Zoomers, how do you feel about Millenials? Have you encountered a need to go "Ok Millennial" yet?

XRay

I feel like I made a topic similar to this before, but I am too lazy to go back and check.

So yeah, how do you feel about your senpais? Are we treating you well? Any Millennial assholes out there that we should know about and bring down together? Are other older generations giving you shit yet? Anything your onee chans and onii chans and moms and dads for some of us can do to help out?

We get a lot of shit from Boomers and older generations, so sometimes our relationship feels a little tense, especially when the media hypes it up to 11. I guess I am growing a little self conscious now that I am old enough for the next generation to "Ok Millennial" me, especially after doing some research and discussion on the topic. I want us Millennials to surpass our kouhai's expectations so we do not get "Ok Millennial"ed. Or at least, I wish "Ok Millennial" to be an affectionate term like "that person is a nice guy, that person is an Ok Millennial," which is in sharp contrast to the dismissiveness and annoyance of "Ok Boomer, stop preaching to me."

If you are getting shit thrown at you by other generations though, let us know. We can help take some of the heat off your back and we can throw shit together back at them.

2 hours ago, Specta said:

zoomers what do u think of my avocado toast 

as one of the older zoomers 

whatever floats your boat, I like avocado and I like toast so maybe

I'd try it if I wasn't dieting

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

as one of the older zoomers 

whatever floats your boat, I like avocado and I like toast so maybe

I'd try it if I wasn't dieting

ok zoomer

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Are my kids zoomers or what comes after Z?

If Leo is born in 2015 or before, he is generation Z.

Otherwise, him and Est are after Z.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

so weird that people can be born like 20 years apart and be considered the same generation

Yup, who the hell come off with these generation names and decide which year correspond which gen anyway?

3 hours ago, Integrity said:

ok boomer

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

“f*** you. I’m not that old.”

Ha! I did not type it, so I cannot get into trouble. Plus I censored for good measure.

I stan Millennials. Maybe it's because Boomers and the like always like to rag on Millennials, but I feel like, among Gen Z (I don't love "Zoomer"), Millennials are generally not disliked. I mean, what are we gonna do? Blame Millennials for the poor economic circumstances they were given? Can't relate. My Mom is a Millennial and my Dad is Gen-X for context. 

Also, yes, I do talk like this. Normally, I try to post here writing more tethered, but something about this question brought it out. 

Zoomers need to learn how to disrupt every major industry, without even trying. It's a valuable skill that us Millenials have carefully developed after decades of being shit on by the generation that made us this way.

Unfortunately, Gen X is too apathetic to put the pressure on you the way Boomers did to us, so you'll have to figure it out another way.

But you guys seem okay as is.

Edited by Slumber

19 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

what years were they born?

19 hours ago, Nym said:

If Leo is born in 2015 or before, he is generation Z.

Otherwise, him and Est are after Z.

2014 and 2016, so I guess Leo is Gen Z.  I don't know how I feel about having a child in the same generation as half the people on the forum here.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

2014 and 2016, so I guess Leo is Gen Z.  I don't know how I feel about having a child in the same generation as half the people on the forum here.

I think your children will be happy to have a cool mom who can connect with people of their generation and share the same interests, so I think you should be happy too.

I think any kids will be happy to have a parent who is into videogames and fun stuff.

When I was a kid, I think my parents were rather boring. I did not care about wine or whiskey, and I certainly did not care about the news or travelling places. I am into LEGOs, videogames, toys, and stuff like that. I did not care about alcohol until I grew older, and reading the news and travelling did not became hobbies until I was in highschool.

Edited by XRay