Hey guys, I’m creating ideas for a remastered version of FE Three Houses. I really want to improve on it’s mechanics more than anything. I would love it if we could incorporate new characters, classes and locations. Note: please do not include memes or replacing characters

Is this a thing you're actually doing? Or just theorycrafting for fun?

In any case, here are some ideas of things I'd like to see implemented from a gameplay perspective:

• Bring back the weapon triangle
  • Make proficiency abilities passive - i.e. not requiring a skill slot
  • Make bows unable to double at one range
  • Remove gender-locks on classes
  • Add "Conquest" difficulty - a difficulty mode higher than hard which focuses on clever enemy placement and skills rather than pumping up enemy stats.
  • New Gamemode "Back to the Roots": cuts monastery exploration down to a minimum to provide more of a classic Fire Emblem experience. Monastery activities are very limited, but enemy stats are scaled down accordingly. Probably a nightmare to program though.
Edited by Elephantus

One big thing for me, aside from the awesome ideas from @Elephantus, is that the story needs to be overhauled to make the route split happen at the end of part 1, not the beginning. You don't pick a house to teach, you pick a subject. This determines what Byleth is good at, and he teaches this to all three houses, getting to know (and crucially, getting attached to) all three houses. Then the big chaos happens and you have to pick a side, meaning the decision happens when you actually know what the decision means.

Edited by Alastor15243

2 hours ago, Elephantus said:
  • Bring back the weapon triangle
  •  

Already there though. It's a skill yes, but it's there.

cuts monastery exploration down to a minimum to provide more of a classic Fire Emblem experience. Monastery activities are very limited, but enemy stats are scaled down accordingly. Probably a nightmare to program though.

You can do that already, just skip 😉

• Add "Conquest" difficulty - a difficulty mode higher than hard which focuses on clever enemy placement and skills rather than pumping up enemy stats.
  •  

Yup! Big agree with this. The stat inflation in maddening is really really annoying. CQ Luna enemy stats iirc were the same (or atleast very similiar) as hard difficulty, but the skills were changed to make the player think more. I much prefer CQ's approach to things when it come to balance over any FE. 

As for me, I want Part 1 maps in the Kingdom to be replaced with Maps with in the houses respective Country. Like if you are Black Eagles, you don't deal with Lonato, but something in the Empire, for example.

Also, playable Rhea in SS.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Already there though. It's a skill yes, but it's there.

Oh, I know there's the breaker skills, but I wish the weapon triangle was a thing on top of that.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You can do that already, just skip 😉

Yup, you can. Not enough for some people though, which is why I proposed my idea. I personally don't have too many issues with the monastery stuff, but I feel like a mode like this would be great for those who dislike it. As I said though, it would be a nightmare to program that.

2 hours ago, Green_Unit said:

I know, but I can’t move it, so I’m making it use assets from other games aswell so it could be general

You can Report your own post.  In the text field, request that your topic be moved.  Which I'm going to do.  So please read the subforum descriptions before making a topic!

One change I would make: make spells equippable, like combat arts. Faith and Reason would both count toward a combined total. The numbers vary by class, as follows:

Spoiler

Noble/Commoner: 2 spells (no longer do uses get halved), 1 combat art

Myrmidon/Fighter/Soldier: 0 spells, 2 combat arts

Monk: 3 spells, 1 combat art

Physical Intermediate Classes: 0 spells, 3 CA

Magical Ints: 3 spells*, 2 CA (*note: spells granted by a class skill, like Miasma on Dark Mages, do not count toward the Spell total)

Physical Advanced: 0 spells, 4 CA (*combat arts granted by class mastery, like Hunter's Volley, are again excluded)

Magical Advanced: 4 spells, 2 CA

Physical Master: 0 spells, 5 CA

Mortal Savant, Enlightened One, Dark/Holy Knight: 3 spells, 4 CA

Gremory: 5 spells, 2 CA

Dancer: 2 spells, 3 CA

It always felt a bit over-powered that mages can use as many spells as they get, while physical units were limited to their inventory, and combat art slots. This way, you have to choose which spells will serve you best in the battle ahead. And it really seems like lategame, units should get access to more combat arts to bring into battle.

Another change I would make is to raise some weapon ranks. Rapier being at E, for instance, is absurd - with how strong it is, it should at least be at C. Similarly, Training weapons are actually very good (low weight, high hit, high durability, low cost) - I would boost them to D, at a minimum, maybe under a different name.

Speaking of weapons, magical ones are super hard to obtain. I would make it so some monsters drop it through armor breaks, so that you don't have to wait for the Dark Merchant to have reliable access to magical weapons.

I would also change magical hit rates, so that like bows, they lose Hit beyond innate range (2 for most spells, 3 for Thoron and others, 10 for siege spells). Think this would go a long way to balancing Thyrsus/Caduceus.

Finally, I would change Saint's weapons and Hero's Relics around a bit. Now they're all A-rank, but accessible at E-rank for anyone with the proper Crest. Not having a crest means restoring no HP, or taking 10 damage, respectively. Having the wrong Crest means restoring 10 HP, or taking no damage, each turn. And having the right Crest means gaining a bonus ability (ex. Weight-5 on Axe of Ukonvasara, Crit+20 on Sword of Moralta, etc.), or getting the relevant combat art (Foudrayant Strike on Thunderbrand, etc.).