Why do people ship Edlegard and Byleth?

Do you ship Byleth x Edlegard?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ship Byleth x Edlegard?

• Hell Yeah!
    • Not really, but can see why people do ship it
    • No, and I don't care
    • No, and I prefer Dimitri/Rhea/Claude x Byleth
    • *Stabs Edlegard* What was the question again?

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

By the way, what did you think of my point about fanservice and how it applies to Rhea and Edelgard?

Let's wait and see, since Heroes has some. . .uh, interesting art.  War Edelgard's armor isn't bikini armor (thank goodness).  She's here to fight, not to flaunt.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Let's wait and see, since Heroes has some. . .uh, interesting art.  War Edelgard's armor isn't bikini armor (thank goodness).  She's here to fight, not to flaunt.

Edelgard seems popular enough that sticking her in an actual bikini for a summer seasonal seems inevitable.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Edelgard seems popular enough that sticking her in an actual bikini for a summer seasonal seems inevitable.

I'm somewhat afraid of this.  But I'm more afraid of the CYL results.  Pretty sure she's getting in, and who knows where that art will go.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm somewhat afraid of this.  But I'm more afraid of the CYL results.  Pretty sure she's getting in, and who knows where that art will go.

If she does win I actually really hope they don't use her emperor design. As that would mean Claude and Dimitri would probably be forestalled quite a while on getting there war phase designs. Although this isn't a CYL topic so I better not stray too far away with speculation.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

In spite of the fact that she can't swim and is terrified of the ocean. But I doubt they care about details like that.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, vanguard333 said:

I'm curious; why do you think it's unhealthy and boring?

Because she has a crush on Byleth that is similar to Faye, Ninian and Tharja. It works in her own route, but looks creepy in the other three routes in which she rarely interacted with 'professor' (blushes). Also, had you noticed that it's always the girl that has an unhealthy crush in the avatar or main character? Dimitri and Claude don't have kawaii moments of being embarassed and drawing sensei and having a crush for whatever reason *.* Couldn't a female be strong without being also pushed as a love interest in this franchise?  Also this: 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, Sentinel07 said:

To be honest, I don't like AvatarxLord ships period. ChromxRobin, RobinxLucina, CorrinxAzura, etc. I quite frankly hate them all.

To me, it's just cliche and boring to pair up the character meant to represent you with one of the main Lords. I honestly prefer to give the side characters time to shine in that regard.

I prefer pairing avatar or Lord with side characters because it often makes the most interesting, fleshed story. In a game that gives me options why would I chose the most cliche, forced options? Because of developers bias? No thank you, I prefer to chose what makes a more interesting, well written story.