Losing a Friend to Suicide

Rezzy

One week ago, a friend of mine killed herself.  I still hope that I'll wake up, and this will all have just been a nightmare, but it's reality.  Making it all the harder was that this was her second attempt.  The first time was back in November, I was talking to her as she tried to OD and asphyxiate herself, but 911 was called, and she was saved.  She got home from the hospital, and it seemed like things were going better again.  Once again, we were talking almost every day, and she was talking about moving out of South Carolina, and maybe the possibility of meeting up IRL.

Just the night before, we had been talking on Discord as usual, but then, they next day I heard that she was dead.  She didn't reach out to anybody a second time.

Edited by Rezzy

I, uh, ouch.  Sorry to hear that.

Depression/suicide is a tricky subject.  Not sure if you want to mention that in your thread title, since "losing" friends can also be because they decided they don't want to be your friend any longer.  I'll keep a close eye on this topic.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I, uh, ouch.  Sorry to hear that.

Depression/suicide is a tricky subject.  Not sure if you want to mention that in your thread title, since "losing" friends can also be because they decided they don't want to be your friend any longer.  I'll keep a close eye on this topic.

It has been changed

2 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

What can I/you expect from this world, when it says life is meaningless.

Can you tell me how her life was before this?

What do you mean?

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this kind of thing. Hope  you're doing OK.

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

Did she tell you how her living circumstance was, and daily life?

. . .is this a good idea?  I'm guessing that you're trying to help, but asking someone about the details of someone who just died may not be the best thing right now.

I'm sorry for your loss. You have my condolences. 

I don't know you that much, but I do see you around. I hope you feel better soon. Take the time you need to recover from this. 

Just know it wasn't your fault, and your friend is at peace now. Live on for them.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2020 at 11:11 PM, Fates-Blade said:

I wanted to know, so I can understand the circumstances of the death, but it's alright if she doesn't want to share.

Sorry for the delay, if you'd like to know specifics, feel free to PM me.