Why didn't X happen in Y route?

Jotari

33 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Claude may not nearly be so supportive of you in Silver Snow because you're essentially working to put Rhea back where she was previously, and that sort of interferes with his long term goals. That's still a problem he stresses over in Verdant Wind because you still can choose the dumb "OMG BUT WE MUST FIND LADY RHEA" options, but he might be more willing to stick around and see it through simply because he knows Byleth better and feels Byleth is more in his corner. Luckily for him, she still quietly dies in the end and we get God King/Queen Byleth.

Also in Silver Snow, doesn't he kind of just disappear? He probably said "fuck this" and went back to Almyra, which conveniently leaves the Alliance without leadership in the middle of a war. I still think it's a stretch to say ALL of the remaining Alliance lords would be okay with submitting to a King, though... because the reason they became the Alliance in the first place is so they didn't have to.

Does she die in Verdant Wind? Maybe I missed something, but I played Verdant Wind second after Silver Snow and I was thinking it odd that Rhea didn't die, because I couldn't imagine her quietly stepping down.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I was thinking it odd that Rhea didn't die, because I couldn't imagine her quietly stepping down.

Rhea says in all non-CF routes that all this time she's just been a stand-in until Sothis returned, so it makes perfect sense that she'd step down once the fighting was over. Incidentally, this is why Byleth becomes Archbishop in AM.

18 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Rhea says in all non-CF routes that all this time she's just been a stand-in until Sothis returned, so it makes perfect sense that she'd step down once the fighting was over. Incidentally, this is why Byleth becomes Archbishop in AM.

This is true, but in Silver Snow she also kind of apologies to Byleth for what she did and sees them as a unique entity separate from Sothis.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Cornelia still assassinates Dimitri's father in Azure Moon, though, right? He's certainly seems to be dead given Dimitri's running things. Did it go down that Cornelia assassinated the king, blamed Dimitri and then Rhea was all like "no, he had good grades in school, he can't be a murderer," and then some other poor sap got the blame for it? Even then I could see Rhea seeing this as a good opportunity to implement herself as ruler of Fargheis to fight the war, though maybe she's not quite that power hungry. Or perhaps Dimitri's dad coincidentally just died of natural causes or warfare in the five years and there was no assassination at all.

Dimitri's father dies in the Tragedy of Duscur four years before the game's start. The one Cornelia assassinates is Dimitri's crestless uncle Rufus, who is merely ruling as regent until Dimitri comes of age and can be crowned. In the absence of Cornelia's coup, Dimitri comes to the throne naturally.

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Dimitri's father dies in the Tragedy of Duscur four years before the game's start. The one Cornelia assassinates is Dimitri's crestless uncle Rufus, who is merely ruling as regent until Dimitri comes of age and can be crowned. In the absence of Cornelia's coup, Dimitri comes to the throne naturally.

Also Rufus may still live as Dimitri says his bloodline will live on even if he dies, meaning his only living relative Rufus is still alive.

My one contribution to all of this is about Nemesis' seemingly-random appearance. It's established early on that Flayn's blood is special, and we know that her crest + her proficiencies are all around being a healer and supporting figure. Easy logical step from there is that Flayn's blood has healing properties of some potency. We also know that the Slithers successfuly took extracted some of Flayn's blood. So it seems easy to assume that Nemesis' body was revived from stasis in part due to the use of Flayn's blood.

Is that clear enough to satisfy the average player? Nope. I honestly think that 90% of the narrative issues people have with that game (the one's that don't stem from ignorance or lack of paid attention) would be solvable with the addition of like, 3 new cutscenes at 3-5 new CG's, just to transition more into "show don't tell". The game definitely felt some crunch time in terms of final polish. 

5 hours ago, Mandokarla said:

My one contribution to all of this is about Nemesis' seemingly-random appearance. It's established early on that Flayn's blood is special, and we know that her crest + her proficiencies are all around being a healer and supporting figure. Easy logical step from there is that Flayn's blood has healing properties of some potency. We also know that the Slithers successfuly took extracted some of Flayn's blood. So it seems easy to assume that Nemesis' body was revived from stasis in part due to the use of Flayn's blood.

Is that clear enough to satisfy the average player? Nope. I honestly think that 90% of the narrative issues people have with that game (the one's that don't stem from ignorance or lack of paid attention) would be solvable with the addition of like, 3 new cutscenes at 3-5 new CG's, just to transition more into "show don't tell". The game definitely felt some crunch time in terms of final polish. 

All lot of time the game doesn't even show or tell. It leaves plot points just outright unexplained. Possible explanations are there like the one you just cited, but the games leaves that reason as completely speculative. I don't mind some things being left unexplained in a narrative, but Three Houses does it so often that sometimes it feels like the fans are expected to finish writing the story.

Edited by Jotari

In regards to Flayn's Blood, I think it's very much likely that her blood was for the creation of the Crest Beasts. I mean, through her blood, we got Remire Village with Solon's experiments. Then Kronya made her own experiments with students. Then by the end, we basically have the Crest Beasts be modified.

The gameplay even indicates how the Crest Beasts are "Dragon" types, which is what Flayn is.