If (or when) FE4 gets a remake, should shared critical quotes be included?

indigoasis

In Awakening and Fates, certain characters shared critical quotes with each other, most notably between the parents and their respective children in Awakening and between the lords and their retainers in Fates, although some other lines are shared between characters that aren't necessarily associated with each other. I always thought that this was a very neat thing, and the other day, I thought, "If FE4 gets a remake, should have shared critical quotes between the parents and children?" My immediate answer to this was "YES!" However, I had an idea that might be a little complicated, but hear me out.

Since you can pair almost any character together in the first generation, what if, depending on the father, the kids also had a quote from the father? A quote shared with the mother is inevitable, but let's say that Finn was the father of Febail and Patty, for example. If Finn's quote was (let's use one his Heroes quotes) "I'll never back down!" then Febail and Patty would also have this quote in reference to Finn. But if they have a different father, like Chulainn for example, then they would have one of Chulainn's quotes. So every kid would have a quote that references their father (and mother, but that would be a given), and with the amount of different possible fathers, that would mean that there would be many different possible critical quotes.

So what do you guys think? Does it make sense? Or would it be too complicated?

It would be utterly trivial if they're shelling out for full voice acting, honestly. If they're paying for that many lines already, recording one sentence for every father in gen 1 per child doesn't seem like that much extra.

Edited by Alastor15243

it would be quite a nice touch, yeah

also they could make unique crit quotes, or even double crit quotes, for when a crit is triggered due to pairing/sibling boost

(very boring and not well thought) unique crit quote examples:

"For you, Deirdre, I'd do anything!" - Sigurd when close to Deirdre

"Lord Sigurd, this is the strength of our love!" - Deirdre when close to Sigurd

"Thank you, Ethlyn, you give me strength!" - Quan when close to Ethlyn

"This means so much for me, Lord Quan!" - Ethlyn when close to Quan

(also very boring and not well thought) double crit quotes examples:

"Let's show them what we've got, Deirdre!"

"That would be my pleasure, Lord Sigurd" - shared Sigurd x Deirdre double crit quotes

"Come on, Ethlyn, are you ready?"

"Yeah, but don't be reckless, Lord Quan!" - shared Quan x Ethlyn doubled crit quotes

i don't know, i think they'd be cute

Edited by Yexin

If it works for the characters, sure why not. However, it may be a bit weird for a lighthearted character like Lester to have the same line as someone who doesn't have the same personality, like Chulainn. Maybe they can have the same lines as the predestined fathers?

19 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

If it works for the characters, sure why not. However, it may be a bit weird for a lighthearted character like Lester to have the same line as someone who doesn't have the same personality, like Chulainn. Maybe they can have the same lines as the predestined fathers?

I figure that if the lines are worded in a way that tone of voice could change meaning or attitude, then that could work to fit with each character's personality.

So for example, Arvis can be pretty harsh compared to Julia, and it wouldn't make sense for Julia to say "I sentence you to death." (That can be saved for Julius.) Let's use "For a better world" as an example. The way Arvis says it (in Heroes) conveys how he wants his ambitions realized. That's how I hear it, at least. Having Julia say the same thing, but perhaps in a more confident tone of voice rather than Arvis' tone, would help to convey how she wants the world to be a better place, which would fit better with her character.

Of course... Arvis is already the predestined father for Julia, but applying the logic used in the examples for other fathers and children, it should work.

4 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I figure that if the lines are worded in a way that tone of voice could change meaning or attitude, then that could work to fit with each character's personality.

So for example, Arvis can be pretty harsh compared to Julia, and it wouldn't make sense for Julia to say "I sentence you to death." (That can be saved for Julius.) Let's use "For a better world" as an example. The way Arvis says it (in Heroes) conveys how he wants his ambitions realized. That's how I hear it, at least. Having Julia say the same thing, but perhaps in a more confident tone of voice rather than Arvis' tone, would help to convey how she wants the world to be a better place, which would fit better with her character.

Of course... Arvis is already the predestined father for Julia, but applying the logic used in the examples for other fathers and children, it should work.

I can see it like that. Midir can be pretty timid (tbh, his characterization is all over the place across mediums). But I can see him saying it's you or me nervously while Lester says it in a cocky fashion.