Bound Hero Battle: Sigurd and Lewyn

Landmaster

KYN5LzI.png

I like this map, F for no reinforcements again~

A bit tricky with the Cav Duo~ Just needed to make sure they had enough buffs with the Links and needed Def/Res Bond for OG!Elise~

Edited by Landmaster

@Landmaster A nice, clean 2-turn clear!  The turn 1 charge was very bold indeed, and I'm surprised regular Elise didn't even have to activate Miracle to get through that enemy phase.  Speaking of Miracle, all that splash damage was a very clever way to get around Sigurd's own attempt at holding on. 😃

I wish my own unit was as resilient against that green dagger.  I could have gone Serpent instead, but this time I refuse to out of principle.  That aside...I think going forward I will be tackling BHBs with the J&I duo, while J&J handle the GHBs.  Not all of them will be worth recording/posting, but I can't resist a good Jugdral map.

I love the Ch. 5 music too much to consider changing it.

Edited by DLNarshen

@Landmaster Ouch. That poor green dagger enemy only dealing 1 damage to Elise of all people.

@Endriu Nice. Done in under a minute.

@DLNarshen Aoe skills are one way to bypass miracle. Hadn't though about that one yet. Julius looks pretty cool as well. It reminds me to dust of my own Julius sometimes.
-------
All the teleportation and Sigurd being a supertank made this Bhb a bit more tricky then I orignially thought. Still both my teams eventually got past it.
Gen 1 vs gen 2: 
Seliph got to do his thing again and this was a good place to try out Leif's new refine.

Few people use Raigh and I think even less people use Tobin and Clive. So I used all three along with Matthew who would be on this list before he got his refine.

@Landmaster

Nice positioning there, using that trench tile to block Sigurd off from getting to Elise. That was some pretty serious Def stack, too.

...but is it legal for Nah to take one of the bosses?
~

Sigurd not bringing fully charged Miracle was just asking for trouble.

Edited by LordFrigid

I made one of these one turn clears as well this time! The video isn't edited or anything so nothing special, but it was pretty fun to figure out the solution, so I might start doing this more often!

Featuring my newly finished +10 Tana! She took care of the green units because she knows the weapon triangle very well.

47 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I made one of these one turn clears as well this time! The video isn't edited or anything so nothing special, but it was pretty fun to figure out the solution, so I might start doing this more often!

That was a nice debut for Tana! Brave effect is also a nice way to get around that Miracle.

The world needs more one-turns.

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

That was a nice debut for Tana! Brave effect is also a nice way to get around that Miracle.

The world needs more one-turns.

Thanks for the praise!

I agree! It's a pretty interesting way to play the game, it feels good to mix up the way I approach a map like this.

@DLNarshen - All these ranged units are no match for Julius. Sigurd can’t even use his fancy tricks against him to stall. Only challenge was that Dagger and Julius still handled it like a champ, with some help from the waifu.

@Sasori - Seliph’s refine really saved him here, that was a pretty heavy first turn. Nice teamwork to clean up Lewyn and Sigurd. Sad to watch Seliph take down his own dad, though~

I like underdog teams. Especially with Raigh~ His tanking was a good way to get his Special off. Both bosses holding on with 1 HP was pretty amusing~ I see we’ve given Tobin a Barrier Blade, I reeeaally like this~ Good to see some nice investment in these lesser used unit~

@LordFrigid - We ran out of trenches to abuse, someone had to stop that madlad.

Lv1 Effie Smite Pogchamp wow. Smooth clear on this one, I like that you could have completed a Movement Quest with this Team~

@BoaFerox - I will bully you for the no sound. Good one turn! Sigurd’s Miracle can’t save him from the quad. Tana killing the Greens was epic~

Brave Ike and NY Alfonse + Sharena wiped the floor with this one. lol Though infernal took a couple tries for me. I'm sorry I haven't been making anymore clear videos, btw. My life's gotten busier with college and stuff. xP

@Landmaster Legendary Pokemon! Wow, Elise surviving with 1 HP without Miracle sure was a sight to see! Dusk Uchiwa sure is a handy weapon!

@DLNarshen You know I was trying to do a Jugdral Tome run, but after seeing your duo clear there was no need. Love the use of the AoE to bypass Sigurd's absurd magic bulk! Good on you for keeping Loptuous as well!

@BoaFerox Gotta love some GF fliers, and Edelgard jumping in there as well was neat! Hooray for completing Tana!

@Zeo @mampfoid @daisy jane @Ginko @Diovani Bressan @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @DarkAlf

Firstly is some units with..let's just say something in common in their lives.

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Flora, neutral Dancer Rinea and neutral New Year Laegjarn

Music is Tears from the King of Fighters 1999

-Flora really used every skill in her kit to defeat the archer, using Atk/Res Solo and Def Ploy to offset her -Atk and QR to double. She also needed Laegjarn's Def Tactic and double Distant Guard from Rinea to survive the initial attack.

-Sigurd needed Darting Stance to survive the Sapphire Lance flier. Also had to be careful not activating enemy Sigurd's Spd Smoke so he can survive, so I was being cautious with turn order near the end. Meanwhile Rinea had to be a shield for a bit until Sigurd's Miracle disappeared.

---

Now for a more traditional clear, this time with Deirdre stepping up after being left out of the banner.

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Res/-Spd Quan and neutral Ethlyn

Music is Kouryu (Distant Thought) from Last Blade 2

- Deirdre sure shows her magic tank abilities with DIstant Def, Drive Def support and Distant Guard support to get Lewyn to foolishly attack her instead of the Brave archer. 

- Quan used the power of double Brazen Atk/Def to double his strengths. If only Sigurd didn't have Miracle...luckily his wife Ethlyn picked up his slack. The Atk boost made sure he can defeat the green dagger and blue wolf tome mage ASAP. 

Leon needed Swordbreaker, Fierce Stance in the S slot, and Drive Atk on someone, but this allowed him to counter-kill the green shuriken dude, and subsequently the horse mage.  After that, it was clean-up.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, Sasori said:

Julius looks pretty cool as well. It reminds me to dust of my own Julius sometimes.

Definitely.  Dragon-slaying weakness makes him a little tricky to use sometimes, but otherwise he's a super satisfying unit!

All the teleportation and Sigurd being a supertank made this Bhb a bit more tricky then I orignially thought. Still both my teams eventually got past it.
Gen 1 vs gen 2: 
Seliph got to do his thing again and this was a good place to try out Leif's new refine.

Speaking of satisfying units, high-investment Seliph is a super champ.  Poor enemy Lewyn didn't even get to attack, lol

Few people use Raigh and I think even less people use Tobin and Clive. So I used all three along with Matthew who would be on this list before he got his refine.

Those are...certainly some units.  I was surprised to see Clive nearly one-round Sigurd...power of Vanguard I suppose.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, mcsilas said:

https://imgur.com/BzfPQDY

In all seriousness Flora was very impressive here!  The brave effects in this map only worked against them...

Now for a more traditional clear, this time with Deirdre stepping up after being left out of the banner.

Love the archer taking advantage of the Guidance effect just to futilely attack Quan and make him easy pickings for the next turn.  As one might expect from a double Brazen build, Quan put in far more work than his stats might suggest.  Almost a triple Brazen if we take into account the weapon effect.  

Completed this Bound Hero battle an hour just before it expired with a team of Tharja, leg Azura, dark Azura, and LegLyn. Had a good amount of trouble from the placement of the map since it doesn't reward being passive and Sigurd was a pain to being down with magic. Over 20 attempts I finally managed a strategy to clear the map. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Flora, neutral Dancer Rinea and neutral New Year Laegjarn

Music is Tears from the King of Fighters 1999

-Flora really used every skill in her kit to defeat the archer, using Atk/Res Solo and Def Ploy to offset her -Atk and QR to double. She also needed Laegjarn's Def Tactic and double Distant Guard from Rinea to survive the initial attack.

-Sigurd needed Darting Stance to survive the Sapphire Lance flier. Also had to be careful not activating enemy Sigurd's Spd Smoke so he can survive, so I was being cautious with turn order near the end. Meanwhile Rinea had to be a shield for a bit until Sigurd's Miracle disappeared.

---

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Res/-Spd Quan and neutral Ethlyn

Music is Kouryu (Distant Thought) from Last Blade 2

- Deirdre sure shows her magic tank abilities with DIstant Def, Drive Def support and Distant Guard support to get Lewyn to foolishly attack her instead of the Brave archer. 

- Quan used the power of double Brazen Atk/Def to double his strengths. If only Sigurd didn't have Miracle...luckily his wife Ethlyn picked up his slack. The Atk boost made sure he can defeat the green dagger and blue wolf tome mage ASAP. 

Yes, I’m hella late, we never know when our computers will just decide they don’t like to work anymore~

Nice clear! Laegjarn is super tanky and Flora does some nice work, too~ Rinea just barely holds on for the clutch save at the end so Sigurd can end his evil clone~

Yesss, the family theme clear~ I love the music, it fits perfectly. Lewyn saying it’s “the end” only to do two damage is pretty hilarious. Ethlyn killing Sigurd hurts my heart, tho~ But some overall great teamwork, well done!

• 6 months later...

Oh yeah, I missed this topic when I disappeared in January.

Anyways, originally cleared Hard with low HM units, Lunatic with Sanaki, D!Ike, Tana, Bunonica and Infernal with Lyon, Ephraim + Lyon, Eirika, Nino, while this time it was Askrtrio + Fell!Lyon and for cav clear it was Zweihardt, Finn, Gronnwen and BowLeif.