What's the lore behind Sealed Forest?

Timlugia

I was replaying the level of Caspar and Mercedes in Sealed Forest, this time I spent some effort looking around the map in zoomed out detail.

It got me wondering, what's deal of Sealed Forest? I realized I was never explained anything about this location, other than Catherine told us that it was a forbidden location in the normal circumstance.

Looking around the level, there are a few strange machine scattered around the forest; a few furnace like device

Obvious, in the middle is the ruin TWISTD tried to kill you with, with a large symbol on the floor (Is it a crest? Can someone identify this symbol?)

But I also noticed something I missed previously, due north of the ruin, there is a cliff with red glare. I only now realized in the middle of the cliff is a Crest of Flame icon. But I can't figure out what CoF signified here.

Am I missing something about Sealed Forest? Or the game simply didn't explain it's background

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Probably connected to the Darkness of Zaharas somehow...whatever the hell that is. 

Most likely will find out in the new DLC

3 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Catherine told us that it was a forbidden location in the normal circumstance.

Sounds like Rhea trying to hide something.

3 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Obvious, in the middle is the ruin TWISTD tried to kill you with, with a large symbol on the floor (Is it a crest? Can someone identify this symbol?)

At first i couldn't think of what you were talking about, but are you referencing this?

Spoiler

image.png.96203d5d6a136d7c09b5ce23cfcb6133.png