Is there any Point to getting the Switch Version?

I bought the Wii U version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions way back when and have yet to really dive into playing it. I know the Encore version has all the DLC included as well as new costumes and short additional character side stories (plus some other stuff I might be missing). As nice as it sounds I don't really see any reason for me to double dip and get Encore as well. For those who have/are playing both versions is there anything I'm majorly missing out by only playing the Wii U version? Thanks.

Edited by Holla99

It runs a lot smoother and the graphics seem a bit better.  The new side stories are also really fun.  It depends what you want.  I bought the Encore version because this one of my favorite games and I want to support it, but if you don't really like this game/don't care about the extras then it is your choice.

10 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

It runs a lot faster

This. The Wii U runs so slowly at times it's hard to bear. I'm not sure if they fixed the game freezes (I've had tons of them) in the switch version, but i'm assuming so.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This. The Wii U runs so slowly at times it's hard to bear. I'm not sure if they fixed the game freezes (I've had tons of them) in the switch version, but i'm assuming so.

Compared to the Wii U version, I for one have seen improvements with the Switch Version. Like you said lag spikes and game freezes were overwhelmingly frequent in the Wii U version, I haven't gotten to far in the Switch Version but I have encountered almost no game freezes and only a few lag spikes, and the spikes I have encountered were no where near as bad or frequent as the Wii U version. 

3 hours ago, TeeGeeThree said:

Compared to the Wii U version, I for one have seen improvements with the Switch Version. Like you said lag spikes and game freezes were overwhelmingly frequent in the Wii U version, I haven't gotten to far in the Switch Version but I have encountered almost no game freezes and only a few lag spikes, and the spikes I have encountered were no where near as bad or frequent as the Wii U version. 

This is promising! Super glad some of the bugs were fixed! It was annoying that the game randomly decided to freeze everytime I completed a sidequest. 

• 1 month later...

I just finished patched/restored version of the Wii U game. I didn't encounter any game-play slowdowns. Also general loading times felt somewhat similar to Switch version based on few Youtube clips. Of course in my case it run off the USB 2.0 stick and not disc.

So for those who haven't played it yet Wii U patched version is indeed viable option. 

Edited by vuttFE