Tempest Trials+: Mirage Vortex (Jan 21st)

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Personally, I think Virion would have been a better investment, as his bow has a premium support skill built into it compared to Chrom and Caeda's more selfish and somewhat ancient weapons. Mine, at +2 merge, +HP Asset, and with C Dual Inf in A and HP +3 in SS, hits 58 HP, and he can go all the way to 67 HP with every possible HP investment minus Summoner Support (Of course C Dual Inf isn't necessary, HP+5 is just fine, I just had an extra Loki book laying around)

I'm not trying to say you did wrong, Caeda is a perfectly fine unit to use. But in the long term, Virion will have his uses still.

...actually I'm now kinda tempted to throw some extra support Virion's way... he's an entertaining dude when people are insulting his bib...

IT'S A CRAVAT!

Well, now that I think about it, I don't have a Virion with good enough IVs to upgrade, actually. I always turned him into feathers because he had no worthy skills to fodder for.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

IT'S A CRAVAT!

Well, now that I think about it, I don't have a Virion with good enough IVs to upgrade, actually. I always turned him into feathers because he had no worthy skills to fodder for.

We all did. Every single one of us did. Virion was useless until he got his new weapon and refine. Then he stopped being useless and demanded an HP asset, which almost no one ever actually asks for.

Stupid Virion and his stupid cravat bib...

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

We all did. Every single one of us did. Virion was useless until he got his new weapon and refine. Then he stopped being useless and demanded an HP asset, which almost no one ever actually asks for.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear that. lol But he wants an HP asset now? Huh. Yeah, I've never heard of any unit wanting that.

Bride Fjorm and regular Loki would most definitely appreciate +HP. Technically, Aversa would too but she can't get boons so.

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear that. lol But he wants an HP asset now? Huh. Yeah, I've never heard of any unit wanting that.

If he wants to get Sudden Panic off on everyone, even some Hero Battle foes, then yeah that extra +3 would be helpful. It also helps to get off the effect of his Special Refine, but using his special refine over a normal refine loses out on 2 HP, which might not mean that much in PvP content now that I think about it... max HP investment minus Summoner Support and with Special Refined Dignified Bow is still like 65 HP...

There'd be a few other units who'd want +HP, but it'd mostly be anyone who wants to get off HP checks against the foe, which are Bride Fjorm (which isn't TOO necessary considering most dancers have low HP anyway but still helps) and Loki.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

If he wants to get Sudden Panic off on everyone, even some Hero Battle foes, then yeah that extra +3 would be helpful. It also helps to get off the effect of his Special Refine, but using his special refine over a normal refine loses out on 2 HP, which might not mean that much in PvP content now that I think about it... max HP investment minus Summoner Support and with Special Refined Dignified Bow is still like 65 HP...

There'd be a few other units who'd want +HP, but it'd mostly be anyone who wants to get off HP checks against the foe, which are Bride Fjorm (which isn't TOO necessary considering most dancers have low HP anyway but still helps) and Loki.

Ah, I see. That does make sense, yeah.

Okay so I was right and wrong about Virion.

Right because not only does my 62 HP Virion out-HP everyone, but thanks to the Bonus unit boost he literally cannot be outdone at 72 HP.

But also wrong because some of the maps have the enemy units REALLY spread out, so you can't even get the effect off unless the enemy focuses down a single area because Rally shenanigans... which I guess works in Virion's favor, but won't really happen til the last map anyway...

On 1/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, Xenomata said:

I drew a better Virion out of the gacha early into the game, and he's my 5*.  Hence why I had zero worries when the bonus units were announced~!  😛

---

Ran through the first set of gauntlet with Tsubasa, Hrid, Young Azura, and Clarine.  They did surprisingly well, given that my only bait unit died to blue.  Currently going with Itsuki, Duo Alphonse, Azura the Axe Murderer, and Mikoto.  Alphonse only has issues against green units, who Itsuki destroys (and can safely bait, thanks to Tempest stat bonuses).

Entered the last map of Lunatic-7 with only one team member left, Brunnya at 5 HP and with no way to heal, and managed to win. Had the daily bonus, but still, I was not expecting that to work.

(Tharja and Gharnef bounced off her, while Desperation+Glacies allowed her to beat Hector, Ike, and Minerva without taking a hit.)

Normally I can't be bothered levelling the freebie 5* to 40 until the last day or two of the event, but given Caeda's utterly abysmal survival rate in autobattle, I'm going to have to fast-track Itsuki.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:34 AM, Humanoid said:

Normally I can't be bothered levelling the freebie 5* to 40 until the last day or two of the event, but given Caeda's utterly abysmal survival rate in autobattle, I'm going to have to fast-track Itsuki.

I'm using Caeda, Itsuki, Azama and Eleonor to autobattle. They are reaching the final map more often than the armor team I've used last TTs. 

Caeda (+10) has Darting Blow, Renewal and Iote's shield. 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm using Caeda, Itsuki, Azama and Eleonor to autobattle. They are reaching the final map more often than the armor team I've used last TTs. 

Caeda (+10) has Darting Blow, Renewal and Iote's shield. 

Mine's just +2, Darting Blow, Desperation, Iote's. Usually dies before the mission but because I care more about just completing the TT instead of optimising HM, the other units are Nowi, Fae and Brady who just carry on with a 95%+ success rate. Switched to base kit Itsuki now (doesn't have anything in his A slot) and the success rate at level 30 is now 100%.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Mine's just +2, Darting Blow, Desperation, Iote's. Usually dies before the mission but because I care more about just completing the TT instead of optimising HM, the other units are Nowi, Fae and Brady who just carry on with a 95%+ success rate. Switched to base kit Itsuki now (doesn't have anything in his A slot) and the success rate at level 30 is now 100%.

I gave Itsuki a budget ATK+3 on A and ATK/DEF+2 seal. I'm running them on lunatic/7 where they usually reach map 5-6. 

/Edit: Hmm, the last 5 times, they reached map 7 (winning 2 times). 

Edited by mampfoid

One update I would like for TT is to add the refinements to units that received new Prfs.

It's kinda weird to see Caedas with Armorslayer or the Whitewings without the Whitewings weapons.

In Forging Bonds they use the new weapon, so why not update TT for it as well?

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Probably to help players who autobattle to make it more easy.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They also use their Prfs in Heroic Ordeals (assuming the trial was released after their Prf was).

I.e. Subaki doesn’t have his Golden Naginata in Bantu’s trial but does in legendary Celica’s trial.

New weapons means that I can no longer bait Caeda using horses. 😛

Anyway, this will be the first gauntlet in a long time where I clear out all of the rewards.  Tsubasa/Itsuki are a ton of fun to play, and Itsuki/Duo Alphonse/Azura/Mikoto rip the entire thing apart.  Tsubasa was a little trickier, since she'd rather initiate than bait.