What is everyone's thoughts on CYL?

Votes for CYL in general  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Lords of each game should be voted for in CYL?

• Yes, they deserve a chance to get a another alt.
    • No, then it turns into "Which Lord?" instead of "Which character?".
  2. 2. Do you typically vote for the Lords during the CYL voting thing?

• Yes, I love them
    • Yes, only cause they are the only votes that matter.
    • No, because my favorite isn't a Lord
    • No, because I hate the CYL event

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

With Jill currently being in the Top 20 of the Female Category, I really hope IS actually puts her in this year, cuz I'm just tired of fucking waiting for her at this point

You should vote for Patty instead as Patty is far less likely to get in the game than Jill. 

I find it really weird so many people on Reddit and Twitter are saying they want IS to make two CYL Banners because they want non-3H winners~ I just don't get that mentality, they didn't win~ Why should they get alts? By this logic, Marth should have got a Brave alt eons ago~ The game they're from doesn't matter, I don't see why now all of a sudden IS should change this~

Not as bad as people just going full petty mode saying 3H characters should have been excluded entirely but I really wasn't expecting this much 3H salt.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She'll be in the next Tellius banner, I'm sure.

That depends on when the next Tellius banner is. Cuz I am not gonna wait another long time for the next Tellius banner only to be denied of Jill again

53 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

You should vote for Patty instead as Patty is far less likely to get in the game than Jill. 

I'm voting for both. I've been incognito voting the shit out of both of them

50 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I find it really weird so many people on Reddit and Twitter are saying they want IS to make two CYL Banners because they want non-3H winners~ I just don't get that mentality, they didn't win~ Why should they get alts?

Because they’re under the delusion that Marth and/or Eirika automatically deserve the honor for one reason or another even if they don’t actually earn it.

Yeah, no freaking thanks. Those two only have three alts each already compared to the 0 the House Leaders + F!Byleth have (or not being in the game at all in the case of Lysithea and Bernadetta). 

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Because they’re under the delusion that Marth and/or Eirika automatically deserve the honor for one reason or another even if they don’t actually earn it.

Yeah, no freaking thanks. Those two only have three alts each already compared to the 0 the House Leaders + F!Byleth have (or not being in the game at all in the case of Lysithea and Bernadetta). 

I have seen no less than like 4-5 topics of people wanting two CYL Banners in this day alone, I was not expecting this level of salt (and I'm someone actually voting for Marth).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Sorry, but "having too many alts" is no longer a disqualifying factor for anyone not deserving CYL anymore and you very much know why. It'd be hypocritical for anyone who was okay with that to suddenly decide it's not okay for Marth and Eirika.

Besides, Marth should've won CYL2 anyway. He scored above Ephraim and only got third because his votes were split. In his case, he was cheated out of a win he should've gotten due to a vote split and has been getting fucked over since because IS is dumb and made a vote split in the first two years to begin with while also being stupid about not giving certain other characters alts when they should get them or shafting them in comparison to their co-lords.

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sorry, but "having too many alts" is no longer a disqualifying factor for anyone not deserving CYL anymore and you very much know why. It'd be hypocritical for anyone who was okay with that to suddenly decide it's not okay for Marth and Eirika.

I never said it should be a disqualifying factor. I’d just prefer for the new blood to get alts over the characters who’ve already gotten plenty of love.

And for me personally, it’s not hypocritical for me to be against this now as I’ve never voted for a character with multiple alts (no, not even Camilla) and never plan to.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I never said it should be a disqualifying factor. I’d just prefer for the new blood to get alts over the characters who’ve already gotten plenty of love.

And for me personally, it’s not hypocritical for me to be against this now as I’ve never voted for a character with multiple alts (no, not even Camilla) and never plan to.

And that's perfectly fine. But if people actually want Marth and Eirika to get alts then they want those characters to get alts. Also, I'm sure that the 3H lords will get plenty of alts even without CYL and  that the more popular 3H characters will all get in eventually anyway and get alts of their own, so like ... this is a logic that can go around in circles.

Besides, for a person who hasn't played 3H and has no connection to the 3H characters (or just didn't like the game in general), and if the only characters they like who are scoring high enough are Marth and Eirika or any other character with lots of existing alts, then they'd probably rather have one of those instead. I mean, of my favorite characters Eirika and Reinhardt are the only ones anywhere close to the top and I'm pretty sure all the 3H characters pushed Rath and Tormod and Luthier out of their already precarious spots. I haven't played 3H and am not super interested in it right now, so while I'm happy for people who do like all these characters it's personally a letdown for me.

Well it's a good thing that I never actually called you a hypocrite then, is it?

Edited by Sunwoo

Yeah, any 3H character popular enough to rank well in CYL will be added when they start making 3H banners, so the "not in the game" justification doesn't really work for them. Not to mention their fans have only been waiting for months, not years.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So in your opinion ideally a character should not have more than three versions. Fair enough. 

9 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

With Jill currently being in the Top 20 of the Female Category, I really hope IS actually puts her in this year, cuz I'm just tired of fucking waiting for her at this point

I'd say it likely-ish. They seemed to be taking care to not overload the game with any one world's banners. Tellius' banners last year were largely eaten up by laguz, but they got most of the major ones added now. I'm guessing Tellius will have two banners: one dragon laguz based one, and another one that's Dawn Brigade focused. Jill is part of the Dawn Brigade, and is the most popular member of it. Pretty easy banner seller/prize unit. Have it be like Jill, Zihark, Tauroneo, Pelleas, with Jill and Pelleas being the prize units. 

I see this as an opportunity for increasing the odds for characters we want in the game to get in the game. This year, I've not yet missed a day for voting for Elena (Ike and Mist's mom.) She only ever appeared in cutscenes in her home game(s?) and I want a chance to get to know her better. Plus, having her be playable would be awesome.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .oh my gosh, is this how this topic is going to end?

I'm confused. Did I say something wrong or something?

On 1/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, DefyingFates said:

I see why you ask those questions, but I personally plan to vote for Eirika because she's one of my favourites on top of being a Lord. That's just personal preference though. I too have many characters I'd love to see win CYL that aren't Lords too.

I mean, we do/(did?) get the Brave Redux too to look forward to. Characters like Dorcas, Mia, Kliff, Joshua, Aversa, Owain, even a playable Loki all came directly as a result of Choose Your Legends. Some of them are so popular, that they got alts of their own. Not to mention, the Brave banners themselves are a good source of free-to-play Gods.

12 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I mean, we do/(did?) get the Brave Redux too to look forward to. Characters like Dorcas, Mia, Kliff, Joshua, Aversa, Owain, even a playable Loki all came directly as a result of Choose Your Legends. Some of them are so popular, that they got alts of their own. Not to mention, the Brave banners themselves are a good source of free-to-play Gods.

You say that, and yet they didn't even do that last year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 12:09 AM, Dandy Druid said:

In past CYL I mainly voted for refreshers I like. Since most of them are in now, I'll probably vote for Laylea, Lara, Elphin, Nils, and Rafiel, since they're the last ones remaining IIRC. I'll probably use my remaining votes for characters like Pent, Louise, Charlotte, and Noire. I know none of these characters won't win but I would like a normal version of them to get in the game. Or maybe I'll vote for a 3H character, idk. I guess I can add Dorothea to the list of refreshers.

Slightly off topic, but if we're gonna get alts, I would like it if it was the 3 and 4 star units from the first year. Laslow, Odin, Selena, Raven, Priscilla, and Lucius need some redemption. I would prefer their alts to be a promoted form of themselves too, so think Sorcerer Odin, Hero Laslow, Bow Knight Selena, Hero Raven, Valkyrie Priscilla, and Bishop Lucius. They all get a new color type this way as well.

OMG THANK YOU FOR VOTING FOR 3-4 STAR UNITS

Seriously though, I would honestly love some FE7 characters besides the lords to get votes

5 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

OMG THANK YOU FOR VOTING FOR 3-4 STAR UNITS

Seriously though, I would honestly love some FE7 characters besides the lords to get votes

FE7 (Elibe in general) has one of the biggest gaps between lord popularity and the rest of the cast. 

The first year 3-4 star units definitely need love, since they have been powercreeped to hell and back and not all of them provide good fodder. It's really strange too, because the characters I mentioned are inherently unpopular, especially the Awakening Fates Trio + Raven, Lucius, and Priscilla are fairly well loved by Elibe fans. I hope they can get some alts this year. I would prefer promoted versions, but I'd be happy with a seasonal too.

I hope they don't get the resplendent treatment, but I'm not sure if those 6 will get it. 

Guys I would quite literally kill for a Severa/Selena alt of ANY kind. What makes this whole thing even more frustrating is that her mother has like 3 different alts while Severa’s original form is not in the game yet all. Like I like Cordelia but come on!!!!

5 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Guys I would quite literally kill for a Severa/Selena alt of ANY kind. What makes this whole thing even more frustrating is that her mother has like 3 different alts while Severa’s original form is not in the game yet all. Like I like Cordelia but come on!!!!

Cordelia has one  two alts. Inigo/Laslow have one alt.  Odin/Owain have one alt. Severa is only behind by one. It is weird how she still hasn't received a Severa alt yet, but she really hasn't been dealt that much injustice.

Anyways, yeah, the game needs to have farfetched heroes banner because that's where we get non-lord gems who otherwise wouldn't make it in for a while.

Edited by Benice