shit)
In other words: Édouard Leclerc's ancestor was a magical boy named after girls love. 😛

Edited by B.Leu

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yuri: Attack +3 when not adjacent to an ally in a 1-distance battle.
Constance: Strength and Magic +3 when fighting indoors, Defense and Resistance +3 when fighting outdoors.
Balthus: When HP is 50% or less, Strength and Defense +6.
Hapi: All attacks are effective against monsters. More easily targeted by monsters.

Well now we know why Balthus goes down Mercenary naturally even though he's brawling and axes based. It's so he can pick up Vantage to help his brazen personal skill. I hope he has Vantage available in cindered shadows, that would be fun to play around. Bit awkward on him though since he has a 50% to heal when using combat arts cause of his crest which could put him out of range, but I suppose you don't normally use combat arts for gauntlets that aren't fierce iron fist.

Edited by SpiceMan

Constance is broken on her mag, favored class and crest alone. 4 range canto sniping whit Thyrsus on an unit whit Lysithea mag is just hilariously strong.

Balthus is just better Raphael in any conciviable way. I also don't think his personal is bad on War Master, because i don't think building for staying always on less than half health is safe in the first place(but then, i am too much of a coward for even Danger Mario in TYD.). It help him survive if you aggroed too much enemies.

Hapi has the strongest personal in the game and it's not even close. Even if she had 0% growths she would be good.

Yuri is the only unit that seems balanced. Wich make this DLC feel like power creep on a game that was not well balanced in the first place.

Edited by Flere210

Welp, if its true that the DLC is dropping shortly then I'm happy I get to download it before I leave my wifi connection for the week; I'll be happy to play it all day on the bus tomorrow! Can't wait to soak up all that new lore and play with the new characters and classes~

Not so happy to hear about their stance on the lack of golden ending (although I'm glad at least one of the devs was really considering it); I'm a firm believer in having the ability to earn your happy endings, however hard they make it, and I was really hoping they learned their lessons from Fates and actually gave us a good golden route that would actually challenge the player to recruit or at least save everyone and have it actually matter. I would welcome it to be harder than the main routes in ways that aren't just gimmicks and if they really want to get creative maybe the story could expand to the rest of the known world instead of retreading the same ground all over just Fodlan. Or, y'know, at least Almyra. I wish they treated this DLC like Torna.

And if people are going to screech about it detracting from the other routes like Revelations did, just lock it behind completion of all the other routes first, Visual Novel style. They should've done that with Fates in the first place, along with having better writing for a golden route in general. It just really sucks to me that they aren't using the golden route option on the game that would actually be interesting to write one for. I mean I love Azure Moon and I think its the happiest ending I can get in the game at present, but I do like Edelgard and wanted her to be happy too.

Look, I just really want supports between the Lords. Is that too much to ask for? DX

/rant over

10 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

Look, I just really want supports between the Lords. Is that too much to ask for? DX

Well hopefully Cindered Shadows will have some interesting interactions between them.

Since Wave 4 should be dropping in about an hour, I think it would be a good idea to make a new thread to distinguish the pre-release and post-release periods. Maybe we should have a spoiler thread too? Either way I'll try to get the voice actors and support lists for the Ashen Wolves as soon as I can.

19 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

I'm a firm believer in having the ability to earn your happy endings, however hard they make it, and I was really hoping they learned their lessons from Fates and actually gave us a good golden route that would actually challenge the player to recruit or at least save everyone and have it actually matter. I would welcome it to be harder than the main routes in ways that aren't just gimmicks and if they really want to get creative maybe the story could expand to the rest of the known world instead of retreading the same ground all over just Fodlan. Or, y'know, at least Almyra. I wish they treated this DLC like Torna.

Uhh... you DID finish Torna, right?😛 Fine, take your golden route, but b/c it involved excessive time-travel Byleth ages into a prune at the end and only by a miracle is reborn as a 6-year-old with all their memories eradicated. The teacher becomes the student.

But it's hard to not want a Torna-quality DLC deal. For all the corners they cut on it -the other two Titans Malos sunk are totally and mostly ignored respectively to name one- it was still an excellent addition.

Torna and everything else in the XC2 DLC was worth it Corvin > Torna, shame I can't say that of most of this DLC deal. I want the new characters, but the price for them when the DLC has little else of substance, I find myself soberly pulled back from the temptation of spending for it.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

the Death Knight's Warpstravaganza was one of my favorite maps, but is only used once. I'm hoping for another map that uses warp panels in Cindered Shadows.

I preferred the non-warp side of that map. The warp could've been worse, but the inability to see where you'd end up when using a tile was annoying. Still, fix that and I'm good.

2 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Constance is broken on her mag, favored class and crest alone. 4 range canto sniping whit Thyrsus on an unit whit Lysithea mag is just hilariously strong.

Balthus is just better Raphael in any conceivable way. I also don't think his personal is bad on War Master, because i don't think building for staying always on less than half health is safe in the first place(but then, i am too much of a coward for even Danger Mario in TYD.). It help him survive if you aggroed too much enemies.

Hapi has the strongest personal in the game and it's not even close. Even if she had 0% growths she would be good.

Yuri is the only unit that seems balanced. Wich make this DLC feel like power creep on a game that was not well balanced in the first place.

Whats the problem with Danger Mario? You're always at full health.😎

DLC you have to spend extra for, it's understandable why developers would be inclined to make them stronger, to justify the additional cost. Sure Mewtwo in Smash 4 wasn't very powerful, they didn't have to be being popular, but then go and look at broken Bayonetta.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I preferred the non-warp side of that map. The warp could've been worse, but the inability to see where you'd end up when using a tile was annoying. Still, fix that and I'm good.

I like the warps, but I do agree, it feels like it's balanced around Divine Pulse (mess up, spend a pulse, remember next time). I would've added blue "warp lines", like red attack lines, when you're on top of the tile. So you can better strategize around them.