(Solved)fire emblem awakening modified grow rate ?

Callie

Hi ! i play FE:Awakening(.3ds) with citra emulator. I wonder if there is a easy way to modified the main avatar(my unit robin) grow rate in PC. 

Cause I found that the avatar is too overpowered with other charaters, i really dont like that.

I hope  can make my charater a bit more balanced. A glass canon is the best.

like HP      Str     Magic    Skl        Speed    Luck    Def      Res

30%   80%     80%       80%       30%     80%     30%    30%

Edited by Qewe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

Unless you know how to hack 3DS games, the answer is no.

And in what universe is four 80% growths "balanced"?

yes, that why i call it glass canon, str, magic skill , luck is 80%. but the speed growth is only 30%. It make MU will really hard to double strike and u see, others like HP, DEF,Res, is 30% too. So if she get 1 hit, she die, and she cant double most the enemy. Is it not interesting ?

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, do you have the data extracted and decrypted? That would be a good start. 

Then, you need to know that the growths are encrypted, like FE12. 

hi ! I know how to extracted and decrypted . It will extracted to some folders and files. In there, is a folder call "ROMFS" , right?

Then what should I do next

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

And in what universe is four 80% growths "balanced"?

Fire Emblem Awakening. :XD:

Joking aside, as I stated earlier, i'm not sure if you have all of the files extracted or not. Mentioning that would be a good start.

5 minutes ago, Qewe said:

hi ! I know how to extracted and decrypted . It will extracted to some folders and files. In there, is a folder call "ROMFS" , right?

Then what should I do next

Yes, then you have to find Static.bin which is in Data>Person folders.

I'm not sure if you know how to work with encrypted growths, so you'd have to mention that as well.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Fire Emblem Awakening. :XD:

Joking aside, as I stated earlier, i'm not sure if you have all of the files extracted or not. Mentioning that would be a good start.

Yes, then you have to find Static.bin which is in Data>Person folders.

I'm not sure if you know how to work with encrypted growths, so you'd have to mention that as well.

im afraid not... I never work with .bin before. Hope u will help

wait..!!!!!!!!!!! I only need to remove .lz in Person folder only ,right? ( using FEAT), cause I drag RomFS to FEAT, it is runing for a while then post error. But I only drag person folder to FEAT, it work perfectly, no error

Edited by Qewe

5 hours ago, Qewe said:

yes, that why i call it glass canon, str, magic skill , luck is 80%. but the speed growth is only 30%. It make MU will really hard to double strike and u see, others like HP, DEF,Res, is 30% too. So if she get 1 hit, she die, and she cant double most the enemy. Is it not interesting ?

Max MT + crit = dead enemy, so doubling's irrelevant.

IMO if you just want to screw with growth rates randomly, the GBA FEs are a lot easier to modify.  But if you want to attempt to decrypt, modify, then re-encrypt everything, you're somewhat on your own.

22 hours ago, Qewe said:

im afraid not... I never work with .bin before. Hope u will help

wait..!!!!!!!!!!! I only need to remove .lz in Person folder only ,right? ( using FEAT), cause I drag RomFS to FEAT, it is runing for a while then post error. But I only drag person folder to FEAT, it work perfectly, no error

Yes, you need to find the static file for character growth rates and such. Then comes the matter of decrypting them to change them.

22 hours ago, eclipse said:

Max MT + crit = dead enemy, so doubling's irrelevant.

IMO if you just want to screw with growth rates randomly, the GBA FEs are a lot easier to modify.  But if you want to attempt to decrypt, modify, then re-encrypt everything, you're somewhat on your own.

ty, that is a good idea. but u know, i play fe 6,7,8 in gba alot, and mess them with randomizer and nightmare module alot.... So i kinda bored of those games... I will wait for more interesting patch of those game.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Yes, you need to find the static file for character growth rates and such. Then comes the matter of decrypting them to change them.

i found static.bin... what should I do next ? I dont know how to open .bin either( use notepad , right ? ).

Edited by Qewe

4 hours ago, Qewe said:

i found static.bin... what should I do next ? I dont know how to open .bin either( use notepad , right ? ).

Open it with nightmare or a hex editor, your choice. Nightmare is probably easier, though.

14 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Open it with nightmare or a hex editor, your choice. Nightmare is probably easier, though.

thank you. would u kind share me the link to dow nightmare. 

Cause all nightmare.exe online I found only support to snes>wii

1 hour ago, Qewe said:

thank you. would u kind share me the link to dow nightmare. 

Cause all nightmare.exe online I found only support to snes>wii

I think they all work universally. First, have you decompressed static.bin? Do you have the modules for FE Awakening?

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think they all work universally. First, have you decompressed static.bin? Do you have the modules for FE Awakening?

,..... no...  i just leave static.bin there. and dont know what to do next..

18 minutes ago, Qewe said:

,..... no...  i just leave static.bin there. and dont know what to do next..

Well, use a program like HxD and open up static.bin and tell me what you see right at the first line.

9 hours ago, Qewe said:

this is what i saw,,,

hxh.png

Okay perfect, it's already decompressed, all you need is to use nightmare to edit things, then.

you can use the nightmare program you used to edit the Gba games for this.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

That's because you need to download the nightmare modules like Character Editor, Class Editor, etc. Also, i'm not 100% sure Nightmare 2 works.

where can I dow fire emblem awakeing module ? it's ok. I have nightmare 1 ,too

Edited by Qewe

2 hours ago, Qewe said:

where can I dow fire emblem awakeing module ? it's ok. I have nightmare 1 ,too

That's something you would have to search, but If you cant find them, I'll try to help out.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:33 AM, lightcosmo said:

That's something you would have to search, but If you cant find them, I'll try to help out.

ok. I found something like this. not sure it work or not.. now i dont know how to open them. I tried with nightmare and nightmare 2. But not seem to work

please just ignore the pic. i dont know how to delete it. the files below is what i found.. hope u take a look

Awakening Character.nmm Character List.txt Character.txt Class.txt Flag Details.txt Flag1-8.txt Flag17-24.txt Flag25-32.txt Flag33-40.txt Flag41-48.txt Flag49-56.txt Flag57-63.txt Flag9-16.txt Skill.txt Support.txt Awakening FaceData Injector.nmm Awakening FaceData.nmm Awakening Item.nmm Flag1-8.txt Flag17-24.txt Flag25-32.txt Flag33-40.txt Flag41-48.txt Flag49-55.txt Flag9-16.txt flags.txt Item.txt README.md SpecialFlag1-8.txt SpecialFlag9-13.txt Untitled-1.psd WeaponRank.txt WeaponTypes.txt

Edited by Angel Paladin

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Those probably work for nightmare 2, but I think they should work. You would have to test it out and let me know.

I think it doesnt work or i dont know how. pls take a look at this vid: 

and if I press "select file" and choose "fire emblem awakening.3ds" . it still gray out "open module" so i cant select module .nmm

Edited by Qewe